Friday night draft discussion

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Posts: 14835
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 09, 2014 8:50 pm

The Hogster wrote:If you R E A D it, Dr. Andrews plainly admits that Cyrus' knee is worn down, but he says it's common for men of his size to have worn down knees due to the amount of force, weight etc. Dr. Andrews is refuting Ian Rappaport's report that Cyrus failed physicals at the combine due to a botched surgery to repair a torn ACL and MCL. Which isn't true. He's fine from that. But, he has worn down knees. The kind of wear you see in old people.
The FACT is that what Andrews is saying is that Kouandjio has normal wear and tear... but nice try....
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 09, 2014 8:52 pm

So, I suppose you didn't write this?

The Hogster wrote:Doc Andrews also called RGIII superhuman. He also didn't do the initial surgery that wrecked his knee.


The article clearly says the surgery didn't wreck his knee, but that the wear is typical of a person his size. (The same size as most NFL linemen, BTW) :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14835
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 09, 2014 8:56 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Hogster... you realize that article doesn't support your assertions, don't you?


Reading is fundamental for most of us. Dr. Andrews admits in the article that he has visible wear on his knees and that his poor combine physicals on a numerical scale were due to the degenerative deterioration on his knees. Not the blown surgery as reported. Read first. Talk second. Or do you want me to put crayon around where he says it. I highlighted it in yellow. But magic marker might work better. Let me know.
I'm reminding you that personal attacks are not permitted in this forum ( do I need to walk you through the terms of use?)... I read your highlights... and will note that, while not important to those whom are twisting evidence to fit their own facts, context counts. Unfortunately, I read the entire article, and (being a health professional with experience in orthopaedics) am fully aware of the ENTIRE intent of Dr Andrews memo. Knock off the infantile digs or take it to smack. You want to debate? Debate.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

What in that article disagrees with CT's point?




No. Not "normal" "common" common for someone whose been lumbering around with 300+ lbs on his knees and who blew an ACL and MCL. Which is why he says "it's unfortunate" but it's common. Normal isn't unfortunate. There's a reason why he fell to the 2nd round. He works for Alabama. They want to get players drafted. But, even he didn't lie about the wear on his knees. GM's know this which is why he didn't go 1st round.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Hogster... you realize that article doesn't support your assertions, don't you?


Reading is fundamental for most of us. Dr. Andrews admits in the article that he has visible wear on his knees and that his poor combine physicals on a numerical scale were due to the degenerative deterioration on his knees. Not the blown surgery as reported. Read first. Talk second. Or do you want me to put crayon around where he says it. I highlighted it in yellow. But magic marker might work better. Let me know.
I'm reminding you that personal attacks are not permitted in this forum ( do I need to walk you through the terms of use?)... I read your highlights... and will note that, while not important to those whom are twisting evidence to fit their own facts, context counts. Unfortunately, I read the entire article, and (being a health professional with experience in orthopaedics) am fully aware of the ENTIRE intent of Dr Andrews memo. Knock off the infantile digs or take it to smack. You want to debate? Debate.



I've been here for almost 10 years. I know the rules. You just get all rattled when I respond to your antagonizing posts which occur quite frequently. Some might call it trolling...I just think it's kinda your thing. But whatever.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 602
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby oneman56 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 pm

to support Hogsters claim...i agree on this one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... nee-health


this, from Alabama's trainer.

"There's no question, with his knee, that is something that's going to have to be paid attention and dealt with, with the understanding at times it may limit him," Allen said. "At times, I'm talking about down the road, 5-6 years down the road, not this year."

the 'mudge
Posts: 14835
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

What in that article disagrees with CT's point?




No. Not "normal" "common" common for someone whose been lumbering around with 300+ lbs on his knees and who blew an ACL and MCL. Which is why he says "it's unfortunate" but it's common. Normal isn't unfortunate. There's a reason why he fell to the 2nd round. He works for Alabama. They want to get players drafted. But, even he didn't lie about the wear on his knees. GM's know this which is why he didn't go 1st round.


Quibbling will get you kicked out of many honorable colleges... but, quibble away...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm

oneman56 wrote:to support Hogsters claim...i agree on this one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... nee-health


this, from Alabama's trainer.

"There's no question, with his knee, that is something that's going to have to be paid attention and dealt with, with the understanding at times it may limit him," Allen said. "At times, I'm talking about down the road, 5-6 years down the road, not this year."


Thank you. Someone else has actually read this information and knows I'm not making it up. As if I would even want to. For whatever reason.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 09, 2014 9:05 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

What in that article disagrees with CT's point?




No. Not "normal" "common" common for someone whose been lumbering around with 300+ lbs on his knees and who blew an ACL and MCL. Which is why he says "it's unfortunate" but it's common. Normal isn't unfortunate. There's a reason why he fell to the 2nd round. He works for Alabama. They want to get players drafted. But, even he didn't lie about the wear on his knees. GM's know this which is why he didn't go 1st round.

Please! You say reading is fundamental, but then you didn't even read the entire article. If you had, you wouldn't have missed this:

Andrews said the "wear patterns" on the knee are similar to what was shown on X-rays of Kouandjio's knee upon his arrival at Alabama, even before the surgery performed in his freshman year.

The entire article is about how the surgery has nothing to do with the wear on his knee.
Last edited by Deadskins on Fri May 09, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 602
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby oneman56 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:07 pm

The Hogster wrote:
oneman56 wrote:to support Hogsters claim...i agree on this one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... nee-health


this, from Alabama's trainer.

"There's no question, with his knee, that is something that's going to have to be paid attention and dealt with, with the understanding at times it may limit him," Allen said. "At times, I'm talking about down the road, 5-6 years down the road, not this year."


Thank you. Someone else has actually read this information and knows I'm not making it up. As if I would even want to. For whatever reason.



Personally, i'm glad we passed on him. The bit from his own trainer is concerning to me and he's one tweak or gasp, injury, away from worsening it. Every player is an injury away but this kid may not recover from any additional damage, he may not last long as it is anyways. I wish the kid the best and hope he has a long successful career but i wouldn't have been willing to put a 2nd round pick on it.

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:08 pm

^^^ Oh the irony. Even Mike Mayock reported that several GMs he spoke to took him all the way off their boards for a medical issue. But, let's listen to the Dr. hired by the University to cover the University's doctor, but who himself admits that the dude's knees are like bald tires---but it's not because of the surgery.

It's like a drunk guy saying something dumb, and his wife saying. It's not because he's drunk...He's always been dumb.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

||||||
Posts: 1887
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 2:55 pm
Location: Below the Appalachian Trail

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby EA7649 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Morgan is a great pick for where he was picked. I would rather have he has the tools to be a starter. I would personally rather have a player who isn't injury prone and believe CSNwashington article was saying James Andrews was saying Cyrus has 5 years in him to play with his injury.

I was kind of wanting Morgan with our 2nd round pick.

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:10 pm

oneman56 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
oneman56 wrote:to support Hogsters claim...i agree on this one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... nee-health


this, from Alabama's trainer.

"There's no question, with his knee, that is something that's going to have to be paid attention and dealt with, with the understanding at times it may limit him," Allen said. "At times, I'm talking about down the road, 5-6 years down the road, not this year."


Thank you. Someone else has actually read this information and knows I'm not making it up. As if I would even want to. For whatever reason.



Personally, i'm glad we passed on him. The bit from his own trainer is concerning to me and he's one tweak or gasp, injury, away from worsening it. Every player is an injury away but this kid may not recover from any additional damage, he may not last long as it is anyways. I wish the kid the best and hope he has a long successful career but i wouldn't have been willing to put a 2nd round pick on it.


+1 You, me and every single GM who passed on him at least once. Everyone except CT and DS.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Dangitt Chris Borland just went to the 9ers.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 09, 2014 9:13 pm

On the clock, yet again, thanks to the Pies.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football