Shawn Lauvao

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Re: Shawn Lauvao

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 am

mastdark81 wrote:I hate to say it but this was not a good signing. He's average at best. Lauvao is one of those guys you get for depth, not as a true starter. Now maybe they see something in him and he may have growth but for that money they could have signed a better offensive lineman.

He's not good as a run blocker and just an average pass blocker. You have to keep in mind Browns had legit all pro's Joe Thomas and Alex Mack on their line and were still struggling to open up lanes. He was one of the holes.

He's younger than Chester but that's about it. Maurice Hurt woulda been the better option and he's already on the team. I thought we were looking to upgrade!!

We won't know until the pads are on. But we won't know how he fits into this system... Plus the HC played against him twice a year, so there's some familiarity. Who knows. This could be a whiff, or it could work out.

Also, he could be replacing Kory at LG, and Kory moving over to center... Again, time will tell. It's very early and too early to know that this isn't an upgrade.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am

Dont know how good Lavau is or will be. Hope he turns out to be good.

Anyhow just want to state that I prefer big beastly lineman. If we want to dominate we need to be big up front on both sides of the ball. Its the way it has always been. Those teams who dominate up front win SBs. Dont know why some of you cant understand that and continue to defend having midgets for lineman. Its very simple. You cannot accept mediocrity from our front office. You must demand that they give us blue chip players at each position or at least try to do so.

So if you guys see me complaining. Its because until I see a championship worthy Oline I wont be satisfied. I think we need a road grading guard or two. And a dominating right tackle.

Think back to the 1987 SuperBowl vs the Broncos. The offensive line provided running lanes wide enough to drive a truck through. Thats what we need to see. Right now its not that. Until we get guys who can do that. It wont be good enough got it.

You people have to stop accepting mediocrity.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:30 am

mastdark81 wrote:I hate to say it but this was not a good signing. He's average at best. Lauvao is one of those guys you get for depth, not as a true starter. Now maybe they see something in him and he may have growth but for that money they could have signed a better offensive lineman.

He's not good as a run blocker and just an average pass blocker. You have to keep in mind Browns had legit all pro's Joe Thomas and Alex Mack on their line and were still struggling to open up lanes. He was one of the holes.

He's younger than Chester but that's about it. Maurice Hurt woulda been the better option and he's already on the team. I thought we were looking to upgrade!!

Well for one I would tend to think that just about anything signed is an upgrade over Chester. I think a different team would do wonders. I am optimistic that we can plug this huge dude in and get better. Prior to last years injuries, I think this guy has been pretty good...... 8)

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:48 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:Chester was flat out awful for us last season. There was nothing "decent" about his play. I will take anyone as an upgrade over him.

I agree but watch out, I think Chris Luva Luva has some man crush on Chester :lol: I have been flamed all morning over me putting out there that Chester and Polumbus are pathetic. PFF is the Bible so because Polumbus graded higher, all the sacks and pressures I watched every Sunday either didn't happen, or were a result of Receivers not being able to get off the line of scrimmage. :roll: Per Chris, Chester just had a "off" year, when he really had a "awful" year. But since I am no coach, my points aren't valid.... :P :P

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Chester was flat out awful for us last season. There was nothing "decent" about his play. I will take anyone as an upgrade over him.

I agree but watch out, I think Chris Luva Luva has some man crush on Chester :lol: I have been flamed all morning over me putting out there that Chester and Polumbus are pathetic. PFF is the Bible so because Polumbus graded higher, all the sacks and pressures I watched every Sunday either didn't happen, or were a result of Receivers not being able to get off the line of scrimmage. :roll: Per Chris, Chester just had a "off" year, when he really had a "awful" year. But since I am no coach, my points aren't valid.... :P :P

I'm with you DaSkinz. I know what I saw last season. I saw an aging broken down Justin Tuck abuse Polumbus and Chester for 4 sacks in one game. I also saw a very old and slow Kevin Williams look like he did 5 years ago in simply manhandling Chester and Montgomery all night on his way to 3 sacks. These are just two things I remember to go with the mutiple games where they allowed terrible defenses to pressure our QB time and time again. Apparently some on here accept mediocre and sub-par play.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 am

I just choose to broaden my analysis and thought processes beyond "he sucked and get rid of him". I choose to listen to analysis from NFL players and ingest other forms of analysis to form my opinions. I enjoy learning how deficiencies at other positions have a cascading effect throughout an entire team. :lol: But that's just me. I don't claim to be right all the time, but I don't have much respect for "he sucks". Sorry, back the claim up with competent analysis and facts.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:Apparently some on here accept mediocre and sub-par play.

Come on, man. This is just stupid.

If you're (and I don't mean you specifically) writing that some player "sucks" or is "pathetic" you should be able to back it up with some facts other than "I saw that one game where Tuck beat him." No reason to get all butt-hurt about it if other posters challenge what you're saying.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:44 am

riggofan wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Apparently some on here accept mediocre and sub-par play.

Come on, man. This is just stupid.

If you're (and I don't mean you specifically) writing that some player "sucks" or is "pathetic" you should be able to back it up with some facts other than "I saw that one game where Tuck beat him." No reason to get all butt-hurt about it if other posters challenge what you're saying.

Perhaps we should however Justin Tucks 4 sack performance, Kevin William's 3 sack performance all against Chester and Polumbus I feel allows me to say they SUCK, are PATHETIC and TO ME are DOO DOO BUTTER. I am sorry perhaps I should list every down, game, and who they were raped by and I will remember to do that should they still start this year which I hope IS NOT THE CASE. I don't think I need to scour the NFL websites or seek what my 80 inch HD Television showed me numerous times last season as it relates to Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus being the WEAKEST of LINKS on this line. I don't care about what posters challenge, my point is it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the play they both exhibited last year was BAD and if this site is becoming like Extremeskins to where everyone can't make a post with a reasonable assumed opinion than I will be banned from this site as well very quickly. I understand that people view and see things differently but I don't need PFF or any other Football site to prove that Polumbus as 6'8 has aweful technique, I have heard too many announcers say that in a politically correct way. I have also seen defensive players that Polumbus and or Chester were supposed to block come into the backfield within 2 seconds. Sorry mate but that isn't physics, that's the understanding that we had to play those bums due to the Cap Gate BS. But now since that is over, it's time to get rid of them........ =D> =D> =D>

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 am

riggofan, I saw those guys get routinely beaten in games by average D-Linemen. I don't know what other back up you want. I will not research every last statistic. My eye test is good enough for me. Chester played well in 2012, and last year he was flat out awful. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, you can move on.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:riggofan, I saw those guys get routinely beaten in games by average D-Linemen. I don't know what other back up you want. I will not research every last statistic. My eye test is good enough for me. Chester played well in 2012, and last year he was flat out awful. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, you can move on.

PAPDOG67 you da man...... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:riggofan, I saw those guys get routinely beaten in games by average D-Linemen. I don't know what other back up you want. I will not research every last statistic. My eye test is good enough for me. Chester played well in 2012, and last year he was flat out awful. Just my opinion. If you don't like it, you can move on.

Looks like a love connection. ;)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:11 am

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:

Looks like a love connection. ;)

You're not doing it right when DaSkinz Baby is endorsing your posts. :lol: :lol:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:13 am

I don't have any problem with your opinion of Chester. You might even be right, and I think a lot of people agree with you. I have a problem with "Apparently some on here accept mediocre and sub-par play." Its a stupid statement.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:I will not research every last statistic.

Problem is, nobody is asking for that. Nobody expects that because it's unrealistic. But some of us are really into the game, and pay attention to the analysis that's been conducted by former players and reputable websites. Some people use those findings, to enrich their analysis done via "eye test". So when people just spout of BS in the face of facts and sound analysis, they tend to get called out on it.

I'm not saying that you spouted BS. I'm speaking generally. I'll watch someone ignore a FACT and reply in hyerbolish conjecture. AND then complain that they're being flamed. LMAO

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:32 am

Riggofan, I have been seeing a lot of people lobbying for us to keep a majority of the players on our team. I also see a lot of posters who seem to say, "so and so did a good job last year." If that was the case, how in the heck did we go 3-13??? As far as I'm concerned, there are only about a dozen or so guys on the entire roster who I believe in fact did a good job last year, the rest of them I would have no problem with if we cut bait with them. To me, that is excepting mediocre play. I'm not saying you in particular, just a lot of posters in general.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football