Ryan Grant

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
||||||

Ryan Grant

Postby EA7649 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Well the coach has been very impressed with Grant. For him to say, stuff he is seeing is something he has never seen out of a rookie. That's something! Bengals had a pretty good rookie WR or so... http://www.csnwashington.com/video_cont ... 3-vs-brady Its in one of the clips.

||||||

Re: Ryan Grant

Postby EA7649 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:39 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... his-years/

More good info! Roberts imo isn't as needed now. Cut him? He is owned a chunk of money and RG3 will have to be paid more soon

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Robert was pretty up on him as well...
1. Garçon
2. Djax
3. Roberts
4. Moss
5. Grant?
6. Hanktime(ir) gives Aldrick time to show consistency and fend Hank off

Bubble being Hoffman, Robinson, and the other camp heads...
I don't see why we can't keep all 5 at the very least. If Roberts falls flat on teams and his rookie counterpart out shines him then Grant steals time from him that simple... next year they can make the choice but as of now I'd say Roberts is a lock- jus my $0.02
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:15 am

Fun fact: RG3 could very well throw a TD to.. RG3 this year!

Ryan Grant iii- he is also the third to carry the name
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:10 am

Reading nothing but good things about Ryan Grant so far. Here's what Tandler wrote yesterday:

If you’ve done your 53-man roster projection and rookie wide receiver Ryan Gran isn’t on it, tear it up and start again. You’re doing it wrong. In one on one work against Patriots cornerback Justin Green from about the 10 yard line, Grant went down and in and Green had him covered. But Grant curled back around and broke wide open. Many receivers who have been around for years can’t execute that route.

http://realredskins.com/2014/08/05/reds ... his-years/

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 am

EA7649 wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/08/03/redskins-rookie-receiver-ryan-grant-plays-beyond-his-years/

More good info! Roberts imo isn't as needed now. Cut him? He is owned a chunk of money and RG3 will have to be paid more soon

Cut Roberts??? We signed the guy to a nice deal in the offseason and he hasn't even played a down for us yet, and we're cutting him now??

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:57 am

Uh.... no. Definitely not cutting Andre Roberts.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:12 am

With DeSean twisting his ankle. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11316 ... ists-ankle I think that we can see more of Grant the first game. Even though, we probably would have because its only the 1st game. Just saying...

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm

EA7649 wrote:With DeSean twisting his ankle. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11316 ... ists-ankle I think that we can see more of Grant the first game. Even though, we probably would have because its only the 1st game. Just saying...

It actually might reduce his time.. with Garçon out, and now DeSean likely out, I'd think that bumps Grant up to the starters right?
The ones will play "8-10 snaps, maybe the full quarter..." according to coach- where as the twos and threes will get more "time". Coach might elect to play RG3tds with both the ones and twos to get more of a look, but from a coaching standpoint I'd say he'd be able to more accurately gauge him vs the starters. Burning backups and future PS players isn't all that telling.

Guess we will see tomorrow, and I hope he shines in his time on the field!

HTTR

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
EA7649 wrote:With DeSean twisting his ankle. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11316 ... ists-ankle I think that we can see more of Grant the first game. Even though, we probably would have because its only the 1st game. Just saying...

It actually might reduce his time.. with Garçon out, and now DeSean likely out, I'd think that bumps Grant up to the starters right?
The ones will play "8-10 snaps, maybe the full quarter..." according to coach- where as the twos and threes will get more "time". Coach might elect to play RG3tds with both the ones and twos to get more of a look, but from a coaching standpoint I'd say he'd be able to more accurately gauge him vs the starters. Burning backups and future PS players isn't all that telling.

Guess we will see tomorrow, and I hope he shines in his time on the field!

HTTR

That's a good point...but both garcon and jackson injuries aren't serious. And they'll be back before the regular season. Probably 100% by pre-season game 3 the important one. So maybe have Grant and Roberts both out there a lot and see who is truly better

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:20 am

I don't think Grant's game is about "burning" anyone really. He's not an Aldrick Robinson. Word is that he has impressed coaches with good route running and good hands. I was hoping to see DJax in action, but like you guys have pointed out there is probably a lot of value in see Grant (and Robinson for that matter) out there against the Pats' first team guys early.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:44 am

riggofan wrote:I don't think Grant's game is about "burning" anyone really. He's not an Aldrick Robinson. Word is that he has impressed coaches with good route running and good hands. I was hoping to see DJax in action, but like you guys have pointed out there is probably a lot of value in see Grant (and Robinson for that matter) out there against the Pats' first team guys early.

I was referring to a video catching fire from camp.. it wasnt the speed "burn" he just put the moves on the DB and broke his ankles (not really) for a wide open td. Crowd went nuts... but it was a back up db is my point

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:02 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
riggofan wrote:I don't think Grant's game is about "burning" anyone really. He's not an Aldrick Robinson. Word is that he has impressed coaches with good route running and good hands. I was hoping to see DJax in action, but like you guys have pointed out there is probably a lot of value in see Grant (and Robinson for that matter) out there against the Pats' first team guys early.

I was referring to a video catching fire from camp.. it wasnt the speed "burn" he just put the moves on the DB and broke his ankles (not really) for a wide open td. Crowd went nuts... but it was a back up db is my point

Gotcha, man. Heard about that one! Sounds like a burn in my book too. :)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:46 pm

http://httr4life.com/redskins-patriots- ... cap-day-2/

Wr one om ones I think its in that batch

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football