Draft.... what do the "experts" know...??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Draft.... what do the "experts" know...??

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 am

I read today that the Redskins have a pre-draft visit lined up with Cody Latimer. WR from Indiana. 6'3" 215 lbs.

He's visiting quite a few teams, but I think it shows the team is still looking for that "big" receiver.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am

riggofan wrote:I read today that the Redskins have a pre-draft visit lined up with Cody Latimer. WR from Indiana. 6'3" 215 lbs.

... it shows the team is still looking for that "big" receiver.

+1 - and a few other positions as well - OT; OG; C; TE; ILB; S; FS; CB .. to name a few ... :lol:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:09 am

:P
SkinsJock wrote:
riggofan wrote:I read today that the Redskins have a pre-draft visit lined up with Cody Latimer. WR from Indiana. 6'3" 215 lbs.

+1 - and a few other positions as well - OT; OG; C; TE; ILB; S; FS; CB .. to name a few ... :lol:

BPA! :)

There was some discussion last week about whether or not the Skins might still look to add a WR in the draft after we signed DJAX. Its not a lock, but I don't think anybody should be surprised if they do. I'm sure we would still hear all of these howls of protest from fans, but there are a lot of legit reasons to consider it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:26 pm

riggofan wrote::P
SkinsJock wrote:

BPA! :)

There was some discussion last week about whether or not the Skins might still look to add a WR in the draft after we signed DJAX. Its not a lock, but I don't think anybody should be surprised if they do. I'm sure we would still hear all of these howls of protest from fans, but there are a lot of legit reasons to consider it.

Can't please em all!!!

Haha.. When we picked a TE last year (cousins is a good example for some) I remember thinkn Wtf is Mike smoking?!

Now Jordan is one of my favorite players! -and who knows Wtf sleepy is up to...

So Ya, I've come to terms w letting people do their job and see how it goes. There is no promises in the draft even at number one. Weighing the risk rewards vs the need/bpa is a tough task to tackle.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:08 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Haha.. When we picked a TE last year (cousins is a good example for some) I remember thinkn Wtf is Mike smoking?!

Now Jordan is one of my favorite players! -and who knows Wtf sleepy is up to...

That is an EXCELLENT point. I remember having the same thought when we took a TE last year. And of course, there was Kirk Cousins...!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:44 pm

I hope they can find a tall WR that they think will fit what they are planning to do here ...

BPA at positions of need and we have plenty of those ... :twisted:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote:BPA at positions of need

You totally miss the point. BPA means disregarding positions of need.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:BPA at positions of need

You totally miss the point. BPA means disregarding positions of need.

not to me ... :lol:

but in our case the best player available is most likely a position of need :nana:

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 am

He's visiting quite a few teams, but I think it shows the team is still looking for that "big" receiver.

Jump Ball man.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:43 am

tribeofjudah wrote:

Jump Ball man.....

Feels like we've been chasing *that* player forever!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Here's an insider article about McShay's latest mock draft. I think the player selection will make some of you guys happy!

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nfceast ... fresh=true
Todd McShay's fourth mock Insider is now available on ESPN Insider's page and he projects a player to Washington who should make quarterback Robert Griffin III happy.

McShay puts Alabama offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio to the Redskins at No. 34 in his two-round mock.

Kouandjio played left tackle for the Crimson Tide. He would play on the right side in Washington with Trent Williams on the left as the Redskins seek an upgrade over incumbent Tyler Polumbus. Washington tried to sign tackle Donald Penn in the offseason and there's clearly a desire by those in power to replace Polumbus. So taking Kouandjio makes sense.

The defense still needs a boost and the draft could provide one with safety Deone Bucannon (more of a strong safety) or an inside linebacker such as Chris Borland. Both were still available in McShay's mock. McShay had another safety, Jimmie Ward, going late in the second round. And the Redskins' defense needs more good young players, even if they don't start immediately but are groomed for that role. But if you go by best player available, then Kouandjio probably tops this group and should be a good fit for Washington.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Getting a starting RT in the draft would be awesome. I'd feel a lot better about our prospects going into the season along with the other shakeups that have happened on the o-line.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:35 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Getting a starting RT in the draft would be awesome. I'd feel a lot better about our prospects going into the season along with the other shakeups that have happened on the o-line.

+1. Trent Williams/Kouandjio bookends. That could be awesome.

They were pretty aggressive about bringing in RTs during free agency.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:54 am

Keep in mind that the first round finishes in one night and the second round starts the next. As teams ponder what happened in the first, they could come to really desire our pick at 34. We might be able to work a trade down that would truly benefit us. Regardless, as we see every year, good players drop because outliers get picked higher than they are slotted -- see Dallas Cowboys drafting a Center a full round before he was expected to be picked. If this were to happen to a marquee player, there might be strong interest in our pick.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:16 am

Good point. Let's hope one of those desired QBs drop out of the first round.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football