Alfred Morris Next Year

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Alfred Morris Next Year

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Alfred Morris - RB - Redskins

Redskins OC Sean McVay expects the team's running game to be remain "very similar" under new coach Jay Gruden.

The Redskins are expected to keep their zone-blocking scheme and incorporate the same concepts they ran with Mike Shanahan, relying on a power running game from Alfred Morris and read-option plays with Robert Griffin III. Morris rushed for 2,888 yards in his first two seasons under Shanahan and will continue to be a big part of the offense, with Roy Helu likely remaining in a third down role. "I don’t think it will change a lot," McVay said. "The foundation and base principles will remain the same. He'll be the same guy."

Source: ESPN.com Jan 18 - 3:09 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

||||||

Re: Alfred Morris Next Year

Postby EA7649 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Sounds good to me. I especially like Helu to be a 3rd down running back because he is a different type of runner.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Honestly, as long as RGIII makes a full recovery (and I don't consider RGIII to have been "recovered" at any point last season), the offense really doesn't need to be changed significantly. And if you agree with that, you will also agree that MS didn't do that bad a job offensively in terms of player personnel prior to his firing.

Defense is another story. For me, Gruden is already on a short leash due to his keeping Haslett. Haslett is basically one of the worst DCs in the NFL.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 pm

The only thing that should change should be how often he gets the damn ball. I am sick of him going 10 rushes for 70 yards in the first half, then going 5 rushes for 12 yards in the second. Maybe if we learn how to get a lead, we can get back to winning games balanced.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:43 pm

markshark84 wrote:Defense is another story. For me, Gruden is already on a short leash due to his keeping Haslett. Haslett is basically one of the worst DCs in the NFL.

Your last statement has been debated to death on here, but I agree with you about the short leash. I think the team took a real gamble keeping Haslett around, no matter what the reasons have been for our poor defense the past few years. They're either going to look like geniuses at the end of the year, or its going to be a real blow to Gruden's credibility and Allen's, even more so.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football