Griffin gets a new WR, Andre Roberts from the Cardinals

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Griffin gets a new WR, Andre Roberts from the Cardinals

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am

Hopefully these guys continue the good work - we don't need a few 'stars' - we need a bunch of guys who can play

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... h-redskins
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Griffin gets a new WR, Andre Roberts from the Cardinals

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 am

Well, let's hope this guy doesn't turn out to be Josh Morgan 2.0 (or should I say Brandon Lloyd 3.0?). I don't know much about him except what I've read in the last 24 hours, and the consensus seems to be he brings good value and was generally underrated. Of course, that was the same kind of thing we heard when we brought Morgan in, so who knows.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:03 am

I like this signing, Roberts is quick slot type of reciever. It makes me wonder if Santana Moss might be finished here.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 am

Well, it originally occurred to me that he was a replacement for J. Morgan as a number 2 receiver. If it also means that S. Moss is gone, should Roberts work out it would be replacing 2 with 1. I have no idea if I think that is a good thing, but it seems to be one.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 am

I do think that Santana might be done but if he wants it badly enough I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the roster

that's the key here - we're a'wishing and a'hoping for another year or so ... :lol:

I am encouraged by having a HC in J Gruden, that will look to his assistants a lot more than Mike did but we still have a lot of holes to fill and then it will take time to have the players learning how to adapt to the new surroundings and coaching styles

I would not be surprised to see a lot of players added that are 'under-rated' like this guy - we have a lot of holes to fill
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah this is more likely the new Sanatana Moss than the new Josh Morgan, right?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:20 am

I still want a taller WR. He's a risk but I want them to give K. Britt a one year deal.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:10 am

riggofan wrote:Yeah this is more likely the new Sanatana Moss than the new Josh Morgan, right?

agreed - it would seem that Roberts will take the job away from Moss - not sure if Morgan makes the roster either

I do agree that it would be nice to have a taller WR but that is more of a 'luxury' than a must have player

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 am

SkinsJock wrote:I do agree that it would be nice to have a taller WR but that is more of a 'luxury' than a must have player

Lemme rephrase. We still need a legit #2. Roberts MIGHT be that, he might grow into that. But we need someone that we know can be a #2, if he's tall that'd be great too. Britt, Roberts, Garcon and Reed... That'd be a legit group.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:49 am

Roberts also has return experience. He also has blazing fast speed, but so does A. Robinson.

We`ll probably draft a taller WR.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 am

Roberts is a nice signing. You might be able to get Britt on the cheap, but I would be a little leery of signing him. He seems like he will never out grow his punk status.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I do agree that it would be nice to have a taller WR but that is more of a 'luxury' than a must have player

Lemme rephrase. We still need a legit #2. Roberts MIGHT be that, he might grow into that. But we need someone that we know can be a #2, if he's tall that'd be great too. Britt, Roberts, Garcon and Reed... That'd be a legit group.

Okay - point taken - I agree, there's work to be done - Roberts is young and should provide more upside but he's not a 'legit #2' - yet

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I still want a taller WR. He's a risk but I want them to give K. Britt a one year deal.

Man I totally agree, but Britt makes me nervous. Great size and you see a former first round pick with a lot of unfulfilled potential. But then there are the injuries, arrests off the field issues. Ugh.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Seems to me that it looks like Garcon is the 1 Roberts is the 2, now who do we have as the slot receiver? Robinson is fast but isn't that dependable catching the ball. We also need to get another LB and a CB........

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:48 pm

One thing you can say about Roberts is that he is a graduate of The Citadel and that carries with it a background of discipline and training. With Britt you are bringing in someone who is known to be carrying some "baggage" with him. Time will tell if the move pays off. And, there are still a lot of other holes to fill. It will be interesting to see else who the Skins target to fill those holes throughout the days of FA to come.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football