Everybody fled the building?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Everybody fled the building?

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 am

oj wrote:
oj wrote:I just checked, I don't see the game being listed on regular tv. This is so pathetic that local channels don't think there is enough interest to broadcast the game? Now it makes sense that we saw the Ravens game via The Ravens. We wouldn't have been able to see that game either, they weren't broadcasting to us, they were broadcasting to Balitimore!
You think anybody in the FO thinks this might be an 'unfavorable' indicater of popularity? Like thye're doing something wrong?

Whew! that was close, squeeky wheel got the grease! Good thing I ranted, eh?

I think I watched it on NBC Saturday night. Couldn't find it?

Related topic though, does anyone know what the radio situation will be this season? I know they dumped their FM channels this fall so I've only been able to find the Redskins station on 980 AM which is horrible. Will the games be available on any FM stations?

I'm on the road a lot of Sundays, end up listening to nearly as many games as I watch.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 pm

riggofan wrote:Related topic though, does anyone know what the radio situation will be this season? I know they dumped their FM channels this fall so I've only been able to find the Redskins station on 980 AM which is horrible. Will the games be available on any FM stations?

I'm on the road a lot of Sundays, end up listening to nearly as many games as I watch.

105.9 FM my brother!!
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
riggofan wrote:Related topic though, does anyone know what the radio situation will be this season? I know they dumped their FM channels this fall so I've only been able to find the Redskins station on 980 AM which is horrible. Will the games be available on any FM stations?

105.9 FM my brother!!

Alright, thanks man! Love listening to Sonny, Doc and C00ley during games almost as much as watching on tv.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby oj » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 pm

riggofan wrote:
oj wrote:
oj wrote:I just checked, I don't see the game being listed on regular tv. This is so pathetic that local channels don't think there is enough interest to broadcast the game? Now it makes sense that we saw the Ravens game via The Ravens. We wouldn't have been able to see that game either, they weren't broadcasting to us, they were broadcasting to Balitimore!
You think anybody in the FO thinks this might be an 'unfavorable' indicater of popularity? Like thye're doing something wrong?

Whew! that was close, squeeky wheel got the grease! Good thing I ranted, eh?

I think I watched it on NBC Saturday night. Couldn't find it?

Related topic though, does anyone know what the radio situation will be this season? I know they dumped their FM channels this fall so I've only been able to find the Redskins station on 980 AM which is horrible. Will the games be available on any FM stations?

The broadcast has moved to WMAL (105.9FM), I did find it on NBC. I believe the TV listiing showed NASCAR so I was surprised when I just tried the channels again right at kikoff. There they were!
Now, if they could do something about synching tv & radio, I think there is a gizmo to do that.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:59 am

The fact is our ownership/leadership team have done very little to garner interest. This offseason was a sh!tshow and when you consider the fact we are in a division with one established playoff team and two other ascending teams --- it doesn't bode well.

This offseason proved, once again, that Danny boy & Co. are perfectly content with destroying anything considered as progress while relying on the blind loyalty of their fans. And it doesn't help that smart players, such as Cousins, are unwilling to invest in the franchise and the good players we do sign via FA are for shortened deals ---- which confirms my gut instinct that as long as Danny boy runs this show, we will never get past the first round (at least on a consistent basis).

So ---- yes, my interest has been getting smaller as the years drag on (at least cumulatively; certain years have been better than others). And this offseason has been worse than the overwhelming majority, but I am still a skins fan through and through. However, this season will only be the second time (first was 2014) I have not ordered Sunday Ticket to watch my skins play.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:50 am

markshark84 wrote:The fact is our ownership/leadership team have done very little to garner interest.

There's a case to be made that this is the best possible thing to see this owner do: NOTHING!!! :D

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:48 am

Has anyone seen Fios ?

I haven't seen the cup in over a year.
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:38 pm

riggofan wrote:
markshark84 wrote:The fact is our ownership/leadership team have done very little to garner interest.

There's a case to be made that this is the best possible thing to see this owner do: NOTHING!!! :D

Please stop. I have been told by several posters that all will be well and this is an untouchable subject:

Irn-Bru wrote:
riggofan wrote:Its almost football season. Could care less about Snyder or Allen at this point.

But I'm starting to get hyped about seeing this guy in action. Check out THIS catch:

https://twitter.com/FixOurBullpen/statu ... 6979728386

=D>

Hooligan wrote:
riggofan wrote:Its almost football season. Could care less about Snyder or Allen at this point.

But I'm starting to get hyped about seeing this guy in action. Check out THIS catch:

https://twitter.com/FixOurBullpen/statu ... 6979728386

Pffft... great WR play won't help anything, didn't you know Dan Snyder runs the team??? C'mon, bro! :-"

Not even 7 - 7 season but I am hoping I am wrong.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm hoping that the franchise can find a way to be in the playoffs but I also know that there is nobody coaching or playing here that truly believes that they have a decent chance at being in the playoffs - that attitude is primarily due to Dan Snyder

The Redskins needs an attitude change and that begins with Dan Snyder having a FO that has full control over who coaches and plays here

as usual, hoping for the playoffs this season but I also know that there's little chance of us being that lucky
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering
give people the authority to do their jobs and support them
'Happy Xmas, you're fired Bruce Allen' would be a good start

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:33 am

welch wrote:It is still baseball season. Let's go Nats!!

When the cuts have been made and the Redskins begin to play for real, I pay more attention.
Correct.

And I've never been able to accurately predict anything from preseason. I don't watch unless I on mistake see it on TV. I just check injury reports.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football