Joe Jacoby

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Joe Jacoby

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm pretty sure that Joe missed out again - very sad
Hopefully 2018 is the end of the frustration we have had here since 1999 - 'we'll be better next year' SUCKS - we have added some good young players - we need to change the losing culture of the past 5 seasons - our record of 31-48 is horrible

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Grrrrrowl!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Extremely sad and disappointed but not surprised.

The Redskins of the late 80's and early 90's have been systematically ignored by the NFL, the media and other owners.

I would argue rationally that the lack of success over the last two decades has not helped much a few of our past players. New generations of fans and media members never knew those players or do not even remember their names anymore.

Another element includes the fact that most people in the NFL and other owners plus a sizeable chunk of the media very deservedly hate Dan Snyder.

Some even might argue that those members of the media who consider the name "Redskins" offensive would vote against any of our players for that reason alone. A useful hidden or not hidden excuse.

Only sustained success will bring back the names of some of our best past players into the HOF. That is difficult to even see over the horizon under the present management.

Just think for a second ... in the Draft with the best class of QBs in a long while ... the Washington Redskins do not try to move to secure their future with a young QB. Instead, they go for a tired old hand. I somewhat feel sorry for Smith. Bad choice to have come to us. But I digress ...

NO HOPE. [-X
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:51 am

Too Soon!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:45 pm

DEHog wrote:Too Soon!
smh
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:05 pm

It's meaningless to get elected to a Hall Of Fame almost as an afterthought. If he ever gets in he probably won't even care at that point.
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 am

Well two years ago a member of the senior committee said on the record that they told the entire HOF committee that if Joe was send to them that they would send him right back for a vote!! So we are all optimistic that Joe will get in sooner rather than later!! The members of the senior committee knows Joe's career well and is in favor of him getting in!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football