Redskins name

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Redskins name

Postby fredp45 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Does anyone really care what Harry Reid says - or thinks- about the Redskins name? The guy is totally worthless. He needs to focus on his job and quit worrying about minor crap like this.

I would love it if Dan Snyder shot back with - what have you done for Indians in your state, other than give them free stuff that doesn't encourage them to get on their feet.

What a worthless blowhard!!!!

the 'mudge

Re: Redskins name

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Apparently you do... Harry Reid is a corrupt, lying piece of scum with no soul... yet, you find his pathetic attempt to distract voters from his pending electoral disaster worthy of your own comment...

... really?

Trolls should be ignored, dude.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are scum

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... in-3-years

this article is bogus - I'm not a Dan Snyder fan at all but he's not anti Native Americans - he's just an NFL owner that has a team name that a few fans find offensive

I think that Dan is trying to do the right thing here by the Redskins and by the NFL

what a doofus Harry Reid is
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Just a friendly reminder: Once we're discussing politicians, their districts, and not the name itself, this topic turns into material for The Lounge, not Hogwash. Feel free to start a thread there, but let's keep Reid (et al.) bashing there instead of here.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:07 am

fredp45 wrote:Does anyone really care what Harry Reid says - or thinks- about the Redskins name?

Uh yeah I do. Whether you like him or agree with his politics or not, its the leader of the US Senate weighing in on the name of a football team. Not sure why voicing his opinion makes him a "troll" or is worth less than the rest of us dummies posting crap on the Internet.

His statement that the name will be changed within three years or so is pretty amazing IMO. I think he's dead wrong about that.

For all of the talk this week about Snyder's "master stroke" with his letter, I'd say getting the Senate Majority Leader to come out and say "He's going to throw a few blankets to the Indians and get a tax deduction for it. I can't imagine why the man doesn't realize that the name is going to change. It's only a question of when it's going to change. That's the only question." was a pretty good punch back.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:10 am

SkinsJock wrote:this article is bogus - I'm not a Dan Snyder fan at all but he's not anti Native Americans

Where does the article say "Dan Snyder is anti Native American". NOBODY says that or believes that.

What's bogus is here is your straw man.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:38 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:this article is bogus - I'm not a Dan Snyder fan at all but he's not anti Native Americans

Where does the article say "Dan Snyder is anti Native American". NOBODY says that or believes that.

What's bogus is here is your straw man.

This is the first sentence ... "Not even politicians are buying Dan Sndyer's sudden soft spot for the plight of Native Americans." - I take that to imply that Dan is only recently at all concerned about "Native Americans" - the author IMO has an axe to grind and scumbag HR is also trying to paint a bad picture

you all know how I feel about what Snyder has done to our franchise but in this case he's doing a good thing and it's being portrayed in the wrong way

I think that Dan was a little too strong in stating that they could put it in caps but they won't let him forget it - it was a mistake - it's over

I think the day that Dan thinks that the team name - Redskins - is "offensive", he will be changing the name but he does not feel like that today - that is all that matters

Dan would like to do something more to honor Native Americans than just owning a NFL team ... and he's doing it =D>

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 am

btw - there has NEVER been a less respected leader of the US Senate than we have in Harry Reid - Harry Reid has ZERO credibility

Hail to the Redskins

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:55 am

Hi pot, meet kettle. Politicians negatively talking about a person doing something like starting an organization geared to appease the public is bologna. Whether it is real or a facade shouldn't matter to someone with a single percentile job approval rating.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:17 pm

SkinsJock wrote:This is the first sentence ... "Not even politicians are buying Dan Sndyer's sudden soft spot for the plight of Native Americans." - I take that to imply that Dan is only recently at all concerned about "Native Americans" - the author IMO has an axe to grind and scumbag HR is also trying to paint a bad picture

That's still not remotely the same as saying "Dan Snyder is anti-Native American". Its a BS straw man argument and you know it.

I don't know whether the author has an axe to grind or not (and neither do you), but its clearly an opinion piece from a BLOG not a freaking NEWS ARTICLE, so what does that matter anyway. The author doesn't need to have an "axe to grind".

SkinsJock wrote:btw - there has NEVER been a less respected leader of the US Senate than we have in Harry Reid - Harry Reid has ZERO credibility

Again, just a BS argument. If your argument is just "oh that guy has no credibility because he's not popular", what's the point? You're not addressing his comments. You're just saying you don't like the guy.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:45 pm

SkinsJock wrote:btw - there has NEVER been a less respected leader of the US Senate than we have in Harry Reid - Harry Reid has ZERO credibility

This is an absurd statement, particularly given that Trent Lott, former senate maj leader, just left the senate in 2007.

I too am shocked that Senator Reid made the statements he did, especially the within three years name change comment. I guess it all will come down to the TM protection decision.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:05 pm

anyone that thinks the current leader of the House and the Senate have any credibility at all is just not in touch with reality ...

there may not be many good politicians in DC at this time but these 2 are not just a part of a whole lot of terrible politicians they are setting new standards for stupidity

Dan Snyder is handling this BS attempt by a VERY small minority of NFL fans to get the franchise to change the name very well

at least he's doing something which is more than I can say for Harry Reid and his butt buddy, Nancy :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 pm

SkinsJock wrote:anyone that thinks the current leader of the House and the Senate have any credibility at all is just not in touch with reality ...

I literally have no idea what you are talking about. And Nancy Pelosi is not the current leader of the House. There goes your credibility.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:12 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:anyone that thinks the current leader of the House and the Senate have any credibility at all is just not in touch with reality ...

I literally have no idea what you are talking about. And Nancy Pelosi is not the current leader of the House. There goes your credibility.
LOL... it's good that you tacitly acknowledge Pelosi's inverse veracity... but what makes you think he's talking about her?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:09 pm

let's get right down to basics here - Harry Reid's opinion is worth nothing and the reporter's blog is obviously biased

Dan Snyder is doing something good and some idiot is trying to make out like it's a PR stunt and quoting a stupid low-life politician who does not have any credibility - ZERO

I have no credibility - but I really don't need any, do I? - unlike Harry Reid, I have not made a huge ass of myself - Harry Reid is a scumbag

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football