Respect The Name

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Respect The Name

Postby redskins73 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi all...I saw this on FB and thought I would share with everyone!!! Enjoy!
You can get it here Respect The Name

CKRGiii

Re: Respect The Name

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:53 pm

I usually don't support ads or self prmotion on this forum.. but it's a pretty honorable phrase.. even if it is to turn a profit, I can dig it. Glws
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby redskins73 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:16 pm

I have to agree with you...but I do like the shirt, had to get one! :D

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:20 pm

Curious.. is there anyone here who is in support of the name change? Like, did you ALWAYS think the name should've been changed or are you just going with the flow? If you were ALWAYS in support of the name change, how can you even be a fan?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Patent office didn’t receive a single public complaint before stripping Redskins trademark

"the agency doesn’t have any record of correspondence from the public about the Redskins‘ name — expressing sentiments one way or another — prior to the board’s June 18 ruling."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/1/redskins-name-drew-no-public-complaints-patent-off/
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:42 am

GibbSkins wrote:Patent office didn’t receive a single public complaint before stripping Redskins trademark

"the agency doesn’t have any record of correspondence from the public about the Redskins‘ name — expressing sentiments one way or another — prior to the board’s June 18 ruling."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/1/redskins-name-drew-no-public-complaints-patent-off/

hah. I don't see why you believe this is some kind of aha! story. What person out there sees something they don't like and thinks, "Hey! I need to write a letter to the freaking PATENT OFFICE about that!" The PTO isn't exactly the complaint department.

I would never have thought in a million years that the PTO would have anything to do with the Redskins name. The only reason they're even involved is because the anti-name people are trying to force the team's hand by having them lose the trademark.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:45 am

I thought these were interesting comments from Vinny about Snyder and the name:

“I know Dan Snyder very well,” Cerrato said. “And he is fighting this, and he’s against this, and he doesn’t believe what people are saying, . . . It goes back to his childhood. It goes back to his dad. It is deep with him, why that name means so much. And then with Bruce Allen, his dad was the coach, so it means something to him. So I think they will fight it to the end, and Dan has made those comments, . .

Good point about their fathers. I don't doubt a lot of people feel that way.

“It’s not about the money,” Cerrato said. “Dan’s got a ton of money. He’ll fight this. I said this when this first started a year ago or whatever, I said the only way I see him eventually changing the name is if — IF — he gets a new stadium out of it, downtown, where old RFK was. And he builds a stadium bigger than [Jerry Jones's], which he would do, bigger and better than Jerry’s. He gets a Super Bowl. All that. I said that’s the way that maybe he would change the name. Getting the property, getting the land, getting a good deal from the city to make concessions to change the name.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football