DeSean Jackson -- Should we?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: DeSean Jackson -- Should we?

Postby OldSchool » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:31 pm

The franchise that had him dumped him like garbage, I am very skeptical of this acquisition. The Skins already have a franchise primo Donna, why add another head case?

Postby SGTFulmer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:52 pm

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-washington- ... tml?cat=14

A good outlook for the Desean Jackson signing.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 pm

riggofan wrote:Stick this one in your pipe and smoke it:

"LeSean McCoy has high regard for DeSean Jackson as teammate"
http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsbl ... n-teammate

Since Jackson left the Eagles and signed with the Redskins, little has been said by his former teammates in Philadelphia. Until now. Eagles star running back LeSean McCoy talked about Jackson, and painted a picture in stark contrast to the negative buzz previously surrounding the receiver.

"What I did see of DeSean was just we hung out off the field, on the field, we talked, we texted. So when you say he didn’t bond with the team, I don’t know what that means because I was a teammate and we bonded," McCoy said of Jackson via Birds 24/7.

Asked if he was happy Jackson was cut, McCoy made his stance clear.

"I think anybody that tells you that they’re happy about it, I don’t know how honest that would be. It was a surprise. You heard so much, you didn’t really know. Not playing with him this year is gonna definitely be different," McCoy said. "And playing against him is really gonna be different."

After a 2013 season that saw Jackson account for more than 1,300 receiving yards, there's little doubt about his talent. And now rather than game-planning to feature Jackson, the Eagles will try and limit him twice a year.

McCoy added that he heard the reports of disputes between Kelly and Jackson, but never saw anything that resembled the rumors.

nobody should be surprised that the "reports" out of the Eagles media and some Eagles fans & players are really so far off base and seem to be very biased
ESPECIALLY when we all are aware of how biased and purposely inaccurate many of the "reports" are from the DC media and even some Redskins fans

local sports media around the country seem to make it a point to put down the local teams when things are not going their way rather than looking for 'positives'

we have made some progress and maybe more will come with the new staff and way things are managed here - little steps
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Eagles media is pathetic trying to feel the need to give them some ethical good decision making.
http://www.csnwashington.com/redskins/m ... an-jackson
But McCoy is keeping it real. Good for him lol. its a minute and a half

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:54 pm

As much as I want to beat every team we face, especially Ttit, eagles and NYG, for our teams sake, at this point, I want to embarrass the eagles for Desean as much if not more. And I want him to have an instrumental hand in doing so. I'm so sick and tired of his getting blasted because Chip's ego is out of control (my opinion).
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 pm

I went to the Redksins camp on Friday. I got an autograph from Jackson and briefly talked to him. I could sense of happiness and relief he is out of philly and got a new start.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:46 am

emoses14 wrote:As much as I want to beat every team we face, especially Ttit, eagles and NYG, for our teams sake, at this point, I want to embarrass the eagles for Desean as much if not more. And I want him to have an instrumental hand in doing so. I'm so sick and tired of his getting blasted because Chip's ego is out of control (my opinion).

+1 - I'm looking forward to some exciting plays from DeSean but I also think he'll be incredibly motivated to play well against Kelly
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:10 am

Yes, I think we should.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football