Redskins and Patriots Discussing Joint Practices

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Redskins and Patriots Discussing Joint Practices

Postby Neo » Sun May 18, 2014 3:10 pm

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsbl ... -practices

Tom Brady could be coming to Richmond this summer.

Brady’s Patriots open the preseason against the Redskins at FedEx Field on August 7. According to a report, Bill Belichick and Jay Gruden have had discussions about having one or more joint practices at the team’s year-old training facility in Richmond prior to that meeting.

New England has done this regularly in recent seasons. Belichick likes the idea of going up against another team during training camp in part due to the tightened restrictions placed on practices in the collective bargaining agreement that went into effect in 2011.

The Redskins did not conduct any joint practices during the last four years, when Mike Shanahan was the head coach. In years prior to that they held some joint workouts with the Baltimore Ravens, usually in the teams’ stadiums.

Gruden was the offensive coordinator for the Bengals last year and they conducted joint practices with the Falcons prior to their game last August. Apparently he thought the experience was valuable and would like to continue it as head coach.

It’s important to note that this is still in the discussion phase. They will need to decide soon, however, as training camp schedules need to be finalized soon.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football