Redskins sign DJax

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Redskins sign DJax

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

^^^^^^^

Re: Redskins sign DJax

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Taking a guess. 3/$30m. Wonder how close I'll be. Would imagine there is an exit clause in there should he get in trouble.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Well, gentlemen, it's over. Looking forward to the season.

I hope we run up the score on the Eagles with their own cast-away.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:34 pm

From Mike Garafalo on Twitter:

Three-year deal for DeSean Jackson with the Redskins. And it's apparently a whopper. We'll see what the numbers wind up being.
Suck and Luck

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:16 am

Say what you will but I can't remember having this formidable of a wr core in my lifetime... hopefully he plays w a chip on his shoulder. Good news is hey already a puke and fecal hater..

Welcome to the B&G DJax!!!

Only question now.. is what number???
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Neo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:24 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Say what you will but I can't remember having this formidable of a wr core in my lifetime... hopefully he plays w a chip on his shoulder. Good news is hey already a puke and fecal hater..

My thoughts exactly.

At first I was thinking he's too much trouble, but with all the respect he's been shown by the team, I think that will go a long way with him. Our receiver core is flat out DANGEROUS now. So I'm not going to complain at all.

I think this even helps us in the draft. At this point, I just don't see us aiming for any WRs. Maybe a TE, but I definitely see us picking up a stud corner and a stud ILB.

I'm excited. Hoping we have the new Posse on this team.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:04 am

Oh my God we actually got him!!!!

Here come all the unrealistic expectations and 12-4 predictions. Please everybody; Give a rookie head coach some time and space.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited about this, but we've still got a long way to go.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:41 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Say what you will but I can't remember having this formidable of a wr core in my lifetime... hopefully he plays w a chip on his shoulder. Good news is hey already a puke and fecal hater..

The you must not have been alive for the Posse!

And certainly not alive when we had two HoF WR, Bobby Mitchell and Charley Taylor, playing at the same time.

This group we have right now should be very good, but the Posse might be the best trio of WRs on NFL history.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 am

DeSean Jackson's 3-yr deal with the Redskins is worth $24 million, including $16 million guaranteed, per @DarrenHeitner.

Not terrible.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 am

spudstr04 wrote:DeSean Jackson's 3-yr deal with the Redskins is worth $24 million, including $16 million guaranteed, per @DarrenHeitner.

Not terrible.

If that is true then I agree it's not a terrible deal for the Skins. I honestly thought it would have been more like $30 million total.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:52 am

Warmother wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:DeSean Jackson's 3-yr deal with the Redskins is worth $24 million, including $16 million guaranteed, per @DarrenHeitner.

Not terrible.

If that is true then I agree it's not a terrible deal for the Skins. I honestly thought it would have been more like $30 million total.

I'm thinking that he REALLY wants to play the Eagles twice a year. Heh, heh, heh... :-k
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:27 am

While he's talented, I sure hope we don't regret this signing...

My hope is, our strong group of character guys can handle him in the locker room. Not all locker rooms can handle iffy character guys.

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 am

First - that poster above is young if he does not remember Monk, Sanders and Clark - they were pretty good. But the core now has a chance to be much better.

Second, I am not sure how to feel. I absolutely despised this guy as an Eagle. It is like when Deon came except Jackson is still in his prime. I am not sure I will be able to really root for him because while I don't think he is a gang banger he is a punk.

Third, I do believe the Eagles participated in a character assassination of this guy so they could justify to the fans why they dumped him. I think that is pretty crappy but that is how they operate.

Fourth, there is no way this does not help the offense and it is only three years so if he acts like a punk they can dump him. Hopefully he has someone talking to him about how to act like a grown up.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:15 am

Cleg, you hit the nail on the head with your post. First off the Posse was the best trio of WR I have ever seen. While Desean has some work ethic problems he does instinatly vault our offense to the best in the NFC East by far. He also will improve what has been a horrendous punt return game since BMitch left. It also totally forget about a WR with our # 2 pick. This draft is very deep, so now we could possibly wait until the later rounds and tab a "talented project" with the hopes of grooming him for a few years. Now with those 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders I expect us to go defense, defense, defense. I will not be crushed if one of those three picks would be used to add some beef to the O-line. With rounds 5-7 we can grab that project WR and try to sure up our special teams (which needs major suring up). I'm not crazy about Desean, but our team is better than it was when I went to sleep last night, and its only a three year deal. I can't wait for him to crush our all 3 of our division rivals.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:27 am

Warmother wrote:

Not terrible.

Yeah gotta see how that is all structured, but the initial reaction is that this was a pretty good deal financially. This is how CBS sports described it:

And the Redskins get Jackson on a contract that won't cripple them in any way. With $16M fully guaranteed. It's essentially a two-year deal. And after that, if it doesn't work out for some reason -- off field or whatever -- they can walk from the deal with no cap or cash hardship and Jackson could hit the market yet again before age 30.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... ackson-too
Last edited by riggofan on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football