2014 Schedule Release Wed 4/23

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: 2014 Schedule Release Wed 4/23

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Yeah Seahawks would be good I suppose... Maybe it is just me or a coincidence. Every time I go to Fedex, it turns into an expensive nightmare. On the other hand, I had good times in RFK. The long walks, prices and parking are a bit of a turn off for me. If you guys are into it, all the power to you. HTTR

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:05 am

I like the way our schedule is set up. A teams record is only part of the equation in the final determination of the schedule. The matchups and star power are also considered. RG3, Luck, Wilson and Kaepernick? Makes for good TV as well.

Facing the NFC west arguably the best division could be a good thing. We need to face top tier competition to test our team. If we can at least go 500. against the NFC West. We should be a SB contender.

I am looking forward to avenging the loss to the Niners and Seahawks. All though I have a feeling we are going to take some lumps in those games. But will be a good test.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:00 am

The NFC West is definitely the toughest division at the moment. Good thing we offset with that with arguably the weakest division in the AFC South.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:21 am

I like the schedule EXCEPT, selfishly, for the fact we play Houston opening weekend!!! That will make tickets more difficult to come by!!!

IMHO, it's the easiest schedule we've had on paper in quite some time --- based on last years results.... which don't mean very much these days.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:45 pm

The NFL schedule is based on each team playing every other team in the NFL on a regular schedule - it is a simple formula that has been in play for years now
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 am

SkinsJock wrote:The NFL schedule is based on each team playing every other team in the NFL on a regular schedule - it is a simple formula that has been in play for years now

True, but a team's opponents are only a small part of the schedule. How many prime time games a team has, when their bye week is, how many short week/Thursday games, do they have to travel to London, consecutive road games, when you have to play certain opponents, all of the HOW of the schedule is not based on a simple formula at all.

I'm pretty sure that's what HEROHAMO is referring to.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The NFL schedule is based on each team playing every other team in the NFL on a regular schedule - it is a simple formula that has been in play for years now

True, but a team's opponents are only a small part of the schedule. How many prime time games a team has, when their bye week is, how many short week/Thursday games, do they have to travel to London, consecutive road games, when you have to play certain opponents, all of the HOW of the schedule is not based on a simple formula at all.

I'm pretty sure that's what HEROHAMO is referring to.

Not to mention which non-divisional opponents you play at home, and which are away.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:22 am

:roll: just pointing to the fact that each team plays against the other 31 over a specific period - it has been a simple formula they have used for a while now

just in case anyone :twisted: needs any help ... http://www.nflschedule2014.org/nfl-sche ... ation.html
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 am

Heck the whole NFC is brutal. Carolina, San Fran, Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis, New Orleans, Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago and even the teams who missed the playoffs like Minnesota and Atlanta had previously made the playoffs.

I think the NFC East is set up for us to take it over. I think the gstrings, smeagols and pies are on the way down. While I dont see the Pies getting any better any time soon. I am hoping they dont land Jhonny Football. Its a rumor going round. If Jerry messes up like he usually does then we should be set for years to come.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 02, 2014 8:15 am

HEROHAMO wrote: While I dont see the Pies getting any better any time soon. I am hoping they dont land Jhonny Football. Its a rumor going round. If Jerry messes up like he usually does then we should be set for years to come.

Let them take him... I think he blows up... and not in a good way.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 02, 2014 8:16 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Heck the whole NFC is brutal. Carolina, San Fran, Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis, New Orleans, Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago and even the teams who missed the playoffs like Minnesota and Atlanta had previously made the playoffs.

I think the NFC East is set up for us to take it over. I think the gstrings, smeagols and pies are on the way down. While I dont see the Pies getting any better any time soon. I am hoping they dont land Jhonny Football. Its a rumor going round. If Jerry messes up like he usually does then we should be set for years to come.

I don't know... I'm kind of hoping they do draft Manziel. Seems like a 50/50 shot he'll either be a huge success or a massive failure. That team is kind of a mess right now because of cap issues where the latter seems more likely.

We'll see about the Eagles. They still look solid IMO. It will be interesting to see if Foles is as successful without DJax out there. And McCoy is still dangerous.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat May 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote: While I dont see the Pies getting any better any time soon. I am hoping they dont land Jhonny Football. Its a rumor going round. If Jerry messes up like he usually does then we should be set for years to come.

I don't know Tre . Id rather they draft a punter with the first pick. Wouldn't that be ideal for us? Rather then wish a rival to draft a heisman trophy winner with the potential to be great?

No Tre, dont let your hate for them blind you. Trust me on this one.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon May 05, 2014 6:37 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

I don't know Tre . Id rather they draft a punter with the first pick. Wouldn't that be ideal for us? Rather then wish a rival to draft a heisman trophy winner with the potential to be great?

No Tre, dont let your hate for them blind you. Trust me on this one.

The key word is potential. If he is a miserable failure at this level, then that would be more ideal than drafting a punter. Not only would he cost them several picks (assuming they trade up to get him), but he would cause an immediate QB controversy, and they are committed heavily to Romo.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon May 05, 2014 8:51 am

Deadskins wrote:The key word is potential. If he is a miserable failure at this level, then that would be more ideal than drafting a punter. Not only would he cost them several picks (assuming they trade up to get him), but he would cause an immediate QB controversy, and they are committed heavily to Romo.

I'm with you 100%. So much potential for a Jurrah sized debacle if they pick Manziel.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon May 05, 2014 9:55 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:The key word is potential. If he is a miserable failure at this level, then that would be more ideal than drafting a punter. Not only would he cost them several picks (assuming they trade up to get him), but he would cause an immediate QB controversy, and they are committed heavily to Romo.

I'm with you 100%. So much potential for a Jurrah sized debacle if they pick Manziel.

DASSWADIMTALKINBOUD!!! =D>
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football