Kenny Britt Visiting Skins. Hope we dont sign him

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Kenny Britt Visiting Skins. Hope we dont sign him

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:07 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeeahhhhhh, I don't know. That's debatable. I agree with you about the second chance stuff wholeheartedly, especially with these young players. I don't want to jinx him, but Trent Williams strikes me as a good example of a guy who seems to have learned from his mistake, matured and moved on.

Britt's troubles aren't so far in the past, and I'm sure teams are looking to see if he is past this stuff or not.

It seems like for every "Trent Williams" there are about five "Fred Davis"s. Not worth the risk IMO unless you feel really good about him. What is Britt's pitch aside from unrealized potential?

Isn't it size, ability to run great routes and talent??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Size, ability, and talent that he's done what with, exactly? Had a good college career?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:51 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Size, ability, and talent that he's done what with, exactly? Had a good college career?

He is an extremely explosive reciever and was on the path to becoming one of the NFLs most dangerous recievers when he tore his ACL in 2011. Here is what he did his first three seasons:

2009 GP-16, GS-6, 42 rec, 701 yds, 16.7 Y/R, 3 TD, 43.8 Y/G
2010 GP-12, GS-7, 42 rec, 775 yds, 18.5 Y/R, 9 TD, 64.6 Y/G
2011 GP-3, GS-3, 17 rec, 289 yds, 17.0 Y/R, 3 TD, 96.3 Y/G

Yes, he is a top flight knuckle head and he his last two season weren't very good, but he is a tall fast, explosive WR that from what i've heard is a very good run blocker as well. If you can get him on an incentive laden contract that rewards him for playing well and keeping his nose cleen then you have to try to get him! If (and that is a big if) he returns to his 2010-11 form then he immediately becomes our most dangerous WR, even more so than Garcon!

Yes, I know his last two years at weren't great, but how much of that is on the fact that Tennesee has no running game or QB and were clearly trying to move on from him.

This is a risk vs reward signing. Britt has an extremely high upside as well as a pretty low down side, but most of that downside risk can be mitigated with the proper contract structure. Yes, signing him is a gamble, but a gamble that you don't invest much into and could reward you a WR that scares the hell out of deffenses, while opening up room for Garcon and Morris to have HUGE seasons!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 am

I don't care how great a WR this guy MIGHT be - he's not worth it at this time for this franchise

I would be very surprised if these guys take this guy on - he obviously does not really care
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Butta wrote:Kenny Britt is injury prone and has on field and off field issues. There are others id rather have us pick up like Jason Avant, Danario Alexander, Jerricho Cotchery, Devin Hester, Heyward-Bay, Santanio Holmes. I love the Andre Roberts pick up though. He was great in the second half of last year for the Cardinals.

I would sign Britt to a 1 year contract and pay him 2 mil max. I do like Danario Alexander as well from your list, he was emerging before he got injured last year.

But yeah you dont' win a Super Bowl with all choir boys on your team, besides Britt is much older now...good chance he's matured a bit. I just felt that he fell out of favor in Tennessee, similar to Josh Morgan with us. Once the team knew they were going in another direction, they gave the younger guys a chance.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:54 am

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Everyone should get a second chance. His problems were mainly from being young, and partying too much and being caught drunk. If he has matured and we can sign him, I think we should. Garcon, Roberts, Britt as wideouts?? I would take that

... I agree with you about the second chance stuff wholeheartedly, especially with these young players.

Britt's troubles aren't so far in the past, and I'm sure teams are looking to see if he is past this stuff or not.

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.[8] On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined.[9] On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest.[10] On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing and Britt reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.

.. the last incident might not have anything to do with him, but if you're still hanging out with dudes who are getting STABBED, you might need to rethink your lifestyle.

really? :shock:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:01 pm

It sounds to me like no one is really offering Britt the $$$ he thinks he deserves. Think his old team, the Titans, is back in the mix for his services.

I would rather see some of the other FA's that we have shown interest in....like Ryan Clark and De La Peunte...sign on prior to a Britt....then go after a WR in the draft. But, would not weep to much if he signs on for a one year deal at maybe vet minimum with incentives.

Second chances are fine...no one is perfect. But think Britt is fast running out of those chances.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:38 pm

John Keim reporting still that skins are still interested in Kenny Britt. I say, resign Dez Briscoe.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football