Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:38 pm

riggofan wrote:I started the thread, so I know what I meant by "real possibility". If you continue to interpret "real possibility" as "likely possibility" that's just your own hang up. I've changed the thread title, so you can untwist your panties.

The thread was supposed to be a discussion of whether or not the rumors around the Browns had any truth to them. Did it make sense, could their interest in Cousins be real, could they be a legitimate trade partner, why or why not, etc;

If your entire contribution is just "THIS FO WILL NOT TRADE COUSINS UNLESS SOMEBODY MAKES A GOOD TRADE OFFER", then ok, we get it. Brilliant bit of insight. In other news, the front office will not draft Jadeveon Clowney if another teams drafts him first.

8)

Also, doesn't the title of the thread end with a "?" ... you know ... as opposed to a period or an "!"

:-"
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:41 pm

riggofan wrote:I started the thread, so I know what I meant by "real possibility". If you continue to interpret "real possibility" as "likely possibility" that's just your own hang up. I've changed the thread title, so you can untwist your panties.

The thread was supposed to be a discussion of whether or not the rumors around the Browns had any truth to them. Did it make sense, could their interest in Cousins be real, could they be a legitimate trade partner, why or why not, etc;

If your entire contribution is just "THIS FO WILL NOT TRADE COUSINS UNLESS SOMEBODY MAKES A GOOD TRADE OFFER", then ok, we get it. Brilliant bit of insight. In other news, the front office will not draft Jadeveon Clowney if another teams drafts him first.

gotcha! :twisted:

it's STILL not a real possibility that we'll trade Cousins - we might, but .... :lol:
Griffin can become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:08 am

SkinsJock wrote:it's STILL not a real possibility that we'll trade Cousins - we might, but ....

Actually, by definition, it is. I suggest you invest in a dictionary. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Wondering to self...

is quibbling the official sport of ozzie ex-pats?

:-k
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm

I see the Browns are kicking the tires on Vince Young right now. I predict Cousins value is about to rise... :)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:41 pm

riggofan wrote:I see the Browns are kicking the tires on Vince Young right now. I predict Cousins value is about to rise... :)

Making this real possibility a likely possibility if the terms are right for both parties.. :twisted:
Here SJ-
If it's possible, AND is within reasons then its a real possibility... me winning he lottery is just possible- Cousins to the browns is a real possibility.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:46 pm

:lol: it's a real possibility that's taking months to happen :lol:

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Countertrey wrote:Wondering to self... is quibbling the official sport of ozzie ex-pats? :-k
:lol: I can see it being taken that way - I was trying to point out that Cousins is valuable as the back up QB - IMO the FO will only trade him if another franchise were to make a great offer - I do not see that as being very likely to happen - most media & NFL people have indicated that Cousins is "worth" a 3rd round pick - IMO he's worth a lot more My 2 cents

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote::lol: it's a real possibility that's taking months to happen :lol:

Distinguishing what's possible is always arguable.. the wright brothers knew that flight was possible, anything Ian possible after all, and made it a real possibility through trial and error.

The tiresome back and forth by adding "real", "realistic", and "likely" in front of bball possible doesnt change the fact that anything is possible. Any fan with some sense would see that the McCoy signing gave this front office the luxury of shopping Cousins. We can go know and on about what we personally feel Cousins worth is.. fact remains he was a fourth rounder, has shown some grit vs Baltimore and the Brown's his rookie year, then probably lost some value playing mediocre vs some pretty crummy teams in year two. Depending on how bad a team needs a guy, and if cousin's even fits into the mold of what their guy looks like; Cousins value changes just from gm to gm just like on this board.
It's likely that Cousins is traded to a qb needy team if another team reaches and takes the guy they were targeting... I for one see Cousins and McCoy as one and the same.. back up qbs who are serviceable. McCoy having more game time experience would be more suited for the roll.. where as Cousins can be groomed and POSSIBLY a starter for a team that can't get anyone better.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:43 am

Countertrey wrote:Wondering to self...

Yeah, I should have said an Ozzie to English dictionary. :P
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Wondering to self... is quibbling the official sport of ozzie ex-pats? :-k
:lol: I can see it being taken that way - I was trying to point out that Cousins is valuable as the back up QB - IMO the FO will only trade him if another franchise were to make a great offer - I do not see that as being very likely to happen - most media & NFL people have indicated that Cousins is "worth" a 3rd round pick - IMO he's worth a lot more My 2 cents

There's liquidation value and replacement cost. In liquidation value, he's worth a third round pick. The problem with liquidating him is he's our backup, it's not worth a third round pick to not have a competent backup.

Just so you know, that point does not mean I think we'll get a second round pick for him...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:36 am

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Wondering to self...

Yeah, I should have said an Ozzie to English dictionary. :P

Then we'll get a Brit to explain it to us?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 am

I love the word "quibbling". lol.

I'm sure I wrote this before. My interest in the Browns rumor was not how likely they were to pull the trigger on this trade. It was that the Browns look to me like the first team that might be a REAL, legitimate trade partner.

They have:
1) Several extra draft picks.
2) A glaring need at QB
3) An OC who just happens to be Kyle Shanahan

I would also add that they're not a terrible team, personnel wise. If they had a better QB, I would think they could improve quite a bit from last year. I'm not sure you can say that same thing if they trot out a rookie QB on day one.

For all that IMHO its not unrealistic to think Cousins might be worth a second round pick to THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

Who cares what other teams in the NFL and the media see Cousins value at? Its not like we're going to agree to trade Cousins for a third rounder because Skip Bayless says that is what he is worth. The team has said they want a second rounder for him.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:57 am

We wouldn't need a consensus that Kirk is worth a 2nd round pick, we'd only need one team to think so.

/Cpt. Obvious, out.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Unfortunately, I think Cousins' performance last year has drastically reduced his value. He was an ordinary player who threw too many interceptions.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football