Friday night draft discussion

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby frankcal20 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:46 am

Read on twitter that a scout was noted as saying that he projects out as a center and could has the skills to stay there for a LONG time. My thinking is they bring him in and see how he does. Move Litch back to LG, have Gettis or Lavao & cut Chester ($2.5+M savings). All this is pending if Long can play Center.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat May 10, 2014 9:02 am

Friday was good. Bob's got to be happy.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat May 10, 2014 9:58 am

frankcal20 wrote:Read on twitter that a scout was noted as saying that he projects out as a center and could has the skills to stay there for a LONG time. My thinking is they bring him in and see how he does. Move Litch back to LG, have Gettis or Lavao & cut Chester ($2.5+M savings). All this is pending if Long can play Center.

Trent Williams said in an interview here that Kory is going to play Center. So I doubt a rookie will bump him out of that role. But, we will see. There are a lot of very large men who will be honking around for those jobs--which is a good thing.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:37 am

Countertrey wrote:Friday was good. Bob's got to be happy.

Huge fan of the Moses pick. Not a big fan of the other two, particularly Spencer Long. Seemed like a big reach there. Very reminiscent of the LeRebius pick which hasn't worked out for us at all.
Suck and Luck

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat May 10, 2014 12:23 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Friday was good. Bob's got to be happy.

Huge fan of the Moses pick. Not a big fan of the other two, particularly Spencer Long. Seemed like a big reach there. Very reminiscent of the LeRebius pick which hasn't worked out for us at all.

Actually I am okay with Long. Leribeus became what he was in college...a talented guy with weight problems. His issues here have been exactly the same. We took a risk that he'd come in and turn into more of a dedicated workout guy. He didn't yet.

Long was projected to go higher in the draft, but got injured. So we took more a health risk than a risk on intangibles/development/work ethic. I'm more comfortable with that personally.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat May 10, 2014 3:07 pm

The Hogster wrote:Dangitt Chris Borland just went to the 9ers.

Missed him by one pick!

Postby yupchagee » Sat May 10, 2014 8:14 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Read on twitter that a scout was noted as saying that he projects out as a center and could has the skills to stay there for a LONG time. My thinking is they bring him in and see how he does. Move Litch back to LG, have Gettis or Lavao & cut Chester ($2.5+M savings). All this is pending if Long can play Center.

I doubt if Gettis makes the roster. Kind of light for OG.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football