D Hall Wants to Play Safety

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Re: D Hall Wants to Play Safety

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:15 pm

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I apologize to the board. That display at the end of the game was pathetic... I imagine Erin learned a painful lesson. Don't Interview Dick Sherman on the sidelines after a game. Look up "classless"... I'm pretty sure that video will be there.

Yeah that was over the top. I love the passion during the game, I personally don't even mind running your mouth trying to get in a guy's head. But that post game interview just shows what kind of person he is. I have to retract my comments that I "would probably like him if he was playing on my team". Not sure that is true.

If there is poetic justice in the world, Sherman will get a bad case of the crabs. :evil:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 pm

It was a purer brand of the sport then. Now, it's entertainment based. Players then had other jobs in the offseason. Now, we have players who view themselves as a corporate entity rather than a football player. They are equal parts persona & player. Some choose to brand themselves with class, others brand themselves an @SS. I prefer class, but the @SSES add to the entertainment. My Dad loves Westerns, the Westerns wouldn't be interesting without a Bad Guy. Some guys embrace that role and give us another dimension to watch.

Honestly, nobody on the east coast cares about the Seahawks day to day, but plenty of people will tune in to see if Peyton Manning can shut Sherman's mouth. Just gives us another reason to watch with some interest.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:30 pm

I have been away for a week - WOW

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I roll my eyes when people hate trash talk but want a coach that's intense. People hated JC because he was too laid back... They want it both ways. Take that ultra conservative, super PC BS back where it came from.

why does it have to be that if you "hate trash talk you also want a coach that's intense"? I don't hate trash talk - there's a place for it but there's a difference to me in trash talking and acting in an unsportsmanlike manner

I like coaches that are not intense as well as I like coaches who are intense

I'm all for the guys like Monk and Tillman as well as the guys that play with flair and obvious passion but don't have to act stupid to play the game

riggofan wrote:Totally agree, man. I like trash talk. I also like it when teams visibly hate each other, none of that hugging it out after the whistle blows.

I always suspect people who get so mad about trash talk a) are very old, b) are women c) never played a competitive sport beyond the rec level or d) were never very good individually at a sport. hah. Feel free to disagree, that's just my always been my personal theory...

I do feel free to disagree - you sir, are out of touch ...

I'm old and I don't 'hate' trash talk - I think that some of it is over the top and an attempt to belittle other players - I don't think it makes a difference how old you are or whether you're male or female - you should be able to enjoy the NFL game without having to be subjected to watching some of these players act so stupidly even when they know better - Richard Sherman graduated in 3 years out of Stanford - he knows better - that was a stupid thing he did and I hope the NFL fines him for it

btw - thanks for the 'personal theory' - good luck with that ...
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Hey riggofan - I grew up playing competitive cricket, golf, rugby, swimming, surfing, sailing and tennis - good winners are generally good losers

Richard Sherman gave a great example of how to act badly after a great win and after making a great play

that is not the way that I think a good sportsman should behave ... but then again, I'm old :twisted:

one of the great things about rugby was having a drink after the game - not just with your own team, with the other team and especially the guy that played opposite you
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:41 pm

SkinsJock wrote: Richard Sherman graduated in 3 years out of Stanford - he knows better - that was a stupid thing he did and I hope the NFL fines him for it ...
That's what drives me nuts... this is a super intelligent, VERY articulate young man, who has a tremendous public presence and a fabulous sense of humor.

He knows better... The game was done. He had spoken LOUDLY with an incredible play to seal the deal... Wasted a huge opportunity. Intensity does not provide an excuse... there are plenty of intense players who know when it's time to act like an adult. Save it for Denver.

I LOVE trash talk, btw... I detest gratuitous coprolalia.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:32 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Hey riggofan - I grew up playing competitive cricket, golf, rugby, swimming, surfing, sailing and tennis - good winners are generally good losers

Richard Sherman gave a great example of how to act badly after a great win and after making a great play

that is not the way that I think a good sportsman should behave ... but then again, I'm old :twisted:

one of the great things about rugby was having a drink after the game - not just with your own team, with the other team and especially the guy that played opposite you

+1 That shows sportsmanship. I'm sure there were days when you wanted to punch your opponent in the chops and maybe you did, but as a generalization, you sir hit the nail on the head.

Hog

Postby Neo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:38 pm

The Hogster wrote:It was a purer brand of the sport then. Now, it's entertainment based. Players then had other jobs in the offseason. Now, we have players who view themselves as a corporate entity rather than a football player. They are equal parts persona & player. Some choose to brand themselves with class, others brand themselves an @SS. I prefer class, but the @SSES add to the entertainment. My Dad loves Westerns, the Westerns wouldn't be interesting without a Bad Guy. Some guys embrace that role and give us another dimension to watch.

Honestly, nobody on the east coast cares about the Seahawks day to day, but plenty of people will tune in to see if Peyton Manning can shut Sherman's mouth. Just gives us another reason to watch with some interest.

That's what I'm most looking forward to. The trash talking of the Seagal fans will be unbearable if they win.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Sherman claims to be the best corner in the game today and some would agree with him. However, while he is extremely good at the position, his mouth would cause me to NOT want him on my team. There was nothing "fun" in his trash talking. No wit, no humor. When Deion would talk trash, it was often funny as well as putting down his opponent. Sherman? He seemed to be a danger to others. No thanks.

Regardless, I'd take Patrick Peterson over Sherman any day. Hell, I'd take Darrell Revis over him as well.

Sherman can run his mouth about a very good play (in which his teammate following actually made the most critical part of the play in the interception). If that linebacker isn't trailing the play to make the INT, the Niner's get another play. Still, a good play by Sherman but his actions alone were not the game ender. Give him credit, but he should also be made to answer for the flag he took against the same Michael Crabtree earlier in the game. If he's that much better than Crabtree then he doesn't need to commit PI or Defensive Holding.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:17 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Sherman claims to be the best corner in the game today and some would agree with him. However, while he is extremely good at the position, his mouth would cause me to NOT want him on my team. There was nothing "fun" in his trash talking. No wit, no humor. When Deion would talk trash, it was often funny as well as putting down his opponent. Sherman? He seemed to be a danger to others. No thanks.

Regardless, I'd take Patrick Peterson over Sherman any day. Hell, I'd take Darrell Revis over him as well.

Sherman can run his mouth about a very good play (in which his teammate following actually made the most critical part of the play in the interception). If that linebacker isn't trailing the play to make the INT, the Niner's get another play. Still, a good play by Sherman but his actions alone were not the game ender. Give him credit, but he should also be made to answer for the flag he took against the same Michael Crabtree earlier in the game. If he's that much better than Crabtree then he doesn't need to commit PI or Defensive Holding.

Well stats say he IS the best corner in the league.. he was flying high on adrenaline so I give him a pass myself. Not to mention we have no idea what trash crab was talkin. Sherman indicated it was a few weeks ago so Idk, I don't follow either close enough to care honestly.

D hall talkin crap about "leave the game early" dez would've made me laugh... This matchup is essentially the same bad blood "sworn enemy" as sherm vs crab. He's said the right things since IMO to clear it up...
Kaps superman antic vs NC, not a big deal in itself, followed by tweets talking more trash bugged me more. Kap hasn't even began to get close to Cams level and the numbers don't lie. However, this is not even brought up- Maybe cuz he's watching the SB from home. It's easy to over react to Sherminator cus he's on top... Everyone wants to hate on the best, its a sign you are doing something right in this day and age I.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -contract/
The Washington Redskins have begun negotiations on a new multiyear contract for cornerback DeAngelo Hall, a person with knowledge of the situation said.

Hall, 30, will be a free agent after playing on a one-year contract this past season.

Hall had played for the Redskins five seasons prior to the 2013 campaign, but the team released him last spring to save money against the salary cap because he was due to earn $8 million that upcoming season.

Hall later re-signed on a one-year deal worth $1.25 million and led Washington with four interceptions and three defensive touchdowns last season.

I don't think they're trying to bring him back on a multiyear deal to play safety!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:14 am

riggofan wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/02/02/deangelo-hall-redskins-have-started-talks-on-new-multiyear-contract/
The Washington Redskins have begun negotiations on a new multiyear contract for cornerback DeAngelo Hall, a person with knowledge of the situation said.

Hall, 30, will be a free agent after playing on a one-year contract this past season.

Hall had played for the Redskins five seasons prior to the 2013 campaign, but the team released him last spring to save money against the salary cap because he was due to earn $8 million that upcoming season.

Hall later re-signed on a one-year deal worth $1.25 million and led Washington with four interceptions and three defensive touchdowns last season.

I don't think they're trying to bring him back on a multiyear deal to play safety!

This is excellent to hear. My top three (nothing shocking here) wants for free agency are the resigning of Hall, Riley and Orakpo.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Hey riggofan - I grew up playing competitive cricket, golf, rugby, swimming, surfing, sailing and tennis - good winners are generally good losers

+1 That shows sportsmanship. I'm sure there were days when you wanted to punch your opponent in the chops and maybe you did, but as a generalization, you sir hit the nail on the head.

I don't disagree, but talking trash during the game doesn't make you a "bad sport". Guys can talk all game long, and still be gracious when the final whistle blows.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 pm

No "trash talking" doesn't necessarily make you a bad sport. It doesn't make you a good sport either though. In the heat of the moment I get it. We all get mad. There are many examples of
athletes that don't have anger management problems. I'm referring to Richard Sherman a Stanford grad. Supposedly he is upset now because people see him as a thug. I wonder where they got that idea?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:No "trash talking" doesn't necessarily make you a bad sport. It doesn't make you a good sport either though. In the heat of the moment I get it. We all get mad. There are many examples of
athletes that don't have anger management problems. I'm referring to Richard Sherman a Stanford grad. Supposedly he is upset now because people see him as a thug. I wonder where they got that idea?

I don't know. Nothing he has ever done would cause me, or should cause anyone, to label him a thug. Bad mouthing an opponent doesn't qualify. Aaron Hernandez is a thug
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:No "trash talking" doesn't necessarily make you a bad sport. It doesn't make you a good sport either though. In the heat of the moment I get it. We all get mad. There are many examples of

I don't know. Nothing he has ever done would cause me, or should cause anyone, to label him a thug. Bad mouthing an opponent doesn't qualify. Aaron Hernandez is a thug

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football