Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 14, 2014 1:19 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:Soooooo.... Kirk Cousins possibly joining Kyle in Cleveland? What do you think?

I never liked this idea ... why would you trade a good back up QB?

and

the media were completely off base about Cleveland and what they might do ...

so much BS ....

Uh they really weren't "completely off base". The media reported early on that Cleveland had interest in Cousins which by all accounts they did.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/ ... om-browns/
Just want to reiterate, Browns were rebuffed by Skins on Kirk Cousins offer. All parties (incl. RG3) would welcome trade, except Bruce Allen

I don't know if that means the Browns wouldn't meet our asking price or if BA just wasn't interested in trading right now. I'd suspect the former.

That's an interesting article above btw. The reports that both Cousins and RGIII would welcome a trade. I doubt its personal, but I kind of can't blame Griffin.

I know you love Cousins, rightly so, but continually ignoring the reasons why it makes sense to trade him in the last year or two of his contract is tiresome.
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

08 Champ

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 14, 2014 1:31 pm

riggofan wrote:I know you love Cousins, rightly so, but continually ignoring the reasons why it makes sense to trade him in the last year or two of his contract is tiresome.

I'm sorry if I seem to be a big Cousins fan - I'm really not - I just like having him as the back up at this time

To be clear - I am not expecting him to be here for very long as I think we'll move him and we could do that at any time

I just did not think it was likely to happen before the 2014 draft given the 'perceived' value we were hearing about
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football