Tanard Jackson Reinstated

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff

Re: Tanard Jackson Reinstated

Postby welch » Tue May 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Wow. So long I don't even remember the guy.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed May 28, 2014 5:56 am

welch wrote:Wow. So long I don't even remember the guy.

It's been a long time since you stole my milk money, too.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu May 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Some questions were asked about him following OTAs:

Gruden on S Tanard Jackson: "He doesn't look like he's been away for two years." Said he's in great shape and "has done a great job."

— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) May 29, 2014

Gruden says Tanard Jackson has been surprisingly sharp--mentality and physically--despite missing two years.

— Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) May 29, 2014

Jay Gruden says Tanard Jackson has done outstanding and is far ahead mentally of whay they thought. .He says it is his last chance.#Redskins

— Chris Russell (@Russellmania980) May 29, 2014
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 29, 2014 3:10 pm

If Tanard Jackson makes this team and helps us at safety this year it would be AMAZING. Is it too much to ask that we have an amazing piece of luck like that this year?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Some questions were asked about him following OTAs:

Gruden on S Tanard Jackson: "He doesn't look like he's been away for two years." Said he's in great shape and "has done a great job."

— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) May 29, 2014

Gruden says Tanard Jackson has been surprisingly sharp--mentality and physically--despite missing two years.

— Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) May 29, 2014

Jay Gruden says Tanard Jackson has done outstanding and is far ahead mentally of whay they thought. .He says it is his last chance.#Redskins

— Chris Russell (@Russellmania980) May 29, 2014

That's great news.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:21 pm

If Brandon M and Ryan C can give us 8 games, I believe we have two guys who will start at Safety the latter part of this year and beyond....Tanard and Phillip T. All of a sudden our DBs look pretty good with Hall, Amerson, Tanard and Thomas as starters. Porter, Minnifield/Crawford, Breeland and Rambo as backups. I'm liking it.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Hearing good things about Thomas coming out of OTAs too. That's excellent news.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri May 30, 2014 5:25 pm

riggofan wrote:Hearing good things about Thomas coming out of OTAs too. That's excellent news.

Can we start a thread thread with this info?? I desperately want to read about the news at camp more than the dead horse name change/ amazing article debacle!!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 am

I am really pulling for Tanard Jackson. I'm hopeful that he's kicked whatever habit he had (I believe it was more than marijuana), is a better family man (presuming that having a habit was preventing him from being a good one in the first place) and is able to translate how grateful he genuinely sounds to be back on the football field into his play.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:21 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
riggofan wrote:Hearing good things about Thomas coming out of OTAs too. That's excellent news.

Can we start a thread thread with this info?? I desperately want to read about the news at camp more than the dead horse name change/ amazing article debacle!!!!

+1

I second this.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Neo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:22 pm

emoses14 wrote:I am really pulling for Tanard Jackson. I'm hopeful that he's kicked whatever habit he had (I believe it was more than marijuana), is a better family man (presuming that having a habit was preventing him from being a good one in the first place) and is able to translate how grateful he genuinely sounds to be back on the football field into his play.

The good news is that he's been stirring up a buzz at camp. Maybe we'll get surprised by a few players this year [-o<
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:20 pm

Neo wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I am really pulling for Tanard Jackson. I'm hopeful that he's kicked whatever habit he had (I believe it was more than marijuana), is a better family man (presuming that having a habit was preventing him from being a good one in the first place) and is able to translate how grateful he genuinely sounds to be back on the football field into his play.

The good news is that he's been stirring up a buzz at camp. Maybe we'll get surprised by a few players this year [-o<

I am hearing the "buzz" too. On espn radio they are talking about how the Redskins are hoping that Tanard can become the starter and for the future. He has been doing well above what was expected of him at this point. They are looking at him for the future.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:31 am

I know we need help in the secondary. I know Tenard was playing Ok before he got suspended.

Yet when I heard the news of Tenard being reinstated I found myself saying "who cares ?". LOL!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm

...and he's suspended again. https://twitter.com/_JakeRussell/status ... 5990061056 #-o

also: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... om-league/

You'd think he learned his lesson the first time... or the second ...or the third ...or
smdh
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Wow, that's incredible and sad.

I'm sure someone will pop up here and say, "What an idiot", but I honestly can't even be mad at this guy. Jackson obviously has a real problem. That's just way bigger than football. Hope he gets the help he needs and can straighten out his life.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football