Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Countertrey » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:56 pm

I just removed a series of posts that were loaded with highly suspicious links, and banned the bot or spammer who loaded it. I am currently up to 15 posts removed. :evil: :evil: :evil: I would not be surprised to find more.
Please keep in mind, IF THE POST LOOKS WEIRD OR SUSPICIOUS, TRUST YOUR GUT... Avoid the post, DO NOT click on unknown links. Do not respond to it.
In this case, the post was obviously nonsense, and full of oddly named links.

Let a mod know when you see this. Again, do not touch those links. [-X
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Countertrey » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:42 am

Again... please DO NOT REPLY to these threads... It's pretty damned obvious what the posts are... just don't reply.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 18349
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Countertrey wrote:Again... please DO NOT REPLY to these threads... It's pretty damned obvious what the posts are... just don't reply.

Pretty sure I deleted them all, but if they come back, just avoid them.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

tribe
Posts: 7076
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Re: PLEASE READ!!!

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:20 pm

There's a robot lurking....?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11997
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:There's a robot lurking....?


They come in waves.
"I’m never under the assumption that you draft for need. You draft the best available football player on the board. ... Because, in the long run, they are the ones who will help you win the most games." - Scot McCloughan

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Countertrey » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:There's a robot lurking....?


They come in waves.
And, this one is BIG...


And has a Russian accent...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 8707
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: PLEASE READ!!!

Postby riggofan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:34 am

I don't know if anyone running the website can modify the phpBB code. Maybe something like:

if(messageBody.contains("viagra")){ response.redirect "/fckOff"; }

:) Sorry php isn't a language I work with.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 pm

So, I have just cleaned out about 90 porn spam posts from a variety of spam bots. I believe the system Mark set up back in the late fall is still working... .so how did this happen? All of these bots were enrolled into the site in September and October, during the spam storm. They were basically just planted for activation at a later time. Diabolical! I doubt that we have cleaned them all... but we'll deal with it when the next storm happens.

Thanks for your patience, folks!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 17655
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:54 am

THANKS to you and the others here for all you go through for us
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby mastdark81 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Countertrey wrote:So, I have just cleaned out about 90 porn spam posts from a variety of spam bots. I believe the system Mark set up back in the late fall is still working... .so how did this happen? All of these bots were enrolled into the site in September and October, during the spam storm. They were basically just planted for activation at a later time. Diabolical! I doubt that we have cleaned them all... but we'll deal with it when the next storm happens.

Thanks for your patience, folks!



Thank you and by the way what happened to this forum. It use to be full. Do we need to help advertise or what?

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Countertrey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

mastdark81 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:So, I have just cleaned out about 90 porn spam posts from a variety of spam bots. I believe the system Mark set up back in the late fall is still working... .so how did this happen? All of these bots were enrolled into the site in September and October, during the spam storm. They were basically just planted for activation at a later time. Diabolical! I doubt that we have cleaned them all... but we'll deal with it when the next storm happens.

Thanks for your patience, folks!



Thank you and by the way what happened to this forum. It use to be full. Do we need to help advertise or what?

I suspect that all Redskins forums are struggling a bit... it takes some excitement for the team to move the forums... There's not a lot of excitement in Redskins territory right now.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Countertrey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Yeah, folks... more deposits today... more "deep cover" spam bots with join dates of mid October '16. Killed a bunch of them before they could post, but some got through... I won't be surprised if more pop up overnight, but we'll clean then as quickly as we can... Please remember... DON'T CLICK THE LINKS.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby Countertrey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:Yeah, folks... more deposits today... more "deep cover" spam bots with join dates of mid October '16. Killed a bunch of them before they could post, but some got through... I won't be surprised if more pop up overnight, but we'll clean then as quickly as we can... Please remember... DON'T CLICK THE LINKS.
... annnnnnd... they were back. Dumped a load overnight... cleaned up for now... I'm sure there are more...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 17655
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:43 am

THANKS
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Skins History Buff
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Update July 17... PLEASE READ!!!

Postby welch » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 pm

My thanks, as well. It was tedious just to note the obvious porn-spam garbage. Must have been three times as tedious to kill them.

On to the season. No matter what, HTTR

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football