Robert Griffin Next Year

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Robert Griffin Next Year

Postby OldSchool » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Of course Griffin is going to run, it is what Backyard Bob knows how to do.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:37 am

I think he will do much better this year! He will be more confident in the pocket and will have more reps this spring and summer.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:11 am

EA7649 wrote:I think he will do much better this year! He will be more confident in the pocket and will have more reps this spring and summer.

Looks like he'll have more weapons. I'm hoping he'll have an improved o-line to protect him better this year too.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:11 pm

"For some reason, [Former Redskins coaches Mike Shanahan and Kyle Shanahan] just dropped the ball on his footwork fundamentals,'' Shea said. "I'm convinced. You get so caught up on schemes and decisions and progressions and they forget that a quarterback needs just as much attention on his footwork and fundamentals as well.''
Per quarterback coach Terry Shea who is helping Robert with his footwork fundamentals. Could the Shanahans have been more concerned about him running the ball than they were about making sure his passing mechanics were correct? Shea pretty much threw both of the Shannys right under the proverbial school bus with the way he commented about how Robert's footwork should be further along then what it currently is today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-100-pe ... --nfl.html
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Cappster wrote:
"For some reason, [Former Redskins coaches Mike Shanahan and Kyle Shanahan] just dropped the ball on his footwork fundamentals,'' Shea said. "I'm convinced. You get so caught up on schemes and decisions and progressions and they forget that a quarterback needs just as much attention on his footwork and fundamentals as well.''
Per quarterback coach Terry Shea who is helping Robert with his footwork fundamentals. Could the Shanahans have been more concerned about him running the ball than they were about making sure his passing mechanics were correct? Shea pretty much threw both of the Shannys right under the proverbial school bus with the way he commented about how Robert's footwork should be further along then what it currently is today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-100-pe ... --nfl.html

This sounds self serving to me. RG3Firsts1Second's QB Guru is telling RG3Firsts1Second what RG3Firsts1Second wants to hear.

Postby yupchagee » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Hopefully we can get a few guys from within to step up and fill those roles next season, possibly Compton, LeRibus, and/or Gettis.

Wasted draft picks if we don't!
Frankly, if they were likely to step up, I think we would have seen something by now.

If the coaches thought they were ready to step up, we wouldn't have shelled out all that money for Lauvao & McGlynn.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:02 am

Excerpts:

And yet, what has struck Gruden the most thus far is ...

"How smart he is," Gruden said, in a private moment after Wednesday's OTA practice. "He picked up everything effortlessly. He works hard at it, he studies it, he understands the position, and he's willing to learn and willing to take coaching. A guy with as much success as he's had, as early as he is in this young stage of his life, some guys are like, 'Eh, I don't need your coaching, I don't need this, I wanna do it my way.' He's not that way at all. He wants to be coached, he wants to learn the game, he wants to study.

"He wants to be the greatest. And he knows he has a long way to go, which is refreshing from a guy that's had a Heisman Trophy and as much publicity as he's had. He knows he has work to do, and he's willing to put in the work. That's strikes me as ... I just wasn't expecting that."

"I think the total package you look for in a quarterback, if you're gonna create a player on Xbox, a quarterback, I think it'd look like (Griffin)," Gruden said. "I want a guy that can run 4.4, 4.3. I want a guy that can throw it this far, I want a guy that can scramble in the pocket. I want a guy that's smart enough to handle this, this and this. That's what you want. Now, it's time for him to go out there and do it."

Link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... lationship
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:47 am

I like this - Gruden said. "I want a guy that can run 4.4, 4.3. I want a guy that can throw it this far, I want a guy that can scramble in the pocket. I want a guy that's smart enough to handle this, this and this. That's what you want. Now, it's time for him to go out there and do it."

and that is the key - Robert needs to show he's the very special QB that most of us think he is - he has not done that in the NFL yet - the first year's performance was not indicative of what we will see under Gruden and the new OC

Robert needs to take it to another level and he can ...
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:42 am

SkinsJock wrote:I like this - Gruden said. "I want a guy that can run 4.4, 4.3. I want a guy that can throw it this far, I want a guy that can scramble in the pocket. I want a guy that's smart enough to handle this, this and this. That's what you want. Now, it's time for him to go out there and do it."

and that is the key - Robert needs to show he's the very special QB that most of us think he is - he has not done that in the NFL yet - the first year's performance was not indicative of what we will see under Gruden and the new OC

Nice. Read this quote from McVay today. They plan to let RGIII call some audibles this year:

“He’s done an excellent job translating his knowledge in the meeting room onto the field, recognizing some of those looks. Some of the audible situations we’ll give him the opportunity to call things at the line. He’s shown he’s fully capable of doing it and that’s what gives him a great chance to have success this year.”

Man, I can't wait to see him play this summer. PSYCHED.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I like this - Gruden said. "I want a guy that can run 4.4, 4.3. I want a guy that can throw it this far, I want a guy that can scramble in the pocket. I want a guy that's smart enough to handle this, this and this. That's what you want. Now, it's time for him to go out there and do it."

Nice. Read this quote from McVay today. They plan to let RGIII call some audibles this year:

“He’s done an excellent job translating his knowledge in the meeting room onto the field, recognizing some of those looks. Some of the audible situations we’ll give him the opportunity to call things at the line. He’s shown he’s fully capable of doing it and that’s what gives him a great chance to have success this year.”

Man, I can't wait to see him play this summer. PSYCHED.

I'm with you Riggo!! Do u have facebook? I follow RGiii... and the kid has been posting pure inspiration all summer. From non stop giving back to kids and charitable events to ridiculous field drills and beastmode workouts. I'll try to post his last two vids if I can figure it out..
Like SJ said.. he hasn't even shown the NFL his full potential.. he is a freak athlete and unlike Krappernick and Johnny football... he never quits putting in work- prolly dreams of plays and drills the kid is non stop!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 pm

“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Lmk if that works

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:20 pm

It didn't for me.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15 pm

https://www.facebook.com/RG3

That's his page. Last vid he posted is some beastmode squats but the one before that is a scramble hurdle accuracy drill (the one I tried to share)
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 pm

PulpExposure wrote:It didn't for me.

What happens? A prompt to login? Wrong page?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football