Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Re: Still Griffin Centric Team Going Forward..

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:53 pm

emoses14 wrote:I know you're doing QBs, but Desmond Howard was a bust. I don't care if he won a superbowl MVP as a kick returner.

He was at least a bust as a WR. But it's not like he won ROY or anything. Not sure why you're bringing him up.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:45 am

Deadskins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I know you're doing QBs, but Desmond Howard was a bust. I don't care if he won a superbowl MVP as a kick returner.

He was at least a bust as a WR. But it's not like he won ROY or anything. Not sure why you're bringing him up.

meh. He was a super bowl mvp AND he played 11 years in the NFL.

I agree he was a bust for the Redskins though. A #4 pick that didn't do much for us.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Oh, it is completely off topic. But I like to take every opportunity to point out that Desmond Howard was a bust. I'm not sure there's a failed ex-Redskin who infuriates me more than Desmond Howard. What a waste of a draft pick.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:44 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Hey Oldschool. I got a name you might like.

The Washington Griffins

:mrgreen:

Great idea! A Griffin is a mythical creature. It has the head, front legs and wings of an eagle and the back of its body is that of a lion. It's the perfect name for this reality program/soap opera about a 23 diva QB who can't read defenses and 48 year old nerd turned rich guy who finally gets to hangout with the varsity.

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
OldSchool wrote:I think the critical ability that NFL QB needs is all mental.

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote:They need the knowledge and ability to accurately read the defense

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote:, adjust the protections,

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: move effectively within the pocket,

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: quickly go through progressions,

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: make good decisions,

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: be able to throw accurately,

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: shake off mistakes

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: and provide leadership.

Agreed.

OldSchool wrote: Those are the must have abilities that are essential to even modest NFL success. Having an 80 yard arm and wide receiver speed are nice to haves but not the essential things.

Agreed.

I don't know what the future holds but I saw Griff do all these things in his rookie year.

The staff abused him.

The next one won't ... I hope.

I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but in 2012 Griffin didn't do any of the mental stuff, he ran around so long somebody finally got open or he ran downfield. He got by playing backyard style until he got hurt. In 2013 his lack of QB skills were exposed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 pm

OldSchool wrote:I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but in 2012 Griffin didn't do any of the mental stuff, he ran around so long somebody finally got open or he ran downfield. He got by playing backyard style until he got hurt. In 2013 his lack of QB skills were exposed.

It's too bad you're such a hater, you obviously missed a bunch of great games. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:
OldSchool wrote:I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but in 2012 Griffin didn't do any of the mental stuff, he ran around so long somebody finally got open or he ran downfield. He got by playing backyard style until he got hurt. In 2013 his lack of QB skills were exposed.

It's too bad you're such a hater, you obviously missed a bunch of great games. :roll:

That would make CC a hater because these are shortcomings he has pointed out also.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:08 pm

OldSchool wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

That would make CC a hater because these are shortcomings he has pointed out also.

Um, no, he didn't.

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:10 pm

OldSchool wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

No point in being fair, here, huh?...
Coo ley understands that the loss of virtually the entire preseason was significant in this. You, on the other hand, have decided that he is making no effort.

I will point out that a major reason he was taking many hits was that he was putting forth the effort to work a progression... because he wants to get it... and he is actually committed to it.
He will be VERY good. Soon.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:48 pm

OldSchool wrote:I hate to be the one to bust your bubble

I don't believe this part of your post is truthful. It's also inaccurate since I have no bubble to burst whence you can't burst it.

OldSchool wrote:but in 2012 Griffin didn't do any of the mental stuff,

Wrong. Here's one example of many:

The first was on a deep in-route from the left, after Griffin didn’t like his other options. His other three options.

Yes, three.

“I felt good about (that one),” Griffin told reporters afterward. “I was able to get to my last read on that play … I exhausted three progressions and made it to my fourth one. So that felt good. Coach was happy. He told me, ‘Good job,’ after that play.

“Especially in the NFL, from what I’ve heard, you don’t get very many opportunities to get to your last read.”

No kidding.

OldSchool wrote:he ran around so long somebody finally got open or he ran downfield.

There were clearly times when he did this but it seems that's all you remember about him.

OldSchool wrote:He got by playing backyard style until he got hurt.

That was after plays broke down completely.

OldSchool wrote:In 2013 his lack of QB skills were exposed.

He regressed and that regression was exposed. He either should have never played this year or not played until after the bye bare minimum.

Your posts are hyperbolic and unbalanced. Your posts cite facts which support your view while ignoring most, if not all other facts. The truth lies between the extreme view presented in your posts and the extreme view of those who say Griff can do no wrong.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

piglet

Postby RedskinJimmy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:
EA7649 wrote:
Sk1nsfan7 wrote:I knew the real fans were still out there! Need a opinion from you guys. My mother-in-law bought me a Jordan Reed jersey for Xmas....should I return it for $100 in nflshop credit or keep it?

Keep it

I don't know. Reed may not play again. He's had a lot of concussions.
Yeah, you may just keep it , and for jordan reed jersey , you may just get more from chinese gear in decent price .

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football