Offensive line

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Offensive line

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:38 am

I heard some about LeRib on the radio yesterday that he's lost a bunch of weight getting ready for OTAs this year.

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN 20h

Josh LeRibeus tells me he just checked in at 317 pounds. That's good considering his weight struggles a year ago.

Ready to impress the new coach!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:34 am

riggofan wrote:I heard some about LeRib on the radio yesterday that he's lost a bunch of weight getting ready for OTAs this year.

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN 20h

Josh LeRibeus tells me he just checked in at 317 pounds. That's good considering his weight struggles a year ago.

Ready to impress the new coach!

New attitude... new potential?

This is good stuff, and suggests that maybe he's ready to apply himself. There's a terrific opportunity for him this year... and he has the talent... It would be outstanding if he comes in with a chip, and a little focus.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 am

Countertrey wrote:New attitude... new potential?

This is good stuff, and suggests that maybe he's ready to apply himself. There's a terrific opportunity for him this year... and he has the talent... It would be outstanding if he comes in with a chip, and a little focus.

Man, I hope so. Its a real opportunity for him to come in here with basically a clean slate and show Gruden what he can do. It always seemed with Shanahan like once you were in his doghouse, that was pretty much it.

The knock on LeRib with his weight though is that he's had this yo-yo history. Like you said, needs to apply himself to stay fit consistently.

He played pretty well at the end of 2012 right? Including that playoff game. I'm not sure any of the other drafted o-line guys can say that they've actually shown anything on the field.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:47 pm

According to ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim, RG Chris Chester is "not a lock" to keep his job.

The Redskins put Chester on notice when they drafted Spencer Long in the third round. They're going to give the rookie every opportunity to unseat Chester.

Washington can save $2.6 million against the cap by releasing Chester, who signed a five-year, $20 million deal ahead of the 2011 season.
Source: ESPN.com Jun 17 - 9:09 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:35 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
According to ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim, RG Chris Chester is "not a lock" to keep his job.

The Redskins put Chester on notice when they drafted Spencer Long in the third round. They're going to give the rookie every opportunity to unseat Chester.

Washington can save $2.6 million against the cap by releasing Chester, who signed a five-year, $20 million deal ahead of the 2011 season.
Source: ESPN.com Jun 17 - 9:09 AM

He could also get a challenge from McGlyn.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football