Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby Neo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 pm

OldSchool wrote:
Do you believe Cooley knows what what he is talking about? Read what Cooley says here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... han-rgiii/

He talks about some of Griffin's problems in that article and he mentioned the 4 time the defense used a zone blitz to free up a man to sack Griffin. Each time Griffin didn't shift the protection so one of the Redskin linemen was lift with no one to block resulting in a free man sacking Griffin. Later they tried that when Cousins was in and he made the read and shifted the protection.

I have read other breakdowns by Chris C. that he flatly states that Griffin doesn't know how to make pre snap reads so is unable to anticipate which receiver will get open against the coverage.

Put down the Griffin koolaid and absorb this information and then decide if Griffin has put in the work to learn how to read defenses.

FFS enough with the whining; some people have way too much estrogen in their system. Squats, deadlifts, pullovers, and a gallon of milk a day. Old school beginner workout routine...should do wonders.

I know you're supposed to address the post, not the post-er, but damn man, get a hold of yourself!
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Postby Sk1nsfan7 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Sounds like trolls to me. I bet all these negative Nancy's were on the rg3 bandwagon when he was running 80 yards for the game winner against the Vikings. Or game one against the saints or hell for the division game against the cowgirls. Skins fans make me sick sometimes. He was the 2ncd overall pick for a reason.

Postby Sk1nsfan7 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:38 pm

And another thing. All these people that post on this website that say if the skins don't turn it around I'm not watching blah blah, LEAVE!!!!! Win lose or draw majority of us bleed burgundy and gold! Bandwagon.net!!! Root for the colorful Seahawks or something!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:42 pm

why do we feed the trolls - let them have their own thread ...

there is nothing here ...
Hail to the Redskins

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Sk1nsfan7 wrote:Sounds like trolls to me. I bet all these negative Nancy's were on the rg3 bandwagon when he was running 80 yards for the game winner against the Vikings. Or game one against the saints or hell for the division game against the cowgirls. Skins fans make me sick sometimes. He was the 2ncd overall pick for a reason.
... We just don't know... none of them showed up until things started going badly... hmmmm... :-k
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:57 pm

I have a question. How did the "Cousins is just better" thing go? Your talking get off the RG3 koolaid. You are a huge hypocrite OldSchool! You were on Cousins after like 1 game. I agree with deadskins and others in this post.

Griffen has better skill sets than Cousins. He was clearly uncomfortable this season not having confidence and timing etc. Having real practices and prep in the pre-season will be huge for him this off-season etc. Get a 2nd round pick for Cousins and stop the drama.

Griffen showed he has the skills to succeed in this league. When he is healthy, confident and in a good rhythm he can go 20-5 (TD and Int). I would love for him to work on his passing skills this off-season and be like Russel Wilson. I watched his game today and he is a good decisions maker passes more often and only uses his legs when he has too.

Griffen is our franchise quarterback, he has been it, nothing is changing it. He will have a good season next year. One thing I am worried about is watching the CsnWashington video about Gruden. Him being a pass happy coach. This could make the passing coverages more difficult for Griffen and hurt his strength on play-action or pistol offense without fooling the defense. I'm sure that the Redskins will run a good amount with Morris as the RB just depends on the OC.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:05 am

Countertrey wrote:
Sk1nsfan7 wrote:Sounds like trolls to me. I bet all these negative Nancy's were on the rg3 bandwagon when he was running 80 yards for the game winner against the Vikings. Or game one against the saints or hell for the division game against the cowgirls. Skins fans make me sick sometimes. He was the 2ncd overall pick for a reason.
... We just don't know... none of them showed up until things started going badly... hmmmm... :-k

Hot Chicks thread...
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Postby Sk1nsfan7 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:29 am

I knew the real fans were still out there! Need a opinion from you guys. My mother-in-law bought me a Jordan Reed jersey for Xmas....should I return it for $100 in nflshop credit or keep it?

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:57 am

hanburgerheel wrote:Griffin will dig his own grave fast enough if he's not NFL-worthy. I suspect he digs it fairly quick. If he manages to prove he is worthy, then great. After the last 3 games, Cousins is no threat to any NFL defenses either. Personally, I don't think Griffin is going to be the QB that makes this team succeed. He cost WAY more than he was worth, but he sold a lot of merchandise, so Dan is thrilled by that. Make no mistake, Snyder's main concern is turning a profit. Griffin has some potential, but my gut feeling says that in 5-7 years he will be a backup or be out of the league entirely due to injury. Cooley's comments were spot-on and the way he showed his weaknesses this past season made me abundantly aware he was a liability. I knew when they picked him, and gave up so much for him, that it was a long shot. To consistently succeed in the NFL you are much better off with a QB like Andrew Luck than Robert Griffin. Russell Wilson is more like Luck than he is Griffin. Of all the QB's available in the draft when they took RG3, they took the worst one. And they paid heavily and will continue to pay.

I agree with much of what you say especially the part of Snyder thinking in terms of profit and loss and not wins and losses like us fans and from that perspective Griffin has been a gold mine and the soaring success of his Griffin marketing campaign probably gave Snyder a great deal of psychic satisfaction as well financial success so I agree with you although I think you are hasty in your dismissal of Cousins. He threw about a yard behind his receivers on each of the 3 picks he had in his 3 starts. That looks like a correctable problem to me. He has the mental aspect of the job down cold despite only 4 starts and he really has command of the field and a lot of presence in the pocket. I'd like to see the Skins give Cousins a chance to compete for the job but that isn't going to happen. It will be interesting to see how Cousins does when he leaves the Skins for a franchise that will give him a chance to win the starters job. I think he will do well and have a long run as a starter.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:20 am

No, not me I thought it was crazy to spend 3 first and 1 second round picks for a college quarterback especially for one who ran an option attack and didn't have a clue how to read defenses. I said as my friends got all excited about Griffin. He was fun to watch in 2012 but if you've watched the came for over 50 years you knew the honeymoon would end with surgery. Fast on his feet with a cannon for an arm? So what, Vick, Vince Young, Vince Evans, Randall Cunningham and bunch of guys whose names I've forgotten hand those things too and created a stir before with backyard style flopping or never amounting to much in the NFL. Scrambling was a big part of Fran Tarkenton and Steve Young's game and they went to Super Bowl but I think they used their mobility with a great deal of discretion like Russell Wilson. Griffin ought to spend the winter getting tutored on how to read defenses and watching Russell Wilson games.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:30 am

OldSchool wrote:
Deadskins wrote:What a load of crap! Gruden obviously knows what he's getting, and as with most people, can plainly see that RGIII is the superior QB. You keep repeating this bs that RGIII hasn't done the necessary studying that comes with being an NFL QB. Can you show even one iota of evidence to support your claim?

Do you believe Cooley knows what what he is talking about? Read what Cooley says here:

He talks about some of Griffin's problems in that article and he mentioned the 4 time the defense used a zone blitz to free up a man to sack Griffin. Each time Griffin didn't shift the protection so one of the Redskin linemen was lift with no one to block resulting in a free man sacking Griffin. Later they tried that when Cousins was in and he made the read and shifted the protection.

I have read other breakdowns by Chris C. that he flatly states that Griffin doesn't know how to make pre snap reads so is unable to anticipate which receiver will get open against the coverage.

Put down the Griffin koolaid and absorb this information and then decide if Griffin has put in the work to learn how to read defenses.

Yeah, I read the article, and nowhere does Cooley say that Cousins is setting pre-snap protections and RGIII isn't. He says that when Cousins was in the Skins picked up the one zone blitz the Chiefs ran. He said that responsibility might reside with Will Montgomery, he doesn't know. And, even if it was RGIII's responsibility, it still wouldn't show that he's not putting in the time to learn that skill. So please put down the RGIII haterade and look at the situation objectively.
Last edited by Deadskins on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:41 am

hanburgerheel wrote:Of all the QB's available in the draft when they took RG3, they took the worst one.

:shock:
Wow! You don't really believe that, do you?

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 am

Deadskins wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
Deadskins wrote:What a load of crap! Gruden obviously knows what he's getting, and as with most people, can plainly see that RGIII is the superior QB. You keep repeating this bs that RGIII hasn't done the necessary studying that comes with being an NFL QB. Can you show even one iota of evidence to support your claim?

Yeah, I read the article, and nowhere does Cooley say that Cousins is setting pre-snap protections and RGIII isn't. He says that when Cousins was in the Skins picked up the one zone blitz the Chiefs ran. He said that responsibility might reside with Will Montgomery, he doesn't know. And, even if it was RGIII's responsibility, it still wouldn't show that he's not putting in the time to learn that skill. So please put down the RGIII haterade and look at the situation objectively.

Correct. I heard this transcript when CC said it live on my drive home from work. The main thrust was Griff had developed bad habits and we did him no favor by helping him rush back. It was actually positive in terms of Griffin at one time being able to go through his reads and being super accurate but that no longer being the case and ending with let's get him right again the way Cam Newton got right again.

By the way, I've seen both guys look off a safety then hit a guy that therefore got open. I've also seen both guys identify the Mike and change blocking. I've also seen both guys lock in on a receiver and get picked. And I've seen both guys throw behind a guy a fraction of a second before getting creamed in "the pocket."
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Sk1nsfan7 wrote:I knew the real fans were still out there! Need a opinion from you guys. My mother-in-law bought me a Jordan Reed jersey for Xmas....should I return it for $100 in nflshop credit or keep it?

Keep it

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 pm

EA7649 wrote:
Sk1nsfan7 wrote:I knew the real fans were still out there! Need a opinion from you guys. My mother-in-law bought me a Jordan Reed jersey for Xmas....should I return it for $100 in nflshop credit or keep it?

Keep it

I don't know. Reed may not play again. He's had a lot of concussions.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football