Darrel Green has offered to help!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Re: Darrel Green has offered to help!

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:It won't happen and quite frankly it shouldn't, unless they hire him to be a FT DB coach. I'm not opposed to him coaching, or even coming in to talk. But I don't like the idea of him potentially undermining the teaching of the coach at that position. In addition, being a great player does NOT make you a great coach. So there's no way of knowing how effective he'd be unless he was in here full-time and 110% devoted to helping.

I agree. And, although he was one of my favorite players, I was always a little put off by his reaction to Marty trying to coach him up. Like he was too good to learn anything. I'm not sure how good of a coach he'd be. Still, I'm sure he does have a lot he could pass on to younger players.

I share these sentiments.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:34 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Speed and quickness is a skill which refined and polished. No one is born with 4.2 forty speed.

I have to disagree, you are born with the ability to reach 4.2 speed. No amount of refinement or polishing will allow Hall, Wilson or Amerson to run a 4.2... Green was born with the ability to hit that mark and through his work ethic, he achieved it.

In addition, the fact that he's running similar speeds at 40+ goes to show that his ability is unique and innate to him.

When you are born you are a lil baby drinking milk from a bottle.

If you go to the local hospital and look at all the newborns. Will you be able to pick out the kids who are going to be fast?
Can you predict that newborns habits and activities when he is growing up?

Newborns are on average about the same weight. The healthy ones at least. From there it begins. Its in the parents hands obviously right from the go.

Will the parents overfeed the kid and have him be overweight? Will that parent underfeed the kid? Will the kid be breasfed which is said to be healthier for the kid.

When this kid grows up will he play outside? Or will he play video games like kids these days?

Look at Communist Nations. They pick children and raise them to be Olympians. Many times medal winning Olympians.

If you were to go to the local hospital and those parents gave their newborns to a track coach to raise them to be sprinters. All of those kids would be signifigantly faster then the average human. Some of them would acheive world class speed. Maybe even most.

Are you channeling your inner Lysenko?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 am

Hardy, har har

First off I was 5 years old in 85, All I can remember is Ronald Reagan, the Shuttle that exploded,Madonna singing like a virgin, breakdancing, Transformers, GI Joe, the pledge of allegiance, singing we are the world in an assembly. So really I have no idea what Lysenko is?
I was only using the communist reference as an example of how you can attain considerable amount of talent if you start from a young age.

Anyhow back to the subject.
Darrell Green is still fast because he still trains to this day. He has a speed camp for goodness sake.

No excuses for our players. Our DBs made it to the NFL already. So its not like they have some kind of genetic defect. They just need to put in the hard work. Not all of them but the ones who are stinking up the joint. Hall and Amerson I really liked. I think they will be fine. The rest of them could use some coaching. I am sure the players who underperform are the same ones who are not out doing the hard work.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:05 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Hardy, har har

First off I was 5 years old in 85, All I can remember is Ronald Reagan, the Shuttle that exploded,Madonna singing like a virgin, breakdancing, Transformers, GI Joe, the pledge of allegiance, singing we are the world in an assembly. So really I have no idea what Lysenko is?
I was only using the communist reference as an example of how you can attain considerable amount of talent if you start from a young age.

Anyhow back to the subject.
Darrell Green is still fast because he still trains to this day. He has a speed camp for goodness sake.

No excuses for our players. Our DBs made it to the NFL already. So its not like they have some kind of genetic defect. They just need to put in the hard work. Not all of them but the ones who are stinking up the joint. Hall and Amerson I really liked. I think they will be fine. The rest of them could use some coaching. I am sure the players who underperform are the same ones who are not out doing the hard work.

As old as I am, he wasstill before my time. He was a Russian "botanist" who somehow got put in charge of Soviet agriculture. His "theory" was that genetics meant nothing, everything was determined by environment. He spent years & treasure on such projects as growing palm trees in Siberia with predictable results, setting Soviet agriculture back for decades.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football