Post Draft NFC East Projections

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4406
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby riggofan » Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The Redskins could win the NFC East but not because they are better than the other 3 teams but because all of the teams have big question marks

I think we're better than the other three. I'll be disappointed if we don't control our own destiny in the division come December.


I agree. I think we're at least as good as the other three teams in the NFC East if not better. I'm not really sure what SkinsJock is talking about with that comment. We could somehow win the division, but at the same time not be better than the other three teams in the division? How would that work exactly?

Here's a serious question for you. If you could take any of the four QBs in the NFC East this season, which one would you take?

CKRGiii
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Now whats the serious question???
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby Deadskins » Sun May 25, 2014 3:12 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Now whats the serious question???

Seriously!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13052
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby SkinsJock » Sun May 25, 2014 4:03 pm

as someone once posted "it's more like a real possibility" ... :lol:

I think it's possible but it's not as likely as some here think is all - we have improved, but we have a ways to go


we shall see :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4406
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby riggofan » Tue May 27, 2014 11:00 am

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Now whats the serious question???

Seriously!


LMAO.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4406
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby riggofan » Tue May 27, 2014 11:02 am

SkinsJock wrote:as someone once posted "it's more like a real possibility" ... :lol:

I think it's possible but it's not as likely as some here think is all - we have improved, but we have a ways to go



hahah. I think you are saying its a real possibility. :)

No doubt you're 100% correct that "we have improved, but we have a ways to go".

CKRGiii
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 28, 2014 12:28 am

Anyone still think Dullass isnt in the basement after losing not just Miles Austin but depleting their pass rush losing Ware (Denver) and Hatcher (HTTR), but now they have lost the very best player on their roster and the heart and soul of their D.. doubt me? Look at their stats with Sean Lee vs w out. I'm almost NOT jumping for joy seeing him receive help off the field after tearing his acl.. having mine completely torn I feel his pain and I really do like the guy as a player. HOWEVER, being a puke trumps all and I'm glad RGiii won't have to keep an eye out for him twice this year!!! :twisted:

HTTR!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4406
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby riggofan » Wed May 28, 2014 8:23 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Anyone still think Dullass isnt in the basement after losing not just Miles Austin but depleting their pass rush losing Ware (Denver) and Hatcher (HTTR), but now they have lost the very best player on their roster and the heart and soul of their D.. doubt me? Look at their stats with Sean Lee vs w out. I'm almost NOT jumping for joy seeing him receive help off the field after tearing his acl.. having mine completely torn I feel his pain and I really do like the guy as a player. HOWEVER, being a puke trumps all and I'm glad RGiii won't have to keep an eye out for him twice this year!!! :twisted:

HTTR!


No doubt, man. The Cowboys are a freaking mess. But I guarantee you when the "experts" release the preseason power rankings in two months, they will still be rated above Washington.

Sean Lee is a beast. I hate to see a guy like that injured, especially losing an entire season in MAY.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6325
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed May 28, 2014 8:41 am

I did the realistic thing last year and it gave me a migraine.
This year i'm going back to what I know best.. kind of..
Skins Superbowl Champs again. (and again as I say quite often)
Smeagles, Gnats, Cows.. on the couch watching us.
That's my NFC East Projections.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14325
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby Countertrey » Wed May 28, 2014 9:50 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:I did the realistic thing last year and it gave me a migraine.
This year i'm going back to what I know best.. kind of..
Skins Superbowl Champs again. (and again as I say quite often)
Smeagles, Gnats, Cows.. on the couch watching us.
That's my NFC East Projections.


YOU'RE BACK!!! Thank God... I was so worried about you! :moon:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:I did the realistic thing last year and it gave me a migraine.
This year i'm going back to what I know best.. kind of..
Skins Superbowl Champs again. (and again as I say quite often)
Smeagles, Gnats, Cows.. on the couch watching us.
That's my NFC East Projections.


YOU'RE BACK!!! Thank God... I was so worried about you! :moon:

You didn't hear? They recently legalized marijuana in CO... I imagine that's quite a drive frown D.C.... and I'm sure it took a lot of courage for LPJ to leave!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

|||
Posts: 4306
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:31 am

Every team in the division knows RG3s play and health will determine who wins this division.

I have to think that the additions made through the draft will improve our Oline. So I expect a huge year from Alf and the whole running game. RG3 is now healthy as well and can focus on the playbook rather then his knee.

Additions on defense has to improve this defense. I think its an impossibility for our defense to play any worse then they did last year.

I also believe every team in our division has gotten worse. Especially the pukes. The Pukes lost DWare who was the emotional leader. The lost Hatcher to us and lost Sean Lee to injury. I believe the Eagles will give us the toughest time. But we still are better overall then all the teams in our division.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

#14
Posts: 4263
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby yupchagee » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:09 pm

I think I'm being realistic when I say that we won the NFC east in '12. If we get the '12 version of RGIII, I se know reason we can't win this year.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

08 Champ
Posts: 13052
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The Redskins could win the NFC East but not because they are better than the other 3 teams but because all of the teams have big question marks

I think we're better than the other three. I'll be disappointed if we don't control our own destiny in the division come December.


We're coming of a 3 win season - getting to the top of our division is not going to be easy - we have always looked really good to many here in the off season

I'll be thrilled if we win 9 games - we shall see who has a better perspective on this from this far out and before we really have anything to go on :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Location: Southern Maryland

Re: Post Draft NFC East Projections

Postby Neo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:50 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The Redskins could win the NFC East but not because they are better than the other 3 teams but because all of the teams have big question marks

I think we're better than the other three. I'll be disappointed if we don't control our own destiny in the division come December.


We're coming of a 3 win season - getting to the top of our division is not going to be easy - we have always looked really good to many here in the off season

I'll be thrilled if we win 9 games - we shall see who has a better perspective on this from this far out and before we really have anything to go on :twisted:


True, but we saw how much of a difference one person could make when RG3 arrived in 2012. I'm believing the reports that he's back in 2012 form.

Not to mention, we made some really nice additions that I'm confident will be upgrades.

I'm not saying we're gonna win the Super Bowl........but I'm thinking it :lol:
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football