RGIII looking "100 percent healthy"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: RGIII looking "100 percent healthy"

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:37 pm

riggofan wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Robert's health level was only part of the reason for our offensive woes ... we now have Scott as OC and Jay calling the offense on game day - BIG plus over Kyle

I think that everyone will benefit from 'starting' anew ... Robert will feel great and be able to fully utilize his considerable talents and leadership skills

Scott and Jay will have an offense devised that can execute anything & everything on game day at a very high level including letting Robert use his speed which was not possible with the brace and/or with the type of offensive play calling that Kyle ran here


I don't think Kyle was all that bad. In fact I think he was pretty good. He had terrible people skills but that is another matter. I am excited about Gruden coaching to players strengths. That will be different. I can't wait to see all this play out. It might be mid season before the line gels if he replaces as many as I hope.


I think that's spot on, Kilmer72. He's clearly pretty highly regarded around the league.

Which isn't to say that SkinsJock might not be right, that the team might not benefit from Gruden's approach to the offense. I'm pretty excited that he seems to be looking to beef up the offensive line for example. The ZBS seemed to work great for Morris the past two years, but I'm not sure its the best fit for our QB. And if RGIII just wasn't buying what Kyle was selling on offense anymore then moving on is probably the right move.


I agree with Skinsjock. Too many people think Kyle sucked though. I had to add my My 2 cents I think Kyle did a good job for the most part. His offense works. It is the rest of the bull that doesn't. I actually hope he does well except for against us of course.

08 Champ
Posts: 13684
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: RG3 support team

Re: RGIII looking "100 percent healthy"

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:45 pm

riggofan wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Robert's health level was only part of the reason for our offensive woes ... we now have Scott as OC and Jay calling the offense on game day - BIG plus over Kyle

I think that everyone will benefit from 'starting' anew ... Robert will feel great and be able to fully utilize his considerable talents and leadership skills

Scott and Jay will have an offense devised that can execute anything & everything on game day at a very high level including letting Robert use his speed which was not possible with the brace and/or with the type of offensive play calling that Kyle ran here


I don't think Kyle was all that bad. In fact I think he was pretty good. He had terrible people skills but that is another matter. I am excited about Gruden coaching to players strengths. That will be different. I can't wait to see all this play out. It might be mid season before the line gels if he replaces as many as I hope.


I think that's spot on, Kilmer72. He's clearly pretty highly regarded around the league.

Which isn't to say that SkinsJock might not be right, that the team might not benefit from Gruden's approach to the offense. I'm pretty excited that he seems to be looking to beef up the offensive line for example. The ZBS seemed to work great for Morris the past two years, but I'm not sure its the best fit for our QB. And if RGIII just wasn't buying what Kyle was selling on offense anymore then moving on is probably the right move.


in all fairness - I did not mean to imply that Kyle did not do a good job - there were many factors that caused the issues we had on offense last season

Kyle is a good OC

I just think that Scott as OC and Jay as HC and handling the play calling will have a more effective offense this season


we are coming off a 3-13 season following a season that we won the NFC East - IMO, we were not that good in 2012 AND we were not that bad in 2013

I think that all things considered the change will benefit all involved and I wish Kyle well in Cleveland - he should be fine, he's a good OC
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

DarthMonk
Posts: 4575
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: RGIII looking "100 percent healthy"

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins

Santana Moss and former Redskin Chris Cooley are raving about how healthy Robert Griffin III looks.

Griffin clearly rushed back from his January 2013 ACL tear too quickly, lumbering through a disastrous season with a bulky brace. Now further removed from the injury and working with elite weapons in Jay Gruden's passer-friendly offense, there's plenty of reason for optimism. "It's unbelievable," Cooley said. "He's another person right now. I was like, 'you're running unbelievably well.' It was silly to watch." Added Moss: "He looks more comfortable, because he don’t have to worry about that brace."

Source: Washington Post Apr 17 - 10:31 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16252
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: RGIII looking "100 percent healthy"

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Griffin clearly rushed back from his January 2013 ACL tear too quickly, lumbering through a disastrous season with a bulky brace.

If he means the season for the team was disastrous, I agree. If he meant the season was disastrous for RGIII, I disagree.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: RGIII looking "100 percent healthy"

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Griffin clearly rushed back from his January 2013 ACL tear too quickly, lumbering through a disastrous season with a bulky brace.

If he means the season for the team was disastrous, I agree. If he meant the season was disastrous for RGIII, I disagree.


I agree with you it wasn't "disastrous" for RGIII, but I do think what happened with the injury and the poor play of the O-line prevented him from progressing as much as he might have. Sometimes that happens though, you just have to deal with it. It's great to hear everyone saying he's 100% now though. I'm so, so glad Shannahan sat him the last 3 games. Nothing good would have come from him playing those.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football