Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:24 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:Unfortunately, I think Cousins' performance last year has drastically reduced his value. He was an ordinary player who threw too many interceptions.

well, to those of us that would rather have Cousins stay as #2 behind Robert, that's certainly a relief :lol:
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:11 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:There's liquidation value and replacement cost.
In liquidation value, he's worth a third round pick. The problem with liquidating him is he's our backup, it's not worth a third round pick to not have a competent backup.
Just so you know, that point does not mean I think we'll get a second round pick for him...

thanks - I really do get it - I'd also like to get a 2nd round pick for Cousins - I'd be happier to have him as the back up for this year ...

AND

I'm glad they picked up McCoy - I hope he'll push Cousins to try and be a better QB - I just think he's gone after TC
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun May 04, 2014 2:05 pm

Kirk Cousins - QB - Redskins

An NFL executive told ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim that Kirk Cousins "at most" is worth a third-round pick.

Speculation of a Cousins-to-Cleveland trade hasn't gone away deep into the pre-draft process, and may continue into Thursday based on Cousins' history with new Browns OC Kyle Shanahan. The most likely outcome remains Cousins toting the clipboard for at least one more year behind Robert Griffin III in D.C. There are increasing signs pointing to the Browns drafting a quarterback high.

Related: Browns

Source: ESPN.com May 4 - 2:22 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Pretty much the consensus.
His value is really in the eye of the beholder tho.. in sure his value is low to a team with a franchise qb and viable option at back up..
Now to a team who is sitting in the second round watching their guy get drafted by another tteam and has a qb they arent confiden in moving fwd, Cousins will have a lot more value.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm

If we think he's a NFL starter, keep him and trade him later. Don't "give" him away...

A team like Arizona (Palmer) or Oakland (Shaub) might give us a good player or pick if their starters get hurt or play crappy early on.

Again, don't give him away...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 08, 2014 10:10 am

Funny, anybody anybody else catch Mike & Mike this morning discussing this? Both Mikes and Herm Edwards spent about 10 minutes talking about why the Browns should make a trade for Cousins. Use their first two picks on Sammy Watkins and maybe some o-line help and trade for a solid QB who knows Kyle's system.

Guess we'll see. Assuming Kyle believes in Cousins, I think that scenario makes WAY more sense than bringing in a high draft pick rookie QB who hasn't played a down in the NFL. But drafting Johnny Manziel is immediate gratification for the Cleveland fans.

I'll be happy either way, but it will be interesting to see what happens tonight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

So what do we want in the draft to happen today? QBs go fast so there is a need for Cousins?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 08, 2014 6:02 pm

I think we get the best value by not letting Cousins go unless it's a top 50 pick
or
we wait and see what happens after the draft and what we might get for him ...

I do not think that having Cousins as our #2 QB on opening day is a bad thing at all :lol:

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 pm

riggofan wrote:Funny, anybody anybody else catch Mike & Mike this morning discussing this? Both Mikes and Herm Edwards spent about 10 minutes talking about why the Browns should make a trade for Cousins. Use their first two picks on Sammy Watkins and maybe some o-line help and trade for a solid QB who knows Kyle's system.

Guess we'll see. Assuming Kyle believes in Cousins, I think that scenario makes WAY more sense than bringing in a high draft pick rookie QB who hasn't played a down in the NFL. But drafting Johnny Manziel is immediate gratification for the Cleveland fans.

I'll be happy either way, but it will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

IMO, a Browns trade for Cousins is a win/win for both teams if the Redskins get a 2nd.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 08, 2014 6:07 pm

riggofan wrote:Soooooo.... Kirk Cousins possibly joining Kyle in Cleveland? What do you think?

It's coming down to the wire :lol: I still think that Cleveland will not make a trade for him + I doubt we let him go for a 3rd round pick

we shall see

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu May 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Don't trade him unless you get at least a 2nd. And, I don't think anyone would pay that. But, Cleveland does have 3 picks in the Top 40....they might make a move.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 pm

NFL app reports Cousins is creating quite a buzz and "teams" are looking at him...
I think after the first round is over the font office will be busy taking offers for Cousins and possible offers to trade back. I think we will have a busy war room especially for not having a first round pick lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 pm

a little over 90 days and still waiting for this to happen .....

with the Browns taking Johnny Football at #22 I really don't think they need to make a trade for Cousins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 08, 2014 10:40 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Soooooo.... Kirk Cousins possibly joining Kyle in Cleveland? What do you think?

It's coming down to the wire :lol: I still think that Cleveland will not make a trade for him + I doubt we let him go for a 3rd round pick

we shall see

Took Johnny Manziel
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 09, 2014 8:51 am

SkinsJock wrote:I think we get the best value by not letting Cousins go unless it's a top 50 pick
or
we wait and see what happens after the draft and what we might get for him ...

I do not think that having Cousins as our #2 QB on opening day is a bad thing at all :lol:

Its definitely not a bad thing.

I read this morning that the Browns were offering the Redskins a #4 for Cousins. I think most of us would agree with saying "**** THAT!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football