Zach Hocker - Kicker

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Zach Hocker - Kicker

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:47 pm

riggofan wrote:Anybody have a clue what the team will do on Hocker v. Forbath? I sure as heck don't.

Bummed that Hocker missed that FG last night. I really appreciate that Kai has been a reliable kicker for us, but his kickoffs drive me crazy.

I'm worried that Gruden will go with Kai on the basis of that miss. :( I haven't seen them in camp, but from the games I am 100% for Hocker.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:49 pm

riggofan wrote:Anybody have a clue what the team will do on Hocker v. Forbath? I sure as heck don't.

Bummed that Hocker missed that FG last night. I really appreciate that Kai has been a reliable kicker for us, but his kickoffs drive me crazy.

I kind of hoped that Hocker would either make the squad or at least make Forbath find a way to get more air time on his kickoffs

I like having a reliable FG kicker and Forbath has shown that ... HOWEVER ... until last night I felt sure that Hocker would be the kicker

UPDATE - Hocker has been cut

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ilas-redd/
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:53 am

I have no worries about Forbath's reliability kicking FG's and EP's... but I guess we get to look forward to another year of fun opposing kick-off returns and out of bounds KO's.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 am

Countertrey wrote:I have no worries about Forbath's reliability kicking FG's and EP's... but I guess we get to look forward to another year of fun opposing kick-off returns and out of bounds KO's.

I like his reliability but the KO's have to get better or he will not be here
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Why?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:I have no worries about Forbath's reliability kicking FG's and EP's... but I guess we get to look forward to another year of fun opposing kick-off returns and out of bounds KO's.

:x

#NFS
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 am

I like Forbath but I think that he will not be here long if his KO's don't get better ...

I would not be surprised to see Hocker stay on the practice squad as 'insurance'

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I like Forbath but I think that he will not be here long if his KO's don't get better ...

I would not be surprised to see Hocker stay on the practice squad as 'insurance'
More likely that we are dealing with another David Akers...#-o ... but, it is what it is...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

Sucks...I don't doubt Forbath's ability on making FG's...but I hate having to sit through another year of our kicker kicking the ball to the ten on a kick off.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:32 am

Since no one replied to my wishful thread to pick up Matt Prater I removed it, maybe because no sources, idk. I think we should pick him up and he can kick it into the end zone that could help the special teams deficiency

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:29 am

We haven't had a kicker since Loehmiller and its time we invested in a good one. I keep reminding myself that the offense scores points but kickers win the game. You have an 'Nth' round kicker, you'll have a loosing record.
When was the last time we had a kicker good enough to make commercials?
Molon Labe

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:03 pm

EA7649 wrote:Since no one replied to my wishful thread to pick up Matt Prater I removed it, maybe because no sources, idk. I think we should pick him up and he can kick it into the end zone that could help the special teams deficiency

I saw it. Then I checked on Hocker. I'd like to have him and I think he's available. Henery just crashed and burned in Detroit.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:28 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Since no one replied to my wishful thread to pick up Matt Prater I removed it, maybe because no sources, idk. I think we should pick him up and he can kick it into the end zone that could help the special teams deficiency

I saw it. Then I checked on Hocker. I'd like to have him and I think he's available. Henery just crashed and burned in Detroit.

Yeah I was about to comment Detroit has more of a need for Prater. That's unfortunate, I'd rather have a better kicker and one that can kick it into the end zone.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11653 ... iss-sunday

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:11 am

EA7649 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

Yeah I was about to comment Detroit has more of a need for Prater. That's unfortunate, I'd rather have a better kicker and one that can kick it into the end zone.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11653 ... iss-sunday

Then let's re-sign the Groza award winner we drafted. We were POOCHING last night. We gave up 100 yards in field position on kickoffs and another 100 from the resulting chain reaction.

;furious; :hmm: -drinking :puke:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:01 am

DarthMonk wrote:Then let's re-sign the Groza award winner we drafted. We were POOCHING last night. We gave up 100 yards in field position on kickoffs and another 100 from the resulting chain reaction.

;furious; :hmm: -drinking :puke:

Yeah that was ridiculous. I don't understand that at all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football