Shanahan a racist??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Re: Shanahan a racist??

Postby AnthonyRRedskin1995 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:16 am

emoses14 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Why so quick to reject it?
If we didn't see Cooper on video saying he wanted to fight the niggers at the country music concert would we have said "naaaaw, he didn't say that, that would be idiotic"?
Obviously not saying Shan is or isn't, and not saying that Sharpe isn't just bitter, but why so quick to reject what a former player said?

My one and only reason for immediately calling bull crap is that it came from Shannon Sharpe. Had it come from a different, less annoying player who isn't ALWAYS RUNNING HIS DAMN MOUTH and who I don't suspect pisses everyone he's around off, then I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss.

I think this would have more credibility coming from someone other than Shannon Sharpe. Sharpe loves talking and being the center of attention which is what would lead to him making comment like this. But in the end of the day, Shanahan may or may not be racist, but his "racism" is not at all the reason we were 3-13 this past season.
“I don’t like ‘em. They all have bad breath.” Dexter Manley on Cowboys Fans.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:28 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:I agree with you guys actually, but was just curious.

Sharpe has said some things that make you scratch your head, no doubt about that.

My take on it... He is like a shock jock. Like I have said before Mike had NO PEOPLE SKILLS.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:34 am

Pretty good points however I also have to say that just because one of the sources is Shannon Sharpe that doesn't make it any less true, Riley Cooper's outburst shows that anyone can be an undercover racist. To the poster that remarked about my comment of Shanahan not winning anything after Elway, I meant that in the sense of another Super Bowl. I will also take the stance that regardless what is said or how it's turned around, I don't think Shanahan ever would have won a Super Bowl without Elway. Also with how he treated Haynesworth, I believe there are two sides to every story, I think a lot of lies were told to get Haynesworth here, and that in no way lessons what a flop he turned out to be, it's just my opinion and wondering how he might have played had the 4-3 remained and even if Gregg Williams would have never left. However going back to this topic, I just find it very strange that all the issues reported seem to be against African American players such as Fred Davis, Josh Morgan, Donovan McNabb and lastly RGIII. I mean as bad as Tyler Polumbus played I would have thought he would have been in Shanahan's famous dog house........I don't know in the end, it's just something to think about.......

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:44 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:PI just find it very strange that all the issues reported seem to be against African American players such as Fred Davis, Josh Morgan, Donovan McNabb and lastly RGIII. I mean as bad as Tyler Polumbus played I would have thought he would have been in Shanahan's famous dog house........I don't know in the end, it's just something to think about.......

I think you need to look a little deeper into his history. He's got a LONG history of QBs in his dog house starting as far back as Jay Schroeder. McNabb wasn't the first guy he traded for and pulled the plug on.

The Raiders had recently traded Jim Lachey and draft picks to acquire Schroeder, and over the next week, Shanahan stated definitively that Schroeder would remain the starter. The next week, he changed his mind after a second straight benching.

"This is not to take anything away from Jay and his potential as a quarterback on this team," Shanahan said, after announcing the switch. "But anytime you miss a quarterback camp and you miss a preseason, you get put in a situation that is tough and not as fair as it should be. It's just not comfortable for him....I've got a lot of confidence in Jay, but the bottom line for our team right now is the second half of the season and the ability to win, and right now, I believe the best direction to go is with Steve Beuerlein."

Sound familiar?

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:44 am

The double standard in this country is beyond ridiculous in this day and age. It seems any time there is a dispute between a black athlete and a white coach someone throws out the race card. Its laughable at this point.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:45 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Pretty good points however I also have to say that just because one of the sources is Shannon Sharpe that doesn't make it any less true, Riley Cooper's outburst shows that anyone can be an undercover racist. To the poster that remarked about my comment of Shanahan not winning anything after Elway, I meant that in the sense of another Super Bowl. I will also take the stance that regardless what is said or how it's turned around, I don't think Shanahan ever would have won a Super Bowl without Elway. Also with how he treated Haynesworth, I believe there are two sides to every story, I think a lot of lies were told to get Haynesworth here, and that in no way lessons what a flop he turned out to be, it's just my opinion and wondering how he might have played had the 4-3 remained and even if Gregg Williams would have never left. However going back to this topic, I just find it very strange that all the issues reported seem to be against African American players such as Fred Davis, Josh Morgan, Donovan McNabb and lastly RGIII. I mean as bad as Tyler Polumbus played I would have thought he would have been in Shanahan's famous dog house........I don't know in the end, it's just something to think about.......

I can't believe I am defending Mike but... Once in his dog house it is near impossible to get out. The Haynesworth comment is true and I agree. Mikes stupidity was going to the 34 but that is history now. It also showed that Haynesworth was no football player. He could only play tackle. His past Titans coaches said if he wanted to he could play many positions well. Instead he was lied to and he decided to not even give it a real go. Too bad because he could have been a very steady player.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:19 pm

These RUMOURS remind me of Making wood out of a dead tree ... What is next? Is Mike the anti-Christ too?

He is gone, people. Let us focus on vilifying the NEXT HC who, no matter how promising a future career or past accomplishments he may have had in the past, is scheduled up for failure with this DYSFUNCTIONAL ORGANIZATION.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:29 pm

I doubt he is a "racist" but wouldn't doubt that he has some biases....we all do. But, being in the NFL would be a tough career choice if you don't like black people. LOL Plus, he traded for 2 black quarterbacks which kind of cuts against that theory. Why would you trade a 2nd round pick for McNabb & several picks for Griffin if you have a bias against black people?
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:38 pm

The Hogster wrote:I doubt he is a "racist" but wouldn't doubt that he has some biases....we all do. But, being in the NFL would be a tough career choice if you don't like black people. LOL Plus, he traded for 2 black quarterbacks which kind of cuts against that theory. Why would you trade a 2nd round pick for McNabb & several picks for Griffin if you have a bias against black people?

Some might say it is all Dan Snyders fault. Not me but just saying.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:51 pm

riggofan wrote:Cooper is a 26 year old kid from Oklahoma.

... while Shanny grew up in Illinois in the 50s.

I doubt he's a racist but he probably doesn't treat everyone equally for various reasons. I know I don't though I try.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:11 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I know I don't though I try.

Not me.. I hate dallas fans. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
riggofan wrote:Cooper is a 26 year old kid from Oklahoma.

... while Shanny grew up in Illinois in the 50s.

I doubt he's a racist but he probably doesn't treat everyone equally for various reasons. I know I don't though I try.

Yeah I'm with you on that. I tried to explain this in another thread about the name change crap. Being racist and prejudice are two different things and yes I agree times are a definite
variable.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:47 pm

It's funny because I hate sharing this but I have to. My behind would get blistered if I said the N word around my father. Yet, I lived in a time where if I was on the other side of Arlington VA my life was in some sort of danger. We have had bricks thrown in our window just driving through the short cut. When I lived in Korea my brothers best friend was black. That changed everything because then I knew we were Americans. It didn't matter what the skin color was. As a teen I was on my own. I stayed with nice people that looked after me for a few months. Guess what? They were black and I was the minority in SE DC. See, I learned a long time before that that we are all in this together but this kind black family protected me from other blacks that would have done bodily harm if given the chance. I know because there was a big fight over me and it was the son of this kind woman that straighten out a much bigger man that wanted something from that I would die for to protect. Truth.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I know I don't though I try.

Not me.. I hate dallas fans. :lol:

Oh yeah. I treat my wife like sh!t too.

:mrgreen:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm sorry, but the phrase "uppity negroes" made me laugh out loud - send me to hell if necessary.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football