Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri May 09, 2014 9:28 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:NFL app reports Cousins is creating quite a buzz and "teams" are looking at him...
I think after the first round is over the font office will be busy taking offers for Cousins and possible offers to trade back. I think we will have a busy war room especially for not having a first round pick lol

From what I saw, no one was hinting at a high pick though, they were all thinking mid round. I don't get why we would do that or anyone would think we would.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 09, 2014 10:07 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:NFL app reports Cousins is creating quite a buzz and "teams" are looking at him...
I think after the first round is over the font office will be busy taking offers for Cousins and possible offers to trade back. I think we will have a busy war room especially for not having a first round pick lol

From what I saw, no one was hinting at a high pick though, they were all thinking mid round. I don't get why we would do that or anyone would think we would.

Really. I can't believe they think we would trade him for a 4th rounder. That's what we paid when he hadn't played a down in the NFL. Now he has a couple of seasons, and several starts under his belt. smh
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri May 09, 2014 11:31 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Really. I can't believe they think we would trade him for a 4th rounder. That's what we paid when he hadn't played a down in the NFL. Now he has a couple of seasons, and several starts under his belt. smh

Ya for a fourth rounder would be no ROI and an utterly stupid deal for us..
However, there is still some qb needy teams out there and we've got time before we are on the clock.. I'd prefer we ter a second from Houston trade one of those picks back for another 3rd and their second take bpa w one of our 2s... and and and....
Ya Captain Kirk prolly is on clip board duties for us again this year
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Exactly. There is no reason anybody should think a 4th round pick is more valuable to us than two more years of a reliable, inexpensive #2 QB. Serious offers only, please. :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 09, 2014 8:38 pm

riggofan wrote:Soooooo.... Kirk Cousins possibly joining Kyle in Cleveland? What do you think?

I never liked this idea ... why would you trade a good back up QB?

and

the media were completely off base about Cleveland and what they might do ...

so much BS ....
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 10, 2014 12:20 am

SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Soooooo.... Kirk Cousins possibly joining Kyle in Cleveland? What do you think?

and

so much BS ....

Ya no. No one knows what was discussed in the war room so it's off base to assume it was off base.

Nevertheless the realistic possibility is still a possibility. Anyone who thinks Johnny football is the second coming of Tom Brady is seriously tripping. His cockyness will likely end him up on the IR before seasons end at which point this thread will be resurrected- just for you! ;)

Congrats on being right- though no one in this thread was wrong either Lmmfao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Mon May 12, 2014 10:37 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

and

so much BS ....

Ya no. No one knows what was discussed in the war room so it's off base to assume it was off base.

Nevertheless the realistic possibility is still a possibility. Anyone who thinks Johnny football is the second coming of Tom Brady is seriously tripping. His cockyness will likely end him up on the IR before seasons end at which point this thread will be resurrected- just for you! ;)

Congrats on being right- though no one in this thread was wrong either Lmmfao

I am surprised to see you of all people speak unfavorably of Johnny Manziel, I expected you to be a Manziel fan since Johnny Football is so similar to your Demigod RG3Firsts1Second. I read a NE Patriot scouting report where they compared him favorably to RG3Firsts1Second, so it's not just me who thinks Manziel is a lesser RG3Firsts1Second. He'll sell tickets and jerseys in Cleveland like the excitement here in 2012 and I agree with you he's going to get hurt running around just like Backyard Bob did. Kyle Shanny is stuck with another one. In Cleveland's defense their Manziel sideshow only cost the 1 first round pick.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue May 13, 2014 7:51 am

OldSchool wrote:I am surprised to see you of all people speak unfavorably of Johnny Manziel, I expected you to be a Manziel fan since Johnny Football is so similar to your Demigod RG3Firsts1Second. I read a NE Patriot scouting report where they compared him favorably to RG3Firsts1Second, so it's not just me who thinks Manziel is a lesser RG3Firsts1Second. He'll sell tickets and jerseys in Cleveland like the excitement here in 2012 and I agree with you he's going to get hurt running around just like Backyard Bob did. Kyle Shanny is stuck with another one. In Cleveland's defense their Manziel sideshow only cost the 1 first round pick.

LOL, a sideshow compares favorably to RG3. What a snotty post. Thanks for that useless contribution to humanity.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 am

Anyone who bothers to read this will see both similarities and differences. They clearly both show a "backyard" mentality though I'd say Johnny shows it more. Differences I noticed include size, speed, accuracy, and lifestyle/character.

Johnny Manziel Scouting Report (5-11, 207)

Strengths:
Running ability
Play-maker
Gunslinger attitude
Amazing instincts
Always seems a step ahead of the defense
Throws a good deep ball
Great at throwing on the run
Can make all the NFL throws
Dangerous threat on the ground
Difficult to sack
Good arm strength
Athletic
Ready to play immediately
Special
Upside

Weaknesses:
Pocket passing
Very short for the position
Lacks pocket presence
Needs to improve field vision
Has to develop ability to work through progressions
Runs, scrambles when he doesn't have to
Makes some dumb throws
Can play too reckless
Needs to improve accuracy, ball placement
Lacks size
Durability
Sidearms some throws
Off-the-field concerns
Focus on football
Likes to party; celebrity lifestyle

Robert Griffin Scouting Report (6-2, 220)

Strengths:
Great arm strength
Quick release
Accurate thrower
Smart; protects the football
Good field vision
Extremely mobile with scrambling ability
Very intelligent
Proven leader; passion for the game
Winner at collegiate level
Experienced 3-year starter
Clutch performer who plays at his best in crunch time
Good teammate without an ego
Plays with swagger
Opens up mismatches for teammates with dual-threat nature
High-character individual

Weaknesses:
Height is a touch short
Could use some more bulk to handle hitting
Rarely played against a top defense
Did not play in a pro-style offense
Rarely took snaps from under center
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 am

[/quote]

I am surprised to see you of all people speak unfavorably of Johnny Manziel, I expected you to be a Manziel fan since Johnny Football is so similar to your Demigod RG3Firsts1Second. I read a NE Patriot scouting report where they compared him favorably to RG3Firsts1Second, so it's not just me who thinks Manziel is a lesser RG3Firsts1Second. He'll sell tickets and jerseys in Cleveland like the excitement here in 2012 and I agree with you he's going to get hurt running around just like Backyard Bob did. Kyle Shanny is stuck with another one. In Cleveland's defense their Manziel sideshow only cost the 1 first round pick.[/quote]

So now you have access to NE scouting reports?? Yea, and you expect us to believe that? You get more and more comical every day.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 13, 2014 10:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:

and

so much BS ....

Uh they really weren't "completely off base". The media reported early on that Cleveland had interest in Cousins which by all accounts they did.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/ ... om-browns/
Just want to reiterate, Browns were rebuffed by Skins on Kirk Cousins offer. All parties (incl. RG3) would welcome trade, except Bruce Allen

I don't know if that means the Browns wouldn't meet our asking price or if BA just wasn't interested in trading right now. I'd suspect the former.

That's an interesting article above btw. The reports that both Cousins and RGIII would welcome a trade. I doubt its personal, but I kind of can't blame Griffin.

I know you love Cousins, rightly so, but continually ignoring the reasons why it makes sense to trade him in the last year or two of his contract is tiresome.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 13, 2014 11:36 am

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen 1h

Joined now by @JasonLaCanfora to shed some light on the #Redskins and #Browns trade talks and why the Cousins deal wasn't made. Tune in!

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen 1h

.@JasonLaCanfora tells us the offer the Browns were offering a 4th rounder for Kirk Cousins. I wouldn't trade Kirk Cousins for a 4th either.

Me either! 2015 is a different story.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 14, 2014 8:11 am

Note that this article is via NFL.COM. So yeah, apparently the speculation on the Browns' interest was not BS. I would also add that if the teams were only two rounds apart in agreeing to a trade then I'd call that a "real possibility". :)

Anyway, I'm glad Allen didn't give him up for a 4th rounder. Kind of an insulting offer. He's worth more to us this year than a 4th round guy who comes in to play special teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... rk-cousins
The Kirk Cousins trade speculation won't die.

The Washington Redskins' backup quarterback drew interest from several teams during the 2014 NFL Draft, but none of the offers tempted general manager Bruce Allen to part with his Robert Griffin III insurance.

The Cleveland Browns were one of the interested parties, as general manager Ray Farmer attempted to reunite Cousins with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns were rebuffed in their offer of a fourth-round pick in exchange for Cousins.

Former Redskins tight end and current WTEM-AM Washington radio broadcaster Chris C00ley corroborates La Canfora's account, adding that Allen would "absolutely" have pulled the trigger had the Browns upped the offer to a second-round pick.

Those phone calls presumably occurred before the Browns traded up for Johnny Manziel at No. 22 overall.

With Shanahan set to tutor Manziel in Cleveland, Cousins has missed out on his best opportunity to get out from under RGIII's shadow in the nation's capital.

Chris Russell (@Russellmania980)
5/13/14, 6:54 PM
Chris C00ley on #Redskins trade talks 4 Kirk "There was a potential Cousins trade in place. They weren't going to trade Cousins for a 4th."

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:48 am

I'm happy they didn't. If you have a QB who has a history with injuries and one that plays with the same style as RG3, you better have a good backup QB. Cousins has upside while Colt McCoy is what he is.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 14, 2014 1:12 pm

To clarify - I have never had any doubt that Cousins could be traded but felt that it was not likely because from all accounts Cousins was perceived by the media and NFL people as not being as valuable to other franchises as he is to the Redskins AT THIS TIME

I did not think in February when the original post was in play that Cleveland was likely to give the Redskins a top 50 draft choice in this draft

so .. I felt that it was possible that Cousins could be traded to Cleveland but it was not likely or a real possibility - more like a slim possibility :lol:

I'm glad we have him but I do not expect he will be here long ...
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football