Zach Hocker - Kicker

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Zach Hocker - Kicker

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:47 pm

riggofan wrote:Anybody have a clue what the team will do on Hocker v. Forbath? I sure as heck don't.

Bummed that Hocker missed that FG last night. I really appreciate that Kai has been a reliable kicker for us, but his kickoffs drive me crazy.

I'm worried that Gruden will go with Kai on the basis of that miss. :( I haven't seen them in camp, but from the games I am 100% for Hocker.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:49 pm

riggofan wrote:Anybody have a clue what the team will do on Hocker v. Forbath? I sure as heck don't.

Bummed that Hocker missed that FG last night. I really appreciate that Kai has been a reliable kicker for us, but his kickoffs drive me crazy.

I kind of hoped that Hocker would either make the squad or at least make Forbath find a way to get more air time on his kickoffs

I like having a reliable FG kicker and Forbath has shown that ... HOWEVER ... until last night I felt sure that Hocker would be the kicker

UPDATE - Hocker has been cut

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ilas-redd/
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:53 am

I have no worries about Forbath's reliability kicking FG's and EP's... but I guess we get to look forward to another year of fun opposing kick-off returns and out of bounds KO's.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 am

Countertrey wrote:I have no worries about Forbath's reliability kicking FG's and EP's... but I guess we get to look forward to another year of fun opposing kick-off returns and out of bounds KO's.

I like his reliability but the KO's have to get better or he will not be here
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Why?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:I have no worries about Forbath's reliability kicking FG's and EP's... but I guess we get to look forward to another year of fun opposing kick-off returns and out of bounds KO's.

:x

#NFS
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 am

I like Forbath but I think that he will not be here long if his KO's don't get better ...

I would not be surprised to see Hocker stay on the practice squad as 'insurance'

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I like Forbath but I think that he will not be here long if his KO's don't get better ...

I would not be surprised to see Hocker stay on the practice squad as 'insurance'
More likely that we are dealing with another David Akers...#-o ... but, it is what it is...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 am

Sucks...I don't doubt Forbath's ability on making FG's...but I hate having to sit through another year of our kicker kicking the ball to the ten on a kick off.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:32 am

Since no one replied to my wishful thread to pick up Matt Prater I removed it, maybe because no sources, idk. I think we should pick him up and he can kick it into the end zone that could help the special teams deficiency

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:29 am

We haven't had a kicker since Loehmiller and its time we invested in a good one. I keep reminding myself that the offense scores points but kickers win the game. You have an 'Nth' round kicker, you'll have a loosing record.
When was the last time we had a kicker good enough to make commercials?
Molon Labe

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:03 pm

EA7649 wrote:Since no one replied to my wishful thread to pick up Matt Prater I removed it, maybe because no sources, idk. I think we should pick him up and he can kick it into the end zone that could help the special teams deficiency

I saw it. Then I checked on Hocker. I'd like to have him and I think he's available. Henery just crashed and burned in Detroit.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:28 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Since no one replied to my wishful thread to pick up Matt Prater I removed it, maybe because no sources, idk. I think we should pick him up and he can kick it into the end zone that could help the special teams deficiency

I saw it. Then I checked on Hocker. I'd like to have him and I think he's available. Henery just crashed and burned in Detroit.

Yeah I was about to comment Detroit has more of a need for Prater. That's unfortunate, I'd rather have a better kicker and one that can kick it into the end zone.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11653 ... iss-sunday

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:11 am

EA7649 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

Yeah I was about to comment Detroit has more of a need for Prater. That's unfortunate, I'd rather have a better kicker and one that can kick it into the end zone.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11653 ... iss-sunday

Then let's re-sign the Groza award winner we drafted. We were POOCHING last night. We gave up 100 yards in field position on kickoffs and another 100 from the resulting chain reaction.

;furious; :hmm: -drinking :puke:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:01 am

DarthMonk wrote:Then let's re-sign the Groza award winner we drafted. We were POOCHING last night. We gave up 100 yards in field position on kickoffs and another 100 from the resulting chain reaction.

;furious; :hmm: -drinking :puke:

Yeah that was ridiculous. I don't understand that at all.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football