Tanard Jackson Reinstated

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Tanard Jackson Reinstated

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:54 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Could be wrong about this, but I think I read cocaine/methadone. So, kind of a serious thing if that's the case.

Anyway, it does sound like he has a lot of support from Haslett and Morris. He's certainly got a much better opportunity to turn his life around than a lot of people in his situation might have. It would be great to see him do it as a Redskin this year.

I hope it was, because otherwise, I don't understand a 2 year suspension. I've heard rumblings that he was supposed to be reinstated back in March. Why wait the 2 additional months? Gotta imagine 2 additional months of being involved with the team (not to mention the minicamps just completed) would have helped our planning.

There is no "supposed to be reinstated," they only say the earliest they can apply to be reinstated which just starts the process. Two months is actually pretty reasonable to work through the process.

I think your response presumes that the application to be reinstated began two months ago. I'm not sure that is the case. I don't know when it began, I only saw that it was supposed to have been done (i.e. he be reinstated) back in March. According to WaPo (Link below), he was eligible for reinstatement last August. I can only assume he applied for reinstatement at or around that time. If so, I'm still curious why it took 9 months rather than 7. Especially which 2 months of difference we are talking about.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/05/tanard-jackson-to-be-reinstated-by-nfl/
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 06, 2014 3:55 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Welp, never mind this thread.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 06, 2014 5:01 pm

He's cut. LOL.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:59 pm

He might get resigned as the skins might want to redo his deal. Don't remember how much he signed for 2 years ago, but it might have had too much guaranteed money.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:There is no "supposed to be reinstated," they only say the earliest they can apply to be reinstated which just starts the process. Two months is actually pretty reasonable to work through the process.

Except that he was eligible to be reinstated a year ago. I have to believe this delay is more from the Mara/Goodell bag of dirty tricks.

Tanard should have signed with the Seachickens. In that secondary, he would've served a 1 game suspension, max.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 06, 2014 8:50 pm

:roll: the guy needs to get a grip - any doubt he'll 'claim' he's being picked on - see ya
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue May 06, 2014 11:59 pm

Short lived
After being conditionally reinstated by the NFL, veteran safety Tanard Jackson has been cut by the Redskins.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 07, 2014 12:40 am

If anyone thinks we held on to him this long just to cut him, and he is still starter material needs a reality check. He is either no where near football shape, or we are working a deal that fits the risk... not sure what everyone is getting so worked up about, he hasn't even played one snap in B&G!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed May 07, 2014 7:23 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I hope it was, because otherwise, I don't understand a 2 year suspension. I've heard rumblings that he was supposed to be reinstated back in March. Why wait the 2 additional months? Gotta imagine 2 additional months of being involved with the team (not to mention the minicamps just completed) would have helped our planning.

There is no "supposed to be reinstated," they only say the earliest they can apply to be reinstated which just starts the process. Two months is actually pretty reasonable to work through the process.

Except that he was eligible to be reinstated a year ago. I have to believe this delay is more from the Mara/Goodell bag of dirty tricks.

Fair enough, but as for me I was addressing the statement that he was "supposed to be reinstated back in March." I wasn't validating the March date.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed May 07, 2014 7:28 am

emoses14 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:There is no "supposed to be reinstated," they only say the earliest they can apply to be reinstated which just starts the process. Two months is actually pretty reasonable to work through the process.

I think your response presumes that the application to be reinstated began two months ago. I'm not sure that is the case. I don't know when it began, I only saw that it was supposed to have been done (i.e. he be reinstated) back in March. According to WaPo (Link below), he was eligible for reinstatement last August. I can only assume he applied for reinstatement at or around that time. If so, I'm still curious why it took 9 months rather than 7. Especially which 2 months of difference we are talking about.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/05/tanard-jackson-to-be-reinstated-by-nfl/

From the article: "Jackson was suspended indefinitely by the league in August 2012 for violating the sport’s substance-abuse policy. He has not played for the past two seasons because of the suspension. Jackson initially was eligible for reinstatement last August."

As I said, there is no "supposed" to be reinstated. He was not suspended for a definite period, he was able to apply in August, but the suspension was "indefinite." BTW, the word "March" is nowhere on the link.

As much as I hate Goodell, I don't have a problem with his being slow to re-instate these idiots.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed May 07, 2014 7:33 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If anyone thinks we held on to him this long just to cut him, and he is still starter material needs a reality check. He is either no where near football shape, or we are working a deal that fits the risk... not sure what everyone is getting so worked up about, he hasn't even played one snap in B&G!!!

No idea who these "worked up" people are you're referring to. It's a Redskins board and we're discussing a (now former) Redskin player. I didn't see anyone say he would be a starter, I only saw people, including myself, note that we're desperate at safety and the more options the better. I personally also was concerned about our ability to trust him not to get suspended again even if he did stay and win the job given his proven inability to stay away from drugs for a few years in exchange for being a millionaire.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 07, 2014 9:30 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Except that he was eligible to be reinstated a year ago. I have to believe this delay is more from the Mara/Goodell bag of dirty tricks.

Fair enough, but as for me I was addressing the statement that he was "supposed to be reinstated back in March." I wasn't validating the March date.

I know. I just found it a little too much of a coincidence that this particular player was suspended for an extra year, where previous indefinite suspensions ended after one season, when the player didn't play for a divisional opponent of the vagiants. We'll see how long Blackmon's suspension lasts.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 07, 2014 9:36 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If anyone thinks we held on to him this long just to cut him, and he is still starter material needs a reality check. He is either no where near football shape, or we are working a deal that fits the risk... not sure what everyone is getting so worked up about, he hasn't even played one snap in B&G!!!

No idea who these "worked up" people are you're referring to. It's a Redskins board and we're discussing a (now former) Redskin player. I didn't see anyone say he would be a starter, I only saw people, including myself, note that we're desperate at safety and the more options the better. I personally also was concerned about our ability to trust him not to get suspended again even if he did stay and win the job given his proven inability to stay away from drugs for a few years in exchange for being a millionaire.

Exactly what I was thinking, after reading his post.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed May 07, 2014 9:49 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Except that he was eligible to be reinstated a year ago. I have to believe this delay is more from the Mara/Goodell bag of dirty tricks.

I know. I just found it a little too much of a coincidence that this particular player was suspended for an extra year, where previous indefinite suspensions ended after one season, when the player didn't play for a divisional opponent of the vagiants. We'll see how long Blackmon's suspension lasts.

It's a valid point certainly supported by empirical data

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football