DeSean Jackson -- Should we?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: DeSean Jackson -- Should we?

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:28 pm

We shall see how this works out. One thing I really believe is Bruce isn't going to spend way too much. He may in a short term front the money type deal, but he isn't stupid. If Djax doesn't sign
then it wasn't from a lack of effort and it wasn't meant to be. I don't know the numbers but apparently the 9ners and Oakland arent willing to get in a spending war. I'm good either way. Some say he is a diva and others say (Eagles fans) that he will never be happy with the money and want more. I look at what he can do to free up Garcon and friends. Plain and simple I am good with it either way.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 pm

We'll soon see if he's only interested in himself or helping others - this guy has been a very selfish player who is not motivated to be a good team first player

The Redskins will make him a fair offer but I think he wants more ... as usual with these types

I hope he's here but I'll be even happier if he is not and the Redskins will be better off without him
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Adam Shefter says it's a three year deal. I'm curious to see the numbers.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 4584979456
"Givin'em the Business!"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:54 am

SkinsJock wrote: I hope he's here but I'll be even happier if he is not and the Redskins will be better off without him

:-s Huh???
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:56 am

44diesel wrote:
Deadskins wrote: I'm curious to see the numbers.

.................................. there are some numbers ^^^ right here...

will they do? :P
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:26 am

Countertrey wrote:
44diesel wrote:

They might... if I, in fact, had really posted the message to which you responded. :oops:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:04 am

Countertrey wrote:
44diesel wrote:

Nyuck nyuck nyuck :wink:
"Givin'em the Business!"

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:17 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
EA7649 wrote:I tweeted this to Jackson. @DeseanJackson10 I see your chillin with Wale! Tell him to make you a song. He made rg3 one! #makeawishrap (He had a make a wish with a kid and rapped with him and I believe he wants a rap career)

hahahahha.. NICE!!!

He can only do the song once signed though.. no pre-songs. lol

Since he signed! I better get a call out in the song! haha

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:20 am

Countertrey wrote:
SkinsJock wrote: I hope he's here but I'll be even happier if he is not and the Redskins will be better off without him

:lol: You're right - it's not what I really mean't ...

any franchise loves to add 'exciting' players like this guy - I just hope he changes his selfish attitude - he's a risk

hopefully we all make out on this deal ...
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:23 am

Countertrey wrote:

I don't know man. I couldn't make any sense out of that guy's last four posts. Maybe he was drinking last night.

SkinsJock wrote:we're not going to be much better with him and we're for sure not going to be horrible without him

Sarcasm maybe? There was some kind of devil face at the end of it.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Here comes the anonymous Philadelphia "sources"....

Anybody doubt Skins v. Eagles will be on Monday night THIS year???

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/0 ... cker-room/
Philadelphia, PA (CBS) — In the days following DeSean Jackson’s release by the Eagles, speculation ran rampant as to the reasons why. Everything was to blame from Jackson’s petulant, rambunctious sideline behavior, to his alleged gang ties, to Jackson’s character, to this being Chip Kelly’s fault.

But what a number of sources close to and around the team, including current and former players, as well as additional sources within the Eagles revealed was that Jackson was not very well liked by his teammates, was blatantly insubordinate, with temper tantrums cussing out Kelly several times in front of the team, pushed the NFL rookie coach the way “a child would test boundaries,” and was more concerned with his rap label than he was about winning football games.

Several other sources also suggested that Jeremy Maclin may have had an issue if Jackson returned to the Eagles in 2014. He wasn’t alone, if that’s true.

“The fact is, [Jackson] was a ‘me-guy’ with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” said one source. “Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise. His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s okay. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s ‘a team player.’ He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said ‘good riddance.’ He had no real connection with anyone.

“Yes, you can say he was the type that could catch three TDs in a loss—everyone would be down, but you had the impression he was happy, because he got his. It was all about him. A lot of guys thought that way about him. [Kelly] came in here with a plan to get this thing right, and the one major [obstacle] standing in his way was [Jackson]. If we were going to move forward as a team, he had to go. Think about it—did anyone come right out and back him publicly? Not one.”

Why didn’t Andy Reid or Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets’ offensive coordinator, want any part of Jackson before he signed a three-year, $24-million contract with the Redskins on Wednesday?

They apparently knew the potential headache Jackson was.

Kelly received some culpability in the opinion of some. But numerous sources confirmed that “Big Balls” Chip should have been canonized St. Chip after putting up with the instigating Jackson in 2013.

“You see little kids and how they cry and whine when they don’t get their way, that was D-Jax,” another source said. “I don’t think [Jackson] gave [Kelly] the respect he deserved. Kelly tried to reach [Jackson] plenty of times and [Jackson] tuned him out. Then you look at team functions, when everyone is out together at charity things or social stuff. He was the one missing. It was like he was in ‘D-Jax world’ and we just happened to be there.

“With Reid, [Jackson] tried pushing boundaries there, too, but he looked at Reid, I think, much differently than he looked at [Kelly]. Reid came in with an NFL pedigree. He was the guy that drafted [Jackson]. He was the one that called him on draft day and laid the law down right then: [Reid] wouldn’t tolerate any outside interference from anyone. Now you get this college guy [Kelly] and he’s not going to tell [Jackson] what to do. [Kelly] has a vision for this team—and he is a very old-school coach in a lot of ways. But there’s only so much [a coach] can take.”

In 2012, under Reid, Eagles’ management did reward Jackson a new five-year deal worth $48 million. He did have some minor flare ups with the law. In 2009, Jackson was pulled over by police for having illegally tinted windows and it was discovered he had marijuana in the car.

Still, Jackson stayed.

“That was all [Reid’s] doing,” opined someone close to the situation that asked that his name not be used. “[Reid] thought he could control [Jackson]. He could, to a degree. Kelly put up with [Jackson] behind closed doors. A lot of guys didn’t like how he talked to [Kelly]. And a lot of guys just didn’t like him. They thought he was too into his rap label than he was about winning games. The guy performed, there’s no questioning that. But you had to keep a constant eye on him. Guys put in extra time. He didn’t. It’s like he never grew up.”

Asked why the Eagles have been reluctant to go public with how difficult Jackson was to deal with, sources said Kelly likes to keep in-house dirt in-house.

“That’s [Kelly’s] way,” said one source. “It pisses me off that [Kelly] comes off looking like the bad guy here. It wasn’t just [Kelly] that wanted him gone. [Kelly] got a lot of feedback from guys that felt we were better off without [Jackson], too. [Kelly] is very much a player’s coach. His office is open to anyone. Now [Jackson] is the Redskins’ problem. We have something good going here and it’s going to get better without [Jackson]. He had to go.”

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:30 pm

That article confirms a lot of what I would call "the general feel" I had about Jackson. Hopefully he can grow up with a new set of teammates and a clean slate.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:56 pm

I know we did and this is no longer a should we, but I figured this would be as good a place as any to post this...

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/09/desean-jac ... -redskins/

Good stuff in there.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Stick this one in your pipe and smoke it:

"LeSean McCoy has high regard for DeSean Jackson as teammate"
http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsbl ... n-teammate

Since Jackson left the Eagles and signed with the Redskins, little has been said by his former teammates in Philadelphia. Until now. Eagles star running back LeSean McCoy talked about Jackson, and painted a picture in stark contrast to the negative buzz previously surrounding the receiver.

"What I did see of DeSean was just we hung out off the field, on the field, we talked, we texted. So when you say he didn’t bond with the team, I don’t know what that means because I was a teammate and we bonded," McCoy said of Jackson via Birds 24/7.

Asked if he was happy Jackson was cut, McCoy made his stance clear.

"I think anybody that tells you that they’re happy about it, I don’t know how honest that would be. It was a surprise. You heard so much, you didn’t really know. Not playing with him this year is gonna definitely be different," McCoy said. "And playing against him is really gonna be different."

After a 2013 season that saw Jackson account for more than 1,300 receiving yards, there's little doubt about his talent. And now rather than game-planning to feature Jackson, the Eagles will try and limit him twice a year.

McCoy added that he heard the reports of disputes between Kelly and Jackson, but never saw anything that resembled the rumors.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football