3rd preseason game vs Bungles

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: 3rd preseason game vs Bungles

Postby riggofan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

mastdark81 wrote:No way he's better than Carr nor Stafford.

Just curious, but by what measure? Neither of those guys have won a playoff game.

The big knock on Kirk over the past two years has been, yeah he's putting up good numbers but he hasn't won anything. So what have Carr or Stafford done that is wildly beyond Cousins?

I don't disagree with you btw. I'd take Carr over Cousins most days and probably Matt Stafford too. Just asking the question.

IMO Kirk is worth starting QB money. I'm not always thrilled with everything he does, but I'd rather have a stable, capable QB than be in a situation like the Jets. Starting the season with 38 year old Josh McNown. (And you all know we've been there!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:29 pm

Cousins value as a starting QB is not based on how good he is, it's based on the QB 'market' - whether he's as 'good' as Carr, Stafford or a lot of other QBs is not worth discussing - there are a lot of QBs that are better than Cousins but they are not playing here

the amount of money it would take to keep Cousins is not a factor as he's not going to get that because he's not that good

we should have signed him earlier and we didn't - time to move on - Cousins is the Redskins starting QB for another season and hopefully he plays great - next season IMO he'll be playing somewhere else
The Redskins' franchise has been a huge disappointment since 1999 and IMO it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering and making decisions about who coaches and plays here
Snyder needs to support the troops not fight them

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:46 pm

There's some info out there that actually shows Kirk isn't nearly as good as we hope.. in fact maybe even processing the game slower then say McCoy!!!

Very troubling read... I'll see if I can find it, while I pray that it's wrong
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 pm

VERY daunting analysis about Kirk and not anticipating his throws, being late- repeatedly, missing open targets, and locking on to his read... sound familiar??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... y.amp.html
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:35 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:VERY daunting analysis about Kirk and not anticipating his throws, being late- repeatedly, missing open targets, and locking on to his read... sound familiar??

You realize he's just a blogger who got picked up by BR because they had nothing better, right?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:24 pm

I do now... however, there is some truth to the observations made on the Cinci game... sure hope Kirk proves the world he is worth top dollar, or it can be another looooong year(s)!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:31 am

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:VERY daunting analysis about Kirk and not anticipating his throws, being late- repeatedly, missing open targets, and locking on to his read... sound familiar??

You realize he's just a blogger who got picked up by BR because they had nothing better, right?

You questioning the analysis of noted local blogger, Doug Farrar?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:57 pm

riggofan wrote:

Just curious, but by what measure? Neither of those guys have won a playoff game.

The big knock on Kirk over the past two years has been, yeah he's putting up good numbers but he hasn't won anything. So what have Carr or Stafford done that is wildly beyond Cousins?

I don't disagree with you btw. I'd take Carr over Cousins most days and probably Matt Stafford too. Just asking the question.

IMO Kirk is worth starting QB money. I'm not always thrilled with everything he does, but I'd rather have a stable, capable QB than be in a situation like the Jets. Starting the season with 38 year old Josh McNown. (And you all know we've been there!)

Carr didn't win a playoff game because in his sole playoff game he was suppose to play he was injured. If you watch the games you can see Carr while 3 years younger is already ahead of Cousins. Leadership, playmaking ability he's above. More of a gamer than Cousins. While both defenses struggled and Redskins statistically were worst, in the stat that matters the most (touchdowns allowed) Raiders gave up 2 more points than our defense yet Raiders were 12-4 off of Carr's arm! When passing 36 or more times in '16 Carr won 5 of 7 gms, Stafford 4 of 11 gms, & Cousins 1.5 gms out of 8 gms.

I feel Cousins has had really good games against like Packers (wind game), Tampa Bay (2015) where he carried the team on his shoulders. Carr have games like this with more consistency and have had several comebacks within the last two minutes where he showed balls of steel.

Stafford it is more of the same thing. He has more confidence than Cousins and not afraid to go for the win instead of protecting a lead. Stafford was rough around the edges at one point but it was strictly maturity and having Megatron to be bailed out. You put Stafford on our team in 2016 with Garcon and DJax and Reed and we are in the playoffs. Staffords been to the postseason 3 times with very mediocre talent. If you swap offenses in 2016, you may not have 1 player from Detroit start for the Redskins offense. So he's doing more with less.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 am

mastdark81 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Carr didn't win a playoff game because in his sole playoff game he was suppose to play he was injured. If you watch the games you can see Carr while 3 years younger is already ahead of Cousins. Leadership, playmaking ability he's above. More of a gamer than Cousins. While both defenses struggled and Redskins statistically were worst, in the stat that matters the most (touchdowns allowed) Raiders gave up 2 more points than our defense yet Raiders were 12-4 off of Carr's arm! When passing 36 or more times in '16 Carr won 5 of 7 gms, Stafford 4 of 11 gms, & Cousins 1.5 gms out of 8 gms.

I feel Cousins has had really good games against like Packers (wind game), Tampa Bay (2015) where he carried the team on his shoulders. Carr have games like this with more consistency and have had several comebacks within the last two minutes where he showed balls of steel.

Stafford it is more of the same thing. He has more confidence than Cousins and not afraid to go for the win instead of protecting a lead. Stafford was rough around the edges at one point but it was strictly maturity and having Megatron to be bailed out. You put Stafford on our team in 2016 with Garcon and DJax and Reed and we are in the playoffs. Staffords been to the postseason 3 times with very mediocre talent. If you swap offenses in 2016, you may not have 1 player from Detroit start for the Redskins offense. So he's doing more with less.

:up:

I don't disagree. I do think those two players look better than Cousins and both seem to be on the upswing. Just basing it off the eyeball test though, I guess is my point. None of them have actually proven anything yet so until then its just subjective.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:23 pm

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

You questioning the analysis of noted local blogger, Doug Farrar?

HAH! Based exclusively on the fact that BR picked up two blogs by noted THN cretin, Countertrey... Their desperation bred my contempt! :mrgreen:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:42 am

Countertrey wrote:HAH! Based exclusively on the fact that BR picked up two blogs by noted THN cretin, Countertrey... Their desperation bred my contempt! :mrgreen:

:D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football