Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Soooooo.... Kirk Cousins possibly joining Kyle in Cleveland? What do you think?
Last edited by riggofan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSPB22

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby Deadskins » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Link?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Deadskins wrote:Link?

Seriously? You haven't heard ANYTHING about this over the past two days??? :)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Kirk Cousins reportedly open to trade from Redskins
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... m-redskins

Washington Redskins: Could Kirk Cousins Follow Kyle Shanahan to the Cleveland Browns?
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/washington ... --nfl.html

NFL Trade Rumors: Kirk Cousins to Cleveland Browns?
http://www.digitaljournal.com/sports/nf ... cle/368619

The Cleveland Browns have looked for a franchise quarterback for years and the team was expected to take a new signal caller in the upcoming NFL Draft, but things could change if recent reports come true.
Kirk Cousins of the Washington Redskins has shown in his brief time on the football field that he is starting quarterback material, but stuck behind Robert Griffin, the 25 year-old mostly sits and watches form the bench, but with former offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan now running the Browns offense, trade rumors have hit the Internet in recent weeks and it could make sense for both teams to look deeper into a possible deal.
Washington paid a big price in draft picks to acquire Griffin, costing them their first round pick in 014, but trading Cousins could help elevate that problem and give the Redskins some much needed younger talent on the team with added picks this year and possible in 2015.

This was kind of an obvious and inevitable rumor to pop up with Kyle getting hired in Cleveland. But I did hear John Clayton on ESPN this morning saying he thought it was likely Cousins would be traded this offseason. Guess we'll see...

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 pm

So, you let a guy and his daddy destroy your team and then you agree to a trade to get your valuable players? Only if we get 3 1st rounders....
HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:59 pm

gushogs wrote:So, you let a guy and his daddy destroy your team and then you agree to a trade to get your valuable players? Only if we get 3 1st rounders....
HaiL,

Wait, Kirk and his dad have destroyed the Redskins?! The team announced a trade of a our valuable players? How many was that?

What the hell is going on around here?

edit: You were talking about Mike and Kyle weren't you? If so, nothing to see here, I thought you were referring to Griffin and his dad.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:28 pm

emoses14 wrote:
gushogs wrote:So, you let a guy and his daddy destroy your team and then you agree to a trade to get your valuable players? Only if we get 3 1st rounders....
HaiL,

Wait, Kirk and his dad have destroyed the Redskins?! The team announced a trade of a our valuable players? How many was that?

What the hell is going on around here?

edit: You were talking about Mike and Kyle weren't you? If so, nothing to see here, I thought you were referring to Griffin and his dad.

Either way I'm not sure what it has to do with trading Cousins. We shouldn't trade Cousins because... Mike and Kyle were here? #-o

We've talked a lot about possibly trading Cousins over the past year or two. I've personally never found it all that realistic, because I don't think KC has shown enough that I could see a team giving us a 2d or 3d round pick for him and it would be stupid to trade him for less than that.

Kyle to Cleveland changes that a little bit. 1) Kyle knows how valuable KC is or isn't. 2) The Browns are in dire need of a QB. 3) The Browns have two first round picks. They could probably afford to part with at least their second rounder.

Not saying it will happen or that its even likely, but its at least interesting. The Browns could get two top notch, day one starters with their first round picks instead of drafting a rookie QB. Cousins is a guy who can run Kyle's offense immediately.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Teams will always need a QB. Its the most valuable position on a football team. With that being said of course teams are going to be interested in Kirk. I think a second round pick sounds reasonable. We should try to get the most we can get but no less then a second round pick.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 pm

The Browns GM, Lombardi, wrote this article for NFL.com in 2012. I think this is part of what has driven the talk. If they offer a high second round pick, I would be interested and counter with them giving us another conditional pick in next year's draft (conditions making it anywhere from a 2-4). If they offer a first rounder, I take it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... many-teams

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm

^ Yes... in a second.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:53 am

Yes, the Skins should trade Cousins. He'll leave on his own soon enough, he won't get more valuable sitting on the pine so trading Cousins now for a receiver to help Griffin makes sense.

As you all know I am not impressed with Griffin, I think he's a bust but since the Skins are all in for Griffin they might as well trade Couisins to get a player to help Griffin. Get what you can and move on.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 am

Mississippi Hog, I'm with you 100% in that scenario. If they offer their 2nd rounder this year and a conditional, you do it. Also, its interesting to see so many experts labeling RGIII as a bust already. If you watched enough NFL over the years you should know that year three is where you tell a player's full value. To label a guy before then is just silly in my opinion.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:its interesting to see so many experts labeling RGIII as a bust already.

So many? Who? There are a few here that use the bust label, but I haven't heard that from anyone mainstream. Just the opposite, really.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:23 am

Deadskins wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:its interesting to see so many experts labeling RGIII as a bust already.

So many? Who? There are a few here that use the bust label, but I haven't heard that from anyone mainstream. Just the opposite, really.

Yeah can't say I've heard "bust" lately. Seems to just be a lot of uncertainty with RGIII.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Yeah can't say I've heard "bust" lately. Seems to just be a lot of uncertainty with RGIII.

I've never heard "bust" at all, and the only uncertainty was as to when he would be returning to his rookie form. There wasn't even doubt that that would eventually happen, only doubt as to when.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football