Redskins sign DJax

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Redskins sign DJax

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Well we just got probably the fastest player in the league. This move helps out our whole offense. Now who do you double? Hoping Hanktime can step up another level. Dont forget our tight ends as well.

At this point, I suspect Hank is going to be lucky just to make the roster, and I doubt he sees the field with any regularity unless we lose at least two players to IR.

Your probably right. Just wishful thinking on my part.

However our tight ends could fill the role of taller physical receiver type.

I agree with both of you. Really disappointed about Hankerson and the injuries. We really need to hit on a WR in the draft at some point. Can anybody recall who the last legit drafted WR we had was? Do I dare say Rod Gardner??

Also, Jordan Reed is a stud obviously, but am I wrong that our TE group is overall maybe the weakest its been in a while? I like Logan Paulsen ok, but Niles Paul hasn't done much since moving to TE. Depth there just looks thin to me right now, especially if Reed gets injured.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:42 pm

We finally drop the ax on sleepy??
Gruden might be able to get so.e productivity out of him.. since he wont be in the doghouse anymore
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:30 pm

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/v ... 799eb51498

Sweet vid worth taking a look w RN interviewing DJax... Im stoked he is here.. I think he brings more then just his speed. Like his lockerrrom motivation and his competitive nature. Need to thank D hall and rgiii for helping make this happen!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 am

I know there was some discussion a few weeks ago on whether or not DJAX should be handling returns. I see espn's John Keim shares my opinion on the matter:

While DeSean Jackson can help them on punt returns, that's not a role you want him to do more than occasionally. They need him making plays at receiver more than anything and at his size, you want to limit the wear and tear on his body.

Totally agree. Of course guys can get hurt on any play, but returning kicks seems to put him at a lot of added risk. Maybe if you need a big play in a game or something, give him a shot but I'd say you can get return help elsewhere and just improving the guys on STs overall should be a step up from last year.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:47 pm

I'd say it frees up guys like Santana Moss to return punts and kicks.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Hooligan wrote:I'd say it frees up guys like Santana Moss to return punts and kicks.

I suspect Roberts will be primary PR...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Looks like Roberts will return Kicks and punts, with the addition of Jackson, I'm thinking Moss and Jackson will return a few as the season progresses but Andre will be the top guy
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:40 pm

1niksder wrote:Looks like Roberts will return Kicks and punts, with the addition of Jackson, I'm thinking Moss and Jackson will return a few as the season progresses but Andre will be the top guy

I kind of hope we keep djax out of harm's way and not have him returning. Maybe for like a trick play reverse or something, but no need for the wear and tear as was said already.
Personally, I think Roberts has something to prove so I hope he can excel in the return game. Since he most likely is taking playing time from Moss, might as well let them share the load at least for kick offs- have them both back deep. On punt returns Moss might be able to teach Roberts a thing or two, but I doubt he's still got the speed to be the best option back there.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:49 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
1niksder wrote:Looks like Roberts will return Kicks and punts, with the addition of Jackson, I'm thinking Moss and Jackson will return a few as the season progresses but Andre will be the top guy

I kind of hope we keep djax out of harm's way and not have him returning. Maybe for like a trick play reverse or something, but no need for the wear and tear as was said already.
Personally, I think Roberts has something to prove so I hope he can excel in the return game. Since he most likely is taking playing time from Moss, might as well let them share the load at least for kick offs- have them both back deep. On punt returns Moss might be able to teach Roberts a thing or two, but I doubt he's still got the speed to be the best option back there.

I think Moss still has enough speed. He is old but not done. I do fear for him though. I hope he can retire Redskin!!! Last year he had to play the locker room leader. He had to put someone in his place.... Moss is not the same player he was but he isn't done. Someone will want him and like I just said I hope he is a Redskin when he retires. He has been a GREAT REDSKIN!!! He can return those punts and with his experience can create opportunities we haven't seen since Bmitch. Bank on it.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:

I think Moss still has enough speed. He is old but not done. I do fear for him though. I hope he can retire Redskin!!! Last year he had to play the locker room leader. He had to put someone in his place.... Moss is not the same player he was but he isn't done. Someone will want him and like I just said I hope he is a Redskin when he retires. He has been a GREAT REDSKIN!!! He can return those punts and with his experience can create opportunities we haven't seen since Bmitch. Bank on it.

Whoa whoa whooooa!!! I'm not saying Moss is done, or ragging on him at all. Roberts obviously will be battling w him for playing time, and by all accounts he should be winning that battle being much younger jn his prime. I'm as big a Moss fan as the next guy (whole family reps 89 proudly), and know he was at times all we had to cheer for... but facts are facts man... He isn't getting younger, he definitely isn't as fast as he once was.. and whomever gives us the best chance to make a big play should be back there. Like I said- he can pass along wisdom because he's a standup leader type of player. I too hope he hangs em up in D.C... but with all the wrs we have, that time will come sooner then later. Sad but true- just like my man Cooley- I hope he stays connected with the team.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:59 pm

we now have guys in charge that will HOPEFULLY utilize the best guys for the job and they are not going to care whether a player is a 'good guy' or not

the players will get the jobs that the coaches think are in the best interests of the team no matter what any of the players think

this is a business and I could care less who does what or how 'loyal' a player has been ...

we are coming off a 3-13 season having won the NFC East the year before
we understand some of the reasons - the fact remains we have players here that did not execute very well together and many changes need to be made to turn that around

let's get the best players in the best places that give this team a chance to get the best results - screw the 'loyalty' BS
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Yeah well loyalty does mean a little to me. If I hire someone that might be a little better than what I have already I tend to be loyal to them (what I have) also. {I believe Joe Gibbs did also in his first stint.} In this business (football) I think they do have to cut ties often and sometimes prematurely. It will be a sad day for me when Moss has to go. I go by what he has done and what he still has to offer. I know his days are numbered and that is in a youths favor and should be. Upside is nice but experience is now.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:45 pm

I like Moss but there's no way you put a player in because of what he's done - the guy playing is the best guy for that job - not the guy that has done the job great, forever

hopefully Moss shows that he's the best option or he's not doing it - that's the way it is and that's the way it should be
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:31 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I like Moss but there's no way you put a player in because of what he's done - the guy playing is the best guy for that job - not the guy that has done the job great, forever

hopefully Moss shows that he's the best option or he's not doing it - that's the way it is and that's the way it should be

Lets not get too crazy about this... Moss was retained because of what he HAS DONE and CAN DO... His skills are not in question, hell neither is his health/durability. It'd be dumb for a front office NOT to bring in some one for him to mentor and take some of the wear and tear off his shoulders. Keeping him fresh, using him sparingly, and getting the most out of him being a team captain/leader is invaluable. I'd be surprised if he Is playing next year honestly.. I hope he has a great/healthy year and if we get another one out of him great! However I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope that Roberts has a breakout year and makes a name for himself. Having Moss to learn from is a great asset, and from what I've read about him he is dying to show what he's got.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:54 pm

I agree with you cowboykillerzRGiii... Unfortunately I think SkinsJock was trying to say they are going to play youth vs Moss. I hope they put together a real team and I expect they will. I just will be real upset as I am sure you will when the time comes that Moss has to go. He does more than catch balls. He had to be the man in the house last year and it really shouldn't have been his role. I'm glad he did and I hope he has one last hurrah. This man made us stretch chains!!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football