Jordan Reed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Re: Jordan Reed

Postby yupchagee » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:U missed the heavy sarcasm there yuchagee

I don't think so. I think he was saying that Reed was not a good example for the point he was trying to make.

exactly! Thanks.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Jordan Reed has reportedly jumped out at the Redskins' joint-team practices with the Patriots.

This news isn't coming from a Redskins writer, either. It's from the Boston Globe's Ben Volin, who now believes Reed "is in line for a big season" after repeatedly burning an improved New England back seven in the scrimmages.

Reed's concussion history is the lone real concern for his 2014 outlook. He is a plus athlete and the biggest member of an otherwise diminutive Skins pass-catching corps, which should lead to lots of red-zone opportunities for Reed.

Source: Boston Globe Aug 4 - 2:53 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Jordan Reed has reportedly jumped out at the Redskins' joint-team practices with the Patriots.

This news isn't coming from a Redskins writer, either. It's from the Boston Globe's Ben Volin, who now believes Reed "is in line for a big season" after repeatedly burning an improved New England back seven in the scrimmages.

Reed's concussion history is the lone real concern for his 2014 outlook. He is a plus athlete and the biggest member of an otherwise diminutive Skins pass-catching corps, which should lead to lots of red-zone opportunities for Reed.

Source: Boston Globe Aug 4 - 2:53 PM

From the Boston Globe...

Similarly, Washington’s Reed looks like a star. He was open all practice, and hauled in a really nice catch over the outstretched arms of Revis and Devin McCourty along the sideline. I think Reed is in line for a big season, especially with the Redskins having so many weapons at receiver (DeSean Jackson, Garcon, Andre Roberts).

I have to say that Jordon Reed is quickly becoming one of my favorites on the current roster. Saw some recent video of that 'basketball-like' crossover move he uses to get separation from defenders and it's pretty impressive. I too believe Reed is in line to really break out this coming season. Hope he does and can't wait to see it.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am

Gotta give Shanahan some credit on that one. A lot of people - myself included - were scratching their heads when he drafted a TE with that pick.

Hope he stays healthy this year. RGIII's security blanket!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:34 pm

riggofan wrote:Gotta give Shanahan some credit on that one. A lot of people - myself included - were scratching their heads when he drafted a TE with that pick.

Exactly why so many of us advocate the best player, not position. Think about how many guys who don't make it, we cut and end up with nothing.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote:Gotta give Shanahan some credit on that one. A lot of people - myself included - were scratching their heads when he drafted a TE with that pick.

Exactly why so many of us advocate the best player, not position. Think about how many guys who don't make it, we cut and end up with nothing.

BPA, baby!

\:D/
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:17 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No argument from me there. I'm definitely a BPA guy.

It will be nice if Trent Murphy surprises people the same way!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:42 pm

riggofan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No argument from me there. I'm definitely a BPA guy.

It will be nice if Trent Murphy surprises people the same way!

Yes, agreed. He's a Gibbs style character guy, we know that
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Jordan was running some extra 100 yard sprints after the afternoon practice on Friday. I called over to ask him if he'd sign an autograph for my son, who's a big fan of his. He said he'd be over after he was done with his sprints....and then he hit the building on his last one. Oh well, my son was disappointed but we'll have a chance to see him again. No hard feelings. We're hoping he has a big year and stays healthy. Hopefully he'll be able to get that autograph soon.

Both my son and daughter did get Trent Murphy's autograph. He's a big boy. Looks country strong. It will be interesting to see how he plays in the league.

It's nice living 15-20 minutes from training camp. :)

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 am

Jordan Reed?

#-o

That's all I can say.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football