Friday night draft discussion

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Re: Friday night draft discussion

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 pm

The Hogster wrote:You, me and every single GM who passed on him at least once. Everyone except CT and DS.

I never said I would have picked him. I simply pointed out that the article you posted totally flew in the face of the argument you were making. And as usual, you can't admit it when you are called on something you have wrong, and even get condescending in your attemps to deflect attention from your error.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 pm

Can we start an "aging knee thread," and get back on topic? I'm at the gym and reading your banter has been fun but I'd prefer a link to Morgan's highlights if that's not to much to ask?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri May 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Spencer Long, G, Nebraska
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2014): 3-5.
5/7/14: Long played well for Nebraska in 2013 before going down with a torn ACL. The senior could be a steal in the 2014 NFL Draft, as he was a potential top-100 selection before the injury. Long didn't work out at the Combine. A number of teams brought in him on pre-draft visits.

8/8/13: Long was solid for Nebraska in 2012 with improved pass protection. He was a tough run-blocker who had a lot of success opening up holes in the ground game.

The former walk-on was an All-Big Ten performer in a breakout sophomore season in 2011. He was a leader on a Cornhuskers' line that averaged 217 yards per game in 2012. Long did a very good job opening up holes for running back Rex Burkhead and quarterback Taylor Martinez.

Long has some mobility and added strength over the past year. If the senior comes through with an impressive 2013, he should move up higher on the second day of the 2014 NFL Draft.

Personal: Biological sciences major. Son of Doug and Ann Long. Spencer Long has won a lot of academic awards during his time at Nebraska.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:24 pm

I never said I would have picked him. I simply pointed out that the article you posted totally flew in the face of the argument you were making. And as usual, you can't admit it when you are called on something you have wrong, and even get condescending in your attemps to deflect attention from your error.

Because I'm not wrong. You and CT just didn't know what several of us did about Cyrus' knee. Bottom line is there is a concern there and even Andrews notes it. The fact that he's on Alabama's payroll, and several teams passed leads some of us to recognize fire beneath the smoke. But, you two are so busy trying to catch me up that you totally ignore facts that most of us have just to be sticklers on minutia.

Are his knees 68 year old knees? no Is there concern that he's going to break down much faster than usual? ABSOLUTELY.

PASS
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:28 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Can we start an "aging knee thread," and get back on topic? I'm at the gym and reading your banter has been fun but I'd prefer a link to Morgan's highlights if that's not to much to ask?

Morgan Moses Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3bzjkeCaWI

I wasn't a huge fan of him, but he doesn't have OLD KNEES!!!! LOL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Way to delete that post asking who Mogan was Countertrey...maybe if you weren't arguing in favor of Cyrus The Knee you would have noticed that we drafted another 6'5 330lb Right Tackle who DOESN'T HAVE BUM KNEES!!!!

=D>
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Fri May 09, 2014 9:34 pm

this is why I stopped coming here. you guys are usually more into having a pissing contest than an interesting discussion. waste for the rest of us, why don't you all just call each other and save us the time.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:38 pm

funbuncher wrote:this is why I stopped coming here. you guys are usually more into having a pissing contest than an interesting discussion. waste for the rest of us, why don't you all just call each other and save us the time.

Grab a tissue dude. Why don't you add something to the discussion rather than complaining about it.

I just posted a video of Moses' highlights.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 pm

funbuncher wrote:this is why I stopped coming here. you guys are usually more into having a pissing contest than an interesting discussion. waste for the rest of us, why don't you all just call each other and save us the time.

I gr t what ur saying but that's a little extreme.. we all have different personalities and clash is to be expected especially over the internet. I dig your SN tho, I hope you stick around! This is a good group of skins fans, in the heat of the moment we all have been guilty of bowing out when enough is enough Ya know?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 pm

The Hogster wrote:

Because I'm not wrong. You and CT just didn't know what several of us did about Cyrus' knee. Bottom line is there is a concern there and even Andrews notes it. The fact that he's on Alabama's payroll, and several teams passed leads some of us to recognize fire beneath the smoke. But, you two are so busy trying to catch me up that you totally ignore facts that most of us have just to be sticklers on minutia.

Are his knees 68 year old knees? no Is there concern that he's going to break down much faster than usual? ABSOLUTELY.

PASS

What facts am I totally ignoring? I knew about his knee. And teams passing means absolutely nothing. If you want to get technical about it, more teams passed on Morgan than did Cyrus. According to your logic, that means Morgan is a lesser player. No, you said one thing, then tried to back it up, with an article that refuted what you said. Then you said that's what you were saying all along, and that anyone who noticed is ignorant and doesn't know what they are talking about.
Last edited by Deadskins on Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Fri May 09, 2014 9:41 pm

ive been talking DRAFT on your board all week smart guy, with no one interested. guess I should have launched an attack on someone if I wanted a discussion. :roll:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 pm

I didn't ask to get flamed. But, my question is why come here at all just to complain about the discussion. I mean, THAT was his post. A complaint. He posted what he's complaining about. LOL He made no comment on any of the 3 players we drafted. Or who we might take in the 4th.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 09, 2014 9:43 pm

funbuncher wrote:ive been talking DRAFT on your board all week smart guy, with no one interested. guess I should have launched an attack on someone if I wanted a discussion. :roll:

You've also been a member here 3 years longer than him. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 09, 2014 9:43 pm

funbuncher wrote:ive been talking DRAFT on your board all week smart guy, with no one interested. guess I should have launched an attack on someone if I wanted a discussion. :roll:

That was all week. We're here now....and what do you do? Swing and a miss...
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Neo » Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Are there any solid CBs or Safeties still on the board?

For the most part, I'm not too familiar with this draft class (w/ the exception of a few players).
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football