Shanahan a racist??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Re: Shanahan a racist??

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 pm

A white guy being a racist NFL coach would be the equivalent of a black guy being a racist hockey player. Probably not a good idea.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm

The Hogster wrote:A white guy being a racist NFL coach would be the equivalent of a black guy being a racist hockey player. Probably not a good idea.

Homophobic WNBA coach?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:08 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm sorry, but the phrase "uppity negroes" made me laugh out loud - send me to hell if necessary.
Careful... there's a rumor that Darthmonk has access to the "go to hell" button, and we all know how twitchy he is... ... I mean, it was probably started by Jock... but why take the chance?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Isn't it amazing that any black person can play the race card and isn't considered a racist but the person they accuse is automatically considered to be one. IMO, no one should be up in arms because of an accusation made by a sports person who needs to be in the limelight to keep his job. How much creditability can he have dressed like a plum?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Countertrey wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:I'm sorry, but the phrase "uppity negroes" made me laugh out loud - send me to hell if necessary.
Careful... there's a rumor that Darthmonk has access to the "go to hell" button, and we all know how twitchy he is... ... I mean, it was probably started by Jock... but why take the chance?
I resemble that remark ...
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:46 pm

aswas71788 wrote:Isn't it amazing that any black person can play the race card and isn't considered a racist but the person they accuse is automatically considered to be one. IMO, no one should be up in arms because of an accusation made by a sports person who needs to be in the limelight to keep his job. How much creditability can he have dressed like a plum?

This ain't the forum to get into this, but the entire concept of playing the race card (I.e. 'Isn't it amazing that any black person can play the race card and isn't considered a racist but the person they accuse is automatically considered to be one') as some sort of tool by any black person to "get" some poor defenseless other person is intellectually dishonest and borderline subconscious racism at best.
And no one is automatically considered racist just because someone else says they are. Need an example? Read this thread.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Neo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:46 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Why so quick to reject it?
If we didn't see Cooper on video saying he wanted to fight the niggers at the country music concert would we have said "naaaaw, he didn't say that, that would be idiotic"?
Obviously not saying Shan is or isn't, and not saying that Sharpe isn't just bitter, but why so quick to reject what a former player said?

The way that I see it brother, who cares if someone wants to be an ignorant racist?

I can't stand ignorant people. That's race neutral; I don't care what color their skin is, its a matter of the person's heart. If someone, however, is stupid enough to just hate everyone under a general blanket, then that person just wants to live in their own world and ignore taking a closer look at things.

If Shanny is racist, he wants to live in his own mental reality. He's not our problem anymore, so I say let him have it.

Thank God this crap wasn't in the news while he was still here...his firing would have turned into another online race war story. I've had quite enough of that crap with a certain trial earlier this year.

I'm not biting the race bait. Neither should any of us.

HAIL!!
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 pm

The race card? When will enough blacks get feed up with the race card crap and the self pity and tell their fellow blacks that there is only a human race in this country and everyone is tired of this stuff.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:43 am

OldSchool wrote:The race card? When will enough blacks get feed up with the race card crap and the self pity and tell their fellow blacks that there is only a human race in this country and everyone is tired of this stuff.

Wow. What a load of wisdom. :roll:

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:21 am

:crickets chirping:
And I'm out of here! Wow..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:47 am

Who cares? He's gone....

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Yea Neo, you're right my friend.

But he is gone now (like many of you have said) so on to the next one.. but valid points made here, thanks for sharing fellaz
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:23 am

DarthMonk wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have been listening to 106.7 The Fan and heard them talking about media reports and Shannon Sharpe's comments about how Shanahan doesn't like what was termed "Uppity Negro's" What do you all think about this? Shannon said that is why he was traded away from Denver because Shanahan and him went at it and with how he handled Haynesworth, McNabb, Morgan, Davis and RGIII tends to lend some credibility to the story or accusation. I know Haynesworth was a bust, but I wonder what would have been his tenure here had he stayed in a 4-3 defense. I wonder what he and Greg Williams would have been able to do had they both not left and had the switch to a 3-4 never happened. Do you all think there is some truth to this, or is it just some random garbage????

I could easily see him being intellectually neutral but emotionally prejudiced due to factors like childhood environment, upbringing, etc. Some things that get ingrained early are very hard to shake later.

My 2 cents

No argument from me Shannon Sharpe is annoying.
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm

riggofan wrote:
OldSchool wrote:The race card? When will enough blacks get feed up with the race card crap and the self pity and tell their fellow blacks that there is only a human race in this country and everyone is tired of this stuff.

Wow. What a load of wisdom. :roll:

It may not be much for wisdom but it does explain a lot. :lol:

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:26 pm

fredp45 wrote:Who cares? He's gone....

The best answer on the board.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football