Sproles to Washington?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet
User avatar
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Sproles to Washington?

Postby AnthonyRRedskin1995 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:49 am

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... er-sproles

According to this article, Skins are one of the possible landing spots for RB Darren Sproles.


Personally, I don't like it. (Besides Returning kicks/punts) What can he do that Helu can't?

Too many other needs to focus on rather than RB.

Your Thoughts?
“I don’t like ‘em. They all have bad breath.” Dexter Manley on Cowboys Fans.

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9009
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:23 am

Technically Sproles hasn't even been cut yet but where Sproles could fill a need is on 3rd down. He's more similar to what Cincy had last year w/ the UNC RB than Helu. I think it's also been reported that most likely Helu will be gone because of injury concerns in the past. I wouldn't mind him sticking around though and seeing what he could offer on teams, if anything.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18569
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:37 am

frankcal20 wrote:Technically Sproles hasn't even been cut yet but where Sproles could fill a need is on 3rd down. He's more similar to what Cincy had last year w/ the UNC RB than Helu. I think it's also been reported that most likely Helu will be gone because of injury concerns in the past. I wouldn't mind him sticking around though and seeing what he could offer on teams, if anything.


We know what Helu is at this point, it's time to move on. I'd rather have Sproles or give Chris Thompson a chance IF HE EARNS IT.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:42 pm

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby fredp45 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:39 am

I want OLineman, Dbacks, inside linebackers and a good punter.

Qb, RB, WR, DL, K are all luxaries at this point

---
User avatar
Posts: 18569
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:37 am

fredp45 wrote:I want OLineman, Dbacks, inside linebackers and a good punter.

Qb, RB, WR, DL, K are all luxaries at this point



We have offensive linemen... I bet they'll be reaching from within and promoting/shifting people. I'd assume they'll get one guy via FA.

- DL is FAR from a luxury.
- WR is not a luxury.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**
Posts: 6320
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:42 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'd rather have Sproles


=D>
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby Neo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:44 am

frankcal20 wrote:Technically Sproles hasn't even been cut yet but where Sproles could fill a need is on 3rd down. He's more similar to what Cincy had last year w/ the UNC RB than Helu. I think it's also been reported that most likely Helu will be gone because of injury concerns in the past. I wouldn't mind him sticking around though and seeing what he could offer on teams, if anything.


Sproles is also dangerous in the slot. A 3rd down back, slot WR, and return guy all in one player. I would love this. He could address a few weaknesses for us.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 pm

It seems like a crazy move given all of the needs. But in reality, if the team is able to squeeze him in, could be a great pickup and a legit offensive weapon to take some of the heat off RGIII and Garcon.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 pm

fredp45 wrote:I want OLineman, Dbacks, inside linebackers and a good punter.

Qb, RB, WR, DL, K are all luxaries at this point

Maybe, but that doesn't mean that you should ignore those positions if a player is available that you think can help the team. I'm sure we're looking at every position on the field.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15877
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:40 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Technically Sproles hasn't even been cut yet

And now the Saints are reportedly going to try and trade him, because of all the interest he's drawn.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Deadskins wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Technically Sproles hasn't even been cut yet

And now the Saints are reportedly going to try and trade him, because of all the interest he's drawn.


So stupid. Why trade for him when everybody knows they can just wait for the Saints to waive him?

|||
Posts: 4304
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:50 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
fredp45 wrote:I want OLineman, Dbacks, inside linebackers and a good punter.

Qb, RB, WR, DL, K are all luxaries at this point



We have offensive linemen... I bet they'll be reaching from within and promoting/shifting people. I'd assume they'll get one guy via FA.

- DL is FAR from a luxury.
- WR is not a luxury.


We have offensive lineman fit for Shannies system. I feel like we should move on from them. T williams is the clear cut stud on the Oline. The rest of them are ok at best. We need more quality lineman. Rather a shift towards size like the old days.

Sproles on the other hand can still get it done when healthy. But then again I actually think Helu can do what Sproles does. Helu at this point in his career runs the rock better. Sproles when he was younger was a dual threat. Now Sproles is mainly a receiving threat. I thought Helu was still on the roster? If Helu is a free agent and asks for too much then I can see your point. But Sproles may ask for a big contract in which I dont think hes worth it at this point in his career.

Percy Harvin is where Sproles used to be.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 pm

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Technically Sproles hasn't even been cut yet

And now the Saints are reportedly going to try and trade him, because of all the interest he's drawn.


So stupid. Why trade for him when everybody knows they can just wait for the Saints to waive him?


Because if a team really wants him they guarantee that they get him if they trade for him. IF there are multiple teams interested, it becomes a much more unpredictable situation if he is cut and becomes a free agent.
Suck and Luck

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:25 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:Because if a team really wants him they guarantee that they get him if they trade for him. IF there are multiple teams interested, it becomes a much more unpredictable situation if he is cut and becomes a free agent.


I understand that is the logic, but I still think its a stupid move 95% of the time. Also if you trade for him, you're just trading for his existing contract which is a sucky move for a dozen reasons.

This is a joke at this point in FA, right?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-sproles/

No safety, no linebacker and we're reportedly trying to TRADE for a RB?

08 Champ
Posts: 13044
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Sproles to Washington?

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 am

So the Eagles decided they need him and did do exactly that - they traded for him ...

our FO (and Jay) may have wanted him but we were certainly not 'trading' for him
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football