OK....it's time to say "he's a bust".....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

OK....it's time to say "he's a bust".....

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Gruden: Josh Doctson hasn't done much for us
Speaking Tuesday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden admitted Josh Doctson's continued missed time is a concern, and that the second-year pro "hasn't done a lot for us."
"We've only had him a year and he hasn't done a lot for us," was Gruden's exact quote. Doctson was held out of Sunday's dress rehearsal with groin and hamstring pain. He's apparently pushing to play in Thursday's preseason finale, but that's unlikely. Doctson remains a complete wild card heading into his sophomore season. It's hard to see him making a fantasy impact.

Trade him............cut him....... practice squad. I'm not impressed.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: OK....it's time to say "he's a bust".....

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Had the game been a regular season game, would he have missed it? I don't think so; he was held out as a precaution.

Say what you want about Doctson, it is still way too early to say he's a bust and should be traded, cut, put on the practice squad, etc. I'd prefer to wait until mid-season before even considering this topic, let alone making a call one way or the other.
"I’m never under the assumption that you draft for need. You draft the best available football player on the board. ... Because, in the long run, they are the ones who will help you win the most games." - Scot McCloughan

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:43 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
Gruden: Josh Doctson hasn't done much for us
Speaking Tuesday, Redskins coach Jay Gruden admitted Josh Doctson's continued missed time is a concern, and that the second-year pro "hasn't done a lot for us."
"We've only had him a year and he hasn't done a lot for us," was Gruden's exact quote. Doctson was held out of Sunday's dress rehearsal with groin and hamstring pain. He's apparently pushing to play in Thursday's preseason finale, but that's unlikely. Doctson remains a complete wild card heading into his sophomore season. It's hard to see him making a fantasy impact.

Trade him............cut him....... practice squad. I'm not impressed.

Ahhh... I see you've never had a groin or hamstring injury... I'm with Bru... WAY too early.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:16 am

Countertrey wrote:Ahhh... I see you've never had a groin or hamstring injury... I'm with Bru... WAY too early.

Absolutely the worst injuries, just nothing to be done with them. His trying to play through them likely exacerbating the issues.

I totally get the frustration with Doctson though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 am

Doctson is a concern, however, it's too early to call him a bust
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Bust??? Lmmfao we need him to be our Savior!!!

I'll reserve judgement until games that count start
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Well a number 1 pick, healthy and he get's a total of 20 snaps and no balls thrown his way. He was schedule to be a replacement for Garcon or Jackson. Now Gruden is basically saying he even sucks in practice. But this was a pick that Gruden demanded last year! They should get rid of Gruden, Allen, Cousins, that Scheriff, Doctson to name a few.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Gruden demanded??? Where do you get this stuff??

Thats a sure fire Scotty Mc pick... As was Cravens... As is Sherrf.. All pretty questionable right now eh?

Doctson is still getting healthy, as apparent by snap count... Reed is hurt, so is Crowder...

I'll wait until all are 100% do judge Kirks weapons
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:55 am

too soon to tell with a lot of things here - one thing seems clear to some, McCloughan did not help the franchise much with his draft picks

McCloughan might have been given a lot more credit than he deserved but nobody really has much of a chance at doing their jobs well here when you have an owner that basically interferes and meddles with what the coaches and players to ensure that he is looked at as the reason for the club's success .... we've done so well with this guy, haven't we? :twisted:

so ... it's way beyond time to say "he's a bust" about our Dan Snyder :lol:
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Gruden demanded??? Where do you get this stuff??

Thats a sure fire Scotty Mc pick... As was Cravens... As is Sherrf.. All pretty questionable right now eh?

Doctson is still getting healthy, as apparent by snap count... Reed is hurt, so is Crowder...

I'll wait until all are 100% do judge Kirks weapons

I was listening to the Junkies or Chad VS the World or some show and they were talking about the reason why the Redskins took Doctson with the number 1 pick last year. They said Gruden wanted him. That's where I got it from.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:31 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I was listening to the Junkies or Chad VS the World or some show and they were talking about the reason why the Redskins took Doctson with the number 1 pick last year. They said Gruden wanted him. That's where I got it from.

McCloughan has repeated in recent days that Doctson — his final first-round pick in Washington — was the highest-rated player on the Redskins board when they drafted him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc- ... 2d317aea84
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 am

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I was listening to the Junkies or Chad VS the World or some show and they were talking about the reason why the Redskins took Doctson with the number 1 pick last year. They said Gruden wanted him. That's where I got it from.

McCloughan has repeated in recent days that Doctson — his final first-round pick in Washington — was the highest-rated player on the Redskins board when they drafted him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc- ... 2d317aea84

Okay regardless who wanted him he still hasn't proven nothing but his ability to not be able to play. If it is indeed a fact they he was the highest rated player then that does support the allegation that McCloughan was drunk as hell. Evidently Allen was too because he okayed it. Right?? I mean we all have been hearing that Allen brushes his teeth with a Budweiser and drank for more than Scot.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Okay regardless who wanted him he still hasn't proven nothing but his ability to not be able to play. If it is indeed a fact they he was the highest rated player then that does support the allegation that McCloughan was drunk as hell. Evidently Allen was too because he okayed it. Right?? I mean we all have been hearing that Allen brushes his teeth with a Budweiser and drank for more than Scot.

hah. I have no idea, man!

I don't think its any big scandal that Docston was highly rated in 2016. He was generally projected to be a first round pick that year. My issue is that fans continue to talk about McCloughan as this draft guru without whom the team is completely doomed. His draft results here just don't support that.

Maybe Docston will pan out (god, I hope so), but he's literally done nothing for the team so far. Meanwhile Jonathan Allen got the most snaps of any player on our defense last weekend. In week one of his rookie season.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:31 pm

^^^^ my feelings exactly

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:23 pm

maybe we'll get another first round pick in the next draft where even this idiot owner and his yes man BA can't miss with the pick

we were very fortunate that Allen fell to us but it really does not matter who we draft or who is coaching here while this owner continues to be involved and refuses to let NFL people make the decisions on who coaches and plays here

McCloughan's biggest mistake was taking the job here and thinking that maybe he could rebuild his reputation - HA! as soon as it looked like he might be getting too much credit, he's gone

what a scum-ball owner this guy is proving to be

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football