10-Year Club

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Re: 10-Year Club

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:51 am

SkinsJock wrote:I was drawn to the site in 2003/2004 by the 'input' of CLL, FIOS, Jake, tcwest and many others ... Joe Gibbs came back and I decided to be a part of THN

February 2004 - the only Redskins fan site I use ...

my thanks to Boss Hog and the staff for all the great work ...

Ah the early days of Thn... back when there were only a couple hundred members and we'd actually be happy to see the fans of other F2FA sites come over so that we could fight with them.

Well except for General Failure, cuz the kat was cooler than the other side of the pillow. :)

Thanks for all your time, and thanks for making us your home.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:52 am

Cappster wrote:This site was my facebook before I had facebook as in it was a place I could come and talk about pretty much anything. I took me a couple of years to sign up, but I was lurking before I deicded to join in on the conversation.

Does that mean I am going to be Zuckerburg rich one day?

Bahahahahahahahahaha

Ahem, sorry.

I'm glad you found a home, and have kept coming back - it's the fans that make it all go together. We may not all always see eye-to-eye, but we share that common bond...

... that burgundy and gold fever.

Thank you for your patronage.

HTTR

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 am

gibbsfan wrote:I want to say thanks to all the diehard redskins fans on this forum for giving me some great insight.Also at times some back and forths mixing it up but we all are in it together.So thanks to Mark for making this site what it is today and still going strong. 10 years boy time does indeed fly by and glad I was able to search this site and be apart of some of the greatest redskin fans around..

thanks mark =D>

I'll give that a big Amen brother. I know you been here since nearly the very beginning - seen almost all of it - I thank you for giving your time, energy and Redskins sweat to this forum.

I hope we can have many more years to lament and maybe even to celebrate. lol

HTTR

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I barely made the cut. :)

Thank YOU for the past 10 years, Mark. It's been amazing to have a home among real fans. I've learned so much by sticking around.

There wouldn't have been a ten years for this forum, if it wasn't for you brother.

And through thick and thin as well.

I know the trials and tribulations that you have faced.

I don't really know how to say thank you to you properly, so I will weakly just offer the words...

Thank you Daniel. For everything you do and continue to do.

HTTR

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:59 am

NC43Hog wrote:July 26, 2003 - almost at the 11 year mark. Miss the meetings we had at camp over the years.

NC43Hog

You sir...are missed greatly as well.

Truly and dearly.

I know I have been neglect in my camp duties over the last few years... life keeps getting in the way.

But out of sight isn't out of mind. Your kind heart is greatly missed in my life brother. i shall try to not be such a stranger.

Know that life is getting in the way, nothing else.

Love ya fam.

HTTR

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:01 am

Warmother wrote:January of 2004, I remember searching for draft information and finding the site. It is still the best. Thanks Mark. =D>

Still remember the day I met you like it was yesterday Steve. Certainly hard to believe that so much time has passed since then.

I gotta get down there and see you again soon bro. Keep keeping it real like you do.

And thanks for giving us your time and your Redskins blood, sweat and tears.

HTTR

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:03 am

PulpExposure wrote:While I'm just shy of the 10 year club (9 year club here!), just wanted to say thanks for this, BossHog. It's a testament to what you've built that you still have a lot of contributors around for this amount of time.

Thanks bro. Besides, you're just a tad shy and thank YOU for your contributions as a staff member.

And thanks for dedicating so much time to THn and to calling it home.

HTTR

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 am

Rayskins69 wrote:Thanks Boss, I dont post a lot, but I do read everything that is posted =D>

Been a member since JULY 2003.

Hope to be for many more.... This is our year I have a feeling [-o<

Wowsers! Again, I'm really taken by the guys who don't always post a lot, but have been here so long.

And you truly have been here since the beginning. While I opened the forum OFFICIALLY in June of 2003, it took me weeks to figure it all out - get it all set up etc. So really... July of 2003 was basically when this site started taking on message board members.

And you've been here the whole time.

Kudos. And sincerely, thank you.

HTTR

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:I'm not a 10 year member but when I hit the 10 year mark, I want nothing from you bro.
This site is a huge gift for me and I'd never take it for granted.
So on the 10 year anniversary, thanks for everything!!

I've never liked you anyway bro.

;-)

So Imma try make you leave before you get the satisfaction!

Bahahaha.

You know I love you bra... stay the same as you are fam.

HTTR

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37 pm

BossHog wrote:
You sir...are missed greatly as well.

Truly and dearly.

I know I have been neglect in my camp duties over the last few years... life keeps getting in the way.

But out of sight isn't out of mind. Your kind heart is greatly missed in my life brother. i shall try to not be such a stranger.

Know that life is getting in the way, nothing else.

Love ya fam.

Likewise brother. Interesting tidbit - I was 43 when I joined the site. :)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:40 pm

and RIP to our members who passed on to another life..
From the site was first formed we've had quite a bit of losses but none of us will forget. :mrgreen:

So again, thanks Boss for everything.. met some good people from THN and I hope I continue to do so!
and a big shoutout to the staff too because they also hold it down.

GO SKINS!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:06 pm

will be 10 years for me in July, i've enjoyed reading all the forums for all this time. I can honestly say, aside from vacations, that I check this site pretty much daily. Thank you!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:27 am

Joined in Dec of 03, haven’t posted a lot recently, but I have nothing but fond memories (camp, tailgates, and road trips) of the past 10+ years. I still come here to keep up with Redskins news, always (and still do) enjoy the site. I’m still bitter over my “Scrapple” lost to RfansinR…I crushed him!!! LOL!!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:39 am

BossHog wrote:
Warmother wrote:January of 2004, I remember searching for draft information and finding the site. It is still the best. Thanks Mark. =D>

Still remember the day I met you like it was yesterday Steve. Certainly hard to believe that so much time has passed since then.

I gotta get down there and see you again soon bro. Keep keeping it real like you do.

And thanks for giving us your time and your Redskins blood, sweat and tears.

HTTR

10 years ago my life was in a rough patch. My daughter was in the hospital for several weeks, and it was touch and go for her. Then I lost my father early that spring. But that summer I went to training camp for the first time, (wearing my TheHogs.net t-shirt), and met Mark, Jake, Chris and several other members. Mark you made everyone feel like we'd been friends for years. I still smile when I remember the big rainstorm that hit before the 2nd practice that day, and you (Mark) invited us back to your hotel for a beer and dry shirts.

TheHogs.net gave me an escape during a tough time and it also gave me a good friend in you Mark. I thank you for that.

Oh by the way, I spent a couple of days in Niagara Falls chasing my now healthy daughter around last summer. We were going to head up to Toronto and I was going to see if you were available, but that was when Toronto was having some flooding so we headed home instead. We do plan on coming back to the great white north though and the Toronto area will be on the agenda. :D
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Member since Sept.04' here.

I take in a lot of Skins info through various media and it's great to have the opportunity to let my voice be heard here with fellow knowledgeable fans.
HAIL

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football