Andre Roberts Wonders About Role

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Re: Andre Roberts Wonders About Role

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Neo wrote:I liked what B Mitch was saying about him yesterday. That with People preoccupied with Garcon & Djax, Roberts is going to have all the opportunities he needs to get targeted.

From what B Mitch was saying about Roberts' potential as a dominant slot guy, he could be our new Fred Davis (the Davis who was a key piece to our offense a few years ago).

Plus, as cowboykillerz said, hopefully he's our man in the return game.
All of which is exactly like he just needs to shut up and let it come to him.

I agree. I don't blame him for feeling that way and mentioning it to his wife/girlfriend, whatever. However, saying it in public is bonehead. If I'm any GM in the league right now I'm putting him in the Cutler too baby to face competition category. There are higher paid guys ahead of him and there are going to be an endless stream of young guys coming out of college every year wanting to take his job. Whining about it is for losers. I haven't heard him offer to give up his check for his freedom either.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Redskins WR Andre Roberts is working as the returner with both the kick and punt units.

Roberts signed on with the Redskins to be their No. 2 receiver, but he suffered a quick demotion when Washington brought in DeSean Jackson a month later. The silver lining is the reduced offensive role opens up Roberts to help on special teams. Roberts has not been particularly successful as a returner, though, averaging a measly 6.9 yards per punt return and 22.4 yards per kick return. Washington would do well to find a better option.
Source: CSN Washington Jun 15 - 8:19 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 pm

I say give th kid the chance and see how he does before you write him off.. we don't have a shortage of players who can get the job done, although I'd prefer to keep DJax out of harm's way rather than have him returning kicks...
Although if I remember correctly they bes t the pukes one game last year largely due to his late game punt return td that was pretty much the game changer- so idk do you keep that type of threat off the field just to avoid injury??
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:03 pm

I hope our new ST coach has them blocking and setting up returns. Something lacking for a long time. I liked Danny Smith, but he had coverage teams not return teams :( I heard Roberts numbers were from his rookie season and I'm not sure that is enough to gage from.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:42 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I say give th kid the chance and see how he does before you write him off..
ummm... ck, whom has written him off??? Most are simply saying that he needs to get the whine out of the public domain... just shut up and compete.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:07 am

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I say give th kid the chance and see how he does before you write him off..
ummm... ck, whom has written him off??? Most are simply saying that he needs to get the whine out of the public domain... just shut up and compete.

Sorry boss, I should've been more clear.. I was referring to the csnwashimgton report in Darths post stating that "... Washington would do well to look elsewhere." Basing that off a small sample size from his rookie year. I say give him a shot to prove what he can do. I agree100% that he should let his play do the talking and shut his mouth tho!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football