Satisfied with our Draft Selections...?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: Satisfied with our Draft Selections...?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 12, 2014 4:37 pm

This isn't another rebuilding year at all..
We have made enough moves to compete for the division title...

While we were indeed last and a measly 3-13... we also won the division tho year prior.

Dc is all about winning now, and this is a stronger team/ coaching personnel than we had two years ago.. So having high expectations is founded and I think the FO does as well
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:14 pm

There's talent there to take the division but at the same time there is a grace period for a new coaching staff & a new offense being put in place. Defense, i have a feeling, will look a lot different and probably look a lot more similar to what we saw towards the end of last year when the DC was allowed to run things how he wanted to and be more aggressive.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon May 12, 2014 5:22 pm

I don't expect to make a super bowl run this year, but I certainly wouldn't be going into the season looking at it as some sort of rebuilding year. We're not in an exceptionally tough division right now.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon May 12, 2014 8:11 pm

riggofan wrote:Yeah, believe me, I'm not outraged about the kicker pick or anything. Its a 7th round pick. It just struck me as kind of a head scratcher since we have Forbath, and its hard to imagine that we would carry two kickers on the roster. Its hard to understand exactly what they might have in mind with that pick.

Maybe we keep Forbath just for PATs and FGs...? The other guy does punts and KOs
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon May 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Satisfied?
I haven't been satisfied since we last won a superbowl, so I'll answer this when the season is over.
:mrgreen:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 13, 2014 2:19 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Satisfied?
I haven't been satisfied since we last won a superbowl, so I'll answer this when the season is over.
:mrgreen:

Ya money!!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 13, 2014 11:42 am

SkinsJock wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:I don't want to hear that "this is a growth year." We have to tools to compete and I would be very upset if we are not in the division race come the beginning of December.

I understand not wanting to call it anything but a legit shot at winning the NFC East but you're drinking something or smoking something if you think at this time that this franchise is anything but a work in progress after going 3-13 last season and following 2 seasons of cap hell

I actually am very hopeful about the new HC and how hard is it to envision a much better offensive unit with Robert - this kid is going to prove he's a future great

However, our record under a decent NFL coach the past few years has not exactly been stellar and now we have a new HC in charge - let's let him get comfortable first

I agree, we do have some good players here but having them all of a sudden become a cohesive unit is just wishful thinking IMO

There's no reason why we can't compete for the NFC East title this year. Our competition is just not that good.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 13, 2014 12:23 pm

considering how much needs to be done here from what we saw last year and with a new staff coming in, I am still hopeful

I do not think we're re-building but we are trying to put together a team and we are averaging about 6 wins a season with a decent HC for the last 4 seasons

I do not look for a bad performance from these guys but I do not think we're going to just suddenly become good enough to win the division this season
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 13, 2014 12:27 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeah, believe me, I'm not outraged about the kicker pick or anything. Its a 7th round pick. It just struck me as kind of a head scratcher since we have Forbath, and its hard to imagine that we would carry two kickers on the roster. Its hard to understand exactly what they might have in mind with that pick.

Maybe we keep Forbath just for PATs and FGs...? The other guy does punts and KOs

Nice thought! That would be a surprise but a huge win if the team pulled it off. We've suffered for so long with bad kickers. I like that Forbath has been so consistent with his FGs and PATs, but he kind of killed us with the KOs last season.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I do not look for a bad performance from these guys but I do not think we're going to just suddenly become good enough to win the division this season

I don't know man. I agree with how you're looking at the team realistically, but as you pointed out there were some big reasons that contributed to being 3-13 last year. RGIII's recovery from the ACL and the cap penalty. We don't have the penalty this year, so we had cap space to address holes that we couldn't last year. We'll have to see about Griffin, but I'm at least optimistic that he will be better than last year.

My point is that I don't think it would be that big or that surprising a leap to go from 3-13 to like 9-7 or 10-6 and compete for the division.

We're also not just "suddenly becoming good enough to win the division". We won the division just a season ago (and we did it with a weaker roster than we currently have IMO).

Every other team in the division has their own set of problems to deal with. I think the Cowboys are in far worse shape than we are going into the season. The Giants still don't have Eli Manning back from injury among other things. The Eagles, well, we will see if they can duplicate last year without DJax. They're the team to beat right now, no doubt.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Skinsjock you do know that we did win the division two years ago right? We also have a very awful Cowgirls and transitioning Giants team in our division. The E-girls are the only one who should provide us some competition in the division, and I'm not too scared of what they have to offer. Enough with this grace period for new coaches. I see new coaches turn around teams with bad records the year before all the time (Andy Reid most recently). There's no reason we can't do it here. There is no grace period anymore, especially for us, who seem to change head coaches more than I change my underwear.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 13, 2014 5:47 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Skinsjock you do know that we did win the division two years ago right? We also have a very awful Cowgirls and transitioning Giants team in our division. The E-girls are the only one who should provide us some competition in the division, and I'm not too scared of what they have to offer. Enough with this grace period for new coaches. I see new coaches turn around teams with bad records the year before all the time (Andy Reid most recently). There's no reason we can't do it here. There is no grace period anymore, especially for us, who seem to change head coaches more than I change my underwear.

Um... gross.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 13, 2014 6:55 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Skinsjock you do know that we did win the division two years ago right? We also have a very awful Cowgirls and transitioning Giants team in our division. The E-girls are the only one who should provide us some competition in the division, and I'm not too scared of what they have to offer. Enough with this grace period for new coaches. I see new coaches turn around teams with bad records the year before all the time (Andy Reid most recently). There's no reason we can't do it here. There is no grace period anymore, especially for us, who seem to change head coaches more than I change my underwear.

Um... gross.
I have to agree ck... that's an average of once every 3 years...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 am

Countertrey wrote:

Um... gross.

.. unless u count the bingo caller as twice in one year? Still... at least double that would be the hygienic minimum!! Lmao

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed May 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Um... gross.

.. unless u count the bingo caller as twice in one year? Still... at least double that would be the hygienic minimum!! Lmao

You are a generous man, ck... :hail: I bow to your wisdom
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football