What do you think of this Mock Draft?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: What do you think of this Mock Draft?

Postby riggofan » Fri May 02, 2014 10:55 am

Chronic would mean that he has had multiple concussions. Not that he had one concussion that took him longer than usual to recover from.

I agree with you guys though that the amount of time he was out is concerning at least. Concussions aren't unusual in football obviously, and if every concussion is going to knock him out for half the season its definitely an issue.

I have a goalkeeper on one of the soccer teams I coach who got a concussion at the beginning of April. He's still out, still suffering symptoms and was only able to return to school in the past week. I thought it was really weird from my own experience and experience with other players being able to return to the field within about two weeks. His injury wasn't especially brutal or anything either, just struck in the head with a ball from fairly close range.

I was just thinking about that wondering: is it true that some people are more susceptible to concussions/have more difficulty recovering?

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:52 am

The brain is an odd and mysterious organ. And, no two are alike, responding differently to stimuli and injury. No such thing as a normal recovery time for an injury to the brain. They, like people, are unique.

I think.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby yupchagee » Sat May 03, 2014 9:57 pm

funbuncher wrote:
yupchagee wrote:I would take either Jimmie Ward or Deone Buccanon. Our safety situation scares me.

I like Calvin Pryor a lot too. He flies around the field throwing his body. It's beautiful, but they've got the rules so screwed up now you can't really do that anymore. I wish we had signed T.J. Ward and been done with this need. I've watched a lot of him as he's on my IDP team. He's a thumper too. The league is aligned against quality thumpers though. :(

I also like Prior a lot, but I don' expect him to be there at #34.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Sat May 03, 2014 11:16 pm

yupchagee wrote:
funbuncher wrote:
yupchagee wrote:I would take either Jimmie Ward or Deone Buccanon. Our safety situation scares me.

I like Calvin Pryor a lot too. He flies around the field throwing his body. It's beautiful, but they've got the rules so screwed up now you can't really do that anymore. I wish we had signed T.J. Ward and been done with this need. I've watched a lot of him as he's on my IDP team. He's a thumper too. The league is aligned against quality thumpers though. :(

I also like Prior a lot, but I don' expect him to be there at #34.

From what I've seen there's a decent chance at him being there.

OK Louisville guy, Morgan Moses, Kyle Van Noy, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Calvin Pryor all available at #34. Who you taking?

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Sat May 03, 2014 11:18 pm

just notice it said "Skins fan since '55... Please add a few "Sirs" to my post Sir. =D>

Postby yupchagee » Sun May 04, 2014 12:54 pm

OK Louisville guy, Morgan Moses, Kyle Van Noy, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Calvin Pryor all available at #34. Who you taking?

Prior. I see Saf as our biggest need.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun May 04, 2014 6:29 pm

yupchagee wrote:

Prior. I see Saf as our biggest need.

I think Pryor is by far the highest rated player of that bunch so it wouldn't be that hard a choice. Really doubt he will last until 34 though.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football