Joe Jacoby

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Joe Jacoby

Postby DEHog » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:31 am

Congrats to Joe Jacoby for being named one of the semifinalists for the Pro Football HOF Class of 2016!! The past few years we’ve have made a effort to help keep his name current with the voters. What You Can Do to Get Joe Jacoby in the Hall of Fame…Glad you asked!!!
We ask that each and every one of you EMAIL AND TWEET AT EVERY VOTER and tell him/her what you think. Contact each one multiple times, as many as you can. You can either cut and paste the email below or write your own message

Dear __________:
Please vote for Joe Jacoby to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Joe was a revolutionary left tackle who led his team to 4 Super Bowl appearances, including 3 Super Bowl victories, blocked some of the greatest pass rushers in the history of the game, was the leader one of the greatest offensive lines in NFL history, The Hogs, and led a feared running game that put a running back into the Hall of Fame himself. The history and story of the National Football League, the Washington Redskins and the positon of Offensive Tackle cannot be written or told without Joe Jacoby. Please vote for him to be enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

[list=]Arizona: Kent Somers Arizona Republic FOX/Atlanta kent.somers@arizonarepublic.com @kentsomers
Atlanta: Len Pasquarelli
Baltimore: Scott Garceau WMAR-TV Scott@1057thefan.com @ScottGShow1057
Buffalo: Vic Carucci Buffalo News vcarucci@buffnews.com @viccarucci
Carolina: Darin Gantt ProFootballTalk gantt@profootballtall.com @daringantt
Chicago: Dan Pompei Bleacher Report

Cincinnati: Vacant
Cleveland: Tony Grossi ESPNCleveland.com/WKNR Radio grossipr@me.com @TonyGrossi
Dallas: Rick Gosselin Dallas Morning News rgosselin@dallasnews.com @RickGosselinDMN
Denver: Jeff Legwold ESPN/ESPN.com @Jeff_Legwold
Detroit: Dave Birkett Detroit Free Press dbirkett@freepress.com @davebirkett
Green Bay: Pete Dougherty Green Bay Press-Gazette pdougher@greenbay.gannett.com PeteDougherty
Houston: John McClain Houston Chronicle @McClain
Indianapolis: Mike Chappell RTV6 - ABC Affiliate Indianapolis
Jacksonville: Sam Kouvaris WJXT-TV skouvari@wjxt.com @samkouvaris
Kansas City: Randy Covitz Kansas City Star @randycovitz
Miami: Armando Salguero Miami Herald asalguero@miamiherald.com @ArmandoSalguero
Minnesota: Mark Craig The Minneapolis Star-Tribune @markcraignfl
New England: Ron Borges Boston Herald @RonBorges
New Orleans: Jeff Duncan Times-Picayune jduncan@nola.com @JeffDuncan_
New York (Giants): Bob Glauber Newsday bob.glauber@newsday.com @BobGlauber
New York (Jets): Gary Myers New York Daily News @garymyersNYDN
Oakland: Frank Cooney The Sports Xchange fcooney@sportsxchange.com
Philadelphia: Paul Domowitch Philadelphia Daily News pdomo@aol.com @pdomo
Pittsburgh: Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette @EdBouchette
St. Louis: Bernie Miklasz St. Louis Post-Dispatch @miklasz
San Diego: Nick Canepa San Diego Union Tribune @sdutCanepa
San Francisco: Nancy Gay @nancygay
Seattle: Mike Sando ESPN.com @SandoESPN
Tampa Bay: Ira Kaufman Tampa Tribune @IKaufmanTBO
Tennessee: David Climer The Tennessean dclimer@tennessean.com @DavidClimer
Washington: David Elfin DavidElfinonSports.com @davidelfin

At Large: Howard Balzer The Sports Xchange HBalzer@sportsxchange.com or HBalzer@aol.com @hbalzer721
At Large: Jarrett Bell USA Today jbell@usatoday.com @JarrettBell
At Large: John Clayton ESPN @ClaytonESPN
At Large: Jason Cole BleacherReport.com @JasonColeBR
At Large: John Czarnecki FOXSports.com
At Large: Clark Judge @clarkjudgeTOF
At Large: Peter King Sports Illustrated @SI_PeterKing
At Large: Ira Miller The Sports Xchange imiller@sportsxchange.com
At Large: Sal Paolantonio ESPN @SalPal_ESPN
At Large:Vito Stellino Florida Times Union vito.stellino@jacksonville.com @vitostellino
At Large: Jim Trotter ESPN @JimTrotter_NFL
At Large: Charean Williams Ft. Worth Star Telegram cjwilliams@star-telegram.com @NFLCharean
At Large: Barry Wilner Associated Press @wilner88[/list]
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Re: Joe Jacoby

Postby oj » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:50 am

Will do. I just assumed he already was in the HOF, I'm shocked there is even a discussion about it! Thanks for posting this.
Molon Labe

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:33 am

Funny you say that, we hear that alot!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:22 am

How about this for a letter?

Dear PFWAA, remember that guy you elected to the Class Of 2010 who wore #68 for the Washington Redskins? There was this undrafted guy who played next to him. That guy was at least as important to the team's success in the 1980's as the guy you elected. I wouldn't want to namedrop but if you'd spare a few minutes to check out the game tape of the 1982, 1983, and 1987 seasons and the numbers I think you'll find his career is statistically comparable not only to the aforementioned #68 but also to a #74 of the Houston Oilers, class of 2007 and to a #77 of the New Orleans Saints, class of 2012. There is no conceivable explanation as to why perhaps the greatest undrafted offensive lineman to play the game has been overlooked for so long. Please correct this egregious injustice with the rightful election of #66 the the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. Or go to hell and die so we can get some writers with a functioning brain in your stead. Thanks for your time.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby oj » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:36 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:How about this for a letter?

Dear PFWAA, remember that guy you elected to the Class Of 2010 who wore #68 for the Washington Redskins? There was this undrafted guy who played next to him. That guy was at least as important to the team's success in the 1980's as the guy you elected. I wouldn't want to namedrop but if you'd spare a few minutes to check out the game tape of the 1982, 1983, and 1987 seasons and the numbers I think you'll find his career is statistically comparable not only to the aforementioned #68 but also to a #74 of the Houston Oilers, class of 2007 and to a #77 of the New Orleans Saints, class of 2012. There is no conceivable explanation as to why perhaps the greatest undrafted offensive lineman to play the game has been overlooked for so long. Please correct this egregious injustice with the rightful election of #66 the the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. Or go to hell and die so we can get some writers with a functioning brain in your stead. Thanks for your time.

Woot!
Molon Labe

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:22 am

Ha....It's ironic because there's a feeling that Grimm going in has hurt Joe. We have told them about olines with 2 players in the HOF...none are as accomplished as the Hogs. All signs seem to be pointing to Pace going in this year, while he is deserving, no way he's more deserving than Joe. I think Joe get in next year if Pace goes this year. Joe only has two years left after this year to go in as a modern era HOF'er.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 am

DEHog wrote:

Ha....It's ironic because there's a feeling that Grimm going in has hurt Joe. We have told them about olines with 2 players in the HOF...none are as accomplished as the Hogs. All signs seem to be pointing to Pace going in this year, while he is deserving, no way he's more deserving than Joe. I think Joe get in next year if Pace goes this year. Joe only has two years left after this year to go in as a modern era HOF'er.

It's all glad-handing. We know David Elfin and Len Pasquarelli are voting for Jake because they covered his entire career. But to get some of these other writers on board you have to play the "If you vote for my guy I'll vote for your guy" game, which is why it never should have been left to the writers in the first place. The players and coaches would have far more integrity in the process than do the writers.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 am

^^ Agreed, I wish Elfin would do more but I guess as a voters you can't openly politic for your guy?? Bottom line he deserves to be in!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 am

I'll do it.

Don't forget Jeff Bostic, though. Joe Gibbs: three Super Bowl wins with three different starting QB's and three different RB's. Only one primary WR: Art Monk, and Monk has been elected to the HoF. Only one center: Jeff Bostic.

I always remember that the NY Times evaluated the all-star Cowboys and the no-name Redskins for the NFC Championship before SB 17. Described Bostic as just a fat guy who would be pushed all over the field by the mighty Cowboys. Redskins' first offense play: John Riggins up the middle for about five yards. Would have been Bostic with Grimm and Mark May on either side.

Come to think of it, the Redskins only used two centers over 30 seasons...allowing for a three-year transition:

- Len Hauss: 1964 - 1977
- Jeff Bostic: 1980 - 1993

Bostic might have shared center with someone else in 1980. I didn't pay close attention to the OL until 1981. Seems like no one did until The Hogs were named.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 pm

welch wrote:I'll do it.

Don't forget Jeff Bostic, though. Joe Gibbs: three Super Bowl wins with three different starting QB's and three different RB's. Only one primary WR: Art Monk, and Monk has been elected to the HoF. Only one center: Jeff Bostic.

I always remember that the NY Times evaluated the all-star Cowboys and the no-name Redskins for the NFC Championship before SB 17. Described Bostic as just a fat guy who would be pushed all over the field by the mighty Cowboys. Redskins' first offense play: John Riggins up the middle for about five yards. Would have been Bostic with Grimm and Mark May on either side.

Come to think of it, the Redskins only used two centers over 30 seasons...allowing for a three-year transition:

- Len Hauss: 1964 - 1977
- Jeff Bostic: 1980 - 1993

Bostic might have shared center with someone else in 1980. I didn't pay close attention to the OL until 1981. Seems like no one did until The Hogs were named.

1978-1980 the center was Bob Kuziel, who had been a backup behind Len Hauss since 1975. Kuziel retired after the 1980 season so Bostic got to start immediately and never looked back.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:00 am

Vote Early Vote Often!!
http://www.nfl.com/hofvote

P.S. Joe was in the building yesterday for the W over da Bears!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:45 am

DEHog wrote:Vote Early Vote Often!!

It sucks that they make you vote for 15. I'd rather not dilute my votes.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:49 am

Deadskins wrote:

It also sucks that the vast majority of the fans voting don't know a damn thing about which of these players are Hall Of Famers.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

It also sucks that the vast majority of the fans voting don't know a damn thing about which of these players are Hall Of Famers.

I'd add some of the voters don't as well!!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:53 am

DEHog wrote:I'd add some of the voters don't as well!!

Q.E.D.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football