Rumor: Redskins Hire Jets Special Teams Coordinator

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Rumor: Redskins Hire Jets Special Teams Coordinator

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 pm

sorry HarleyHog - you're not looking at the big picture

it's true that there are many things that contribute to the failure that is the Washington Redskins
one thing is for sure, the Redskins will not succeed on the field while Dan Snyder keeps interfering with 'what happens on the field' - that's just a fact

we have seen him withdraw some recently but he needs to get out of the way completely - we all know he's still interfering
I'm not talking about having 'a dinner' with RG3 - I'm referring to his interfering & meddling with the coaches and players in general

Mike Shanahan did not do well as a HC but Dan Snyder did not help matters either
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:42 pm

SkinsJock wrote:we have seen him withdraw some recently but he needs to get out of the way completely - we all know he's still interfering

meh. And not to be argumentative, but I don't know that. What proof, even anecdotally, do we have that Snyder has been meddling with coaches and players the past few years? Especially if you're not talking about dinner with RGIII? I heard zippy about him for the past four years until about four weeks ago.

I know its been reported that Shanahan didn't like any of the "star treatment" stuff Snyder did for his franchise QB. Personally I don't find that stuff all that surprising or even that unusual. I don't think you have to look that hard to find examples of Jim Irsay treating Andrew Luck differently than the third string running back.

I'm not remotely a Dan Snyder fan, but he got scapegoated big time last month. It seems to me like fans just slipped a little too easily back into "blame Dan Snyder" mode.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:49 pm

The only 'proof' we have is that we continue to have a problem putting a consistently competitive product on the field ..

Snyder is responsible for that ...

the dinner thing is way over-blown unless RG3 intimated to the other players that he and Snyder had a 'friendship'

or

Mike felt the 'contact' was inappropriate - we don't know anything for sure about that in particular .. but ...

we do know what our record on the field is while Snyder is the owner

the only way that we improve is for Snyder to not interfere or meddle - it's not all bad coaching

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:53 pm

I think that most of the 'reports' the last 6 weeks, about our team, about Mike and about Dan Snyder were way over the top and mostly BS

I just think that in order for this team to have a consistently competitive product on the field, Dan Snyder has to change his ways :D

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:58 pm

SkinsJock wrote:The only 'proof' we have is that we continue to have a problem putting a consistently competitive product on the field ..

That's not proof that he has been interfering or meddling with coaches or players. That's just proof that Dan Snyder has not been a very successful owner. :)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think that most of the 'reports' the last 6 weeks, about our team, about Mike and about Dan Snyder were way over the top and mostly BS

I just think that in order for this team to have a consistently competitive product on the field, Dan Snyder has to change his ways :D

I know what you're saying, and yeah I agree Snyder to stay back and let the football guys do their jobs.

My point is really just that I don't know that Snyder hasn't largely changed his ways already. Firing Cerrato, stepping back and putting Shanahan/Allen in charge was a move that was largely applauded by pretty much everyone. I definitely gave him credit for it at the time, and my perception the past four years has been that, good or bad, this has been Shanahan's show.

Then Shanahan falls apart and suddenly its all about Snyder again? Just not buying it. There are a lot of legitimate reasons why Mike wasn't successful the past four years. I blame Mara for the past year a lot more than I blame Snyder.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:22 pm

I did not say "it's all about Snyder" - there's a lot of reasons but he's one of them

I really hope like you said that he has learned and I agree, it seems like he's not interfering or meddling - I also agree that Mike did not help at all

I am not anti Dan Snyder I just want to see this franchise improve under his ownership - I want to see the results of all his "support"

we have another HC and he's getting all he needs to have a consistently competitive product on the field

we shall see what happens - I am not letting this little twit off easy - he's still lurking, and he's a menace

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:41 am

SkinsJock wrote:I did not say "it's all about Snyder" - there's a lot of reasons but he's one of them

I really hope like you said that he has learned

Me too! Didn't mean to say you specifically were claiming "its all about Snyder". Just during those Shanahan meltdown weeks, all of these anti-Snyder comments things started popping up all over the place. Snyder screws it up again. blah. Snyder bears the responsibility for hiring Shanahan, but I don't think that was an egregiously bad decision.

Interesting btw that everybody was opining the Redskins would be one of the least attractive jobs because of Snyder. That didn't turn out to be the case at all.

Jay Gruden:
On what drew him to the Redskins position

I know Bruce Allen, I know what he is about as a person, as a general manager. And what put me over the top was meeting Daniel Snyder and his commitment to this team and this city. Sometimes you read or hear negative things about ownership groups and all that stuff. But after meeting him and the comfort level I had with him, I’m just very excited to get started. And luckily they offered me the job, and I couldn’t sign quick enough. It was not a tough decision for me at any stretch.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football