OK....it's time to say "he's a bust".....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Re: OK....it's time to say "he's a bust".....

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:35 am

Ya, I was post about the drop until I saw slow KO reveal it was just a better play by Amerson.. Pryor needs to step the F up and we may have a nice w core. Should be buzzing already, but I'll take some CThompson and Veron Davis until they do!!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:43 am

OldSchool wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Doctson is just slowly getting inserted into the lineup because of his hamstring injury in preseason...

He showed some skills tonight thooo boooooy!!!!

Everything is better when you winning!!!!

I share your enthusiasm for Doctson's big catch tonight.

How about you think about a new handle, because you knew who was a bust....

I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind... Def should've went with a former great over current team member.. Even KerrAkpo was short lived! Now a days careers go all over the league. Probably should've had another ST handle, or my childhood favorite DG.

But no, I chose my poison and stand by it. His rookie year brought hope and some damn Ws for the first time in a minute... The Thanksgiving Massacre in dullass will never be erased tho... The turducken and best Turkey day I've ever had is forever laminated in the artful genius of my avatar here! :twisted:

CowboyKillerzhttR!!! Ckr will do
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:17 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:But no, I chose my poison and stand by it.

I feel the same way about my Patrick Ramsey jersey. Stick to your guns, son.

And whatever else happened with RG3.... we'll always have that week 1 game v. New Orleans!!! :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:44 am

A single great reception for a TD does not make a career. It does not ensure or guarantee continued success.

However, I am with Santana Moss and Kirk Cousins. The guy may be a late bloomer in the eyes of the first and need to show on the field what he has already shown in practice to the second, each in their own words.

So, definitely not a bust but not a Hall of Fame recipient either. Just a work in progress who has earned more time in the roster. I am hoping for the best.

I was watching his size, reach and the way he ran with the ball. Reminded me for a second of .... naaaaahhh Nonsense. It could not be ever. Silly me. :)

HTTR.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:A single great reception for a TD does not make a career. It does not ensure or guarantee continued success.

However, I am with Santana Moss and Kirk Cousins. The guy may be a late bloomer in the eyes of the first and need to show on the field what he has already shown in practice to the second, each in their own words.

So, definitely not a bust but not a Hall of Fame recipient either. Just a work in progress who has earned more time in the roster. I am hoping for the best.

I was watching his size, reach and the way he ran with the ball. Reminded me for a second of .... naaaaahhh Nonsense. It could not be ever. Silly me. :)

HTTR.

2nd what............ Randy Moss? Jerry Rice? HAHAHA

Good TD, now KEEP THEM COMING.....!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Don't even say it for we shall jinx him!!! We know who art thou we speak!!!

Lips sealed like a Monk...

Hog

Postby Bishop Hammer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:18 pm

If Doctson can make it through a season he will show why he got drafted in the first round. But staying healthy is the question mark? Was his rookie year the aberration or a harbinger of his career?
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:A single great reception for a TD does not make a career. It does not ensure or guarantee continued success.

HTTR.
Wide Receiver is known to be among the most difficult positions for a college player to grow into at the pro level. His first year was lost to injury. The team continues to slowly increase his workload... but that one play was exactly what he was known for in college.

I had a flash of the same fantasy in that play, btw, RiC...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:54 am

gotta love it when a player finally gives you a glimpse of why he was so highly rated coming out of college

HOWEVER - we know these guys have the talent - consistently making those plays is what determines their careers - maybe Doctson has that
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:14 pm

SkinsJock wrote:gotta love it when a player finally gives you a glimpse of why he was so highly rated coming out of college

He broke my heart last night, but he shows great promise, dare I say, more so than Pryor, Sr.
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:gotta love it when a player finally gives you a glimpse of why he was so highly rated coming out of college

He broke my heart last night, but he shows great promise, dare I say, more so than Pryor, Sr.

He's got the potential to be a legit #1 WR, no doubt about it. I've heard people making the case that the team should just start playing him like a #1 guy and let him take his lumps this year. There's a lot riding on him.

That ball in the end zone was a heart breaker. It looked like he put one arm down to break his fall, might have hung on to the ball if not.

btw Am I crazy or is Ryan Grant actually delivering this year??? Look at the guys so far:

Grant 10 catches 119 yds 2 TDs
Pryor 13 catches 186yds 1 TD
Doc 3 catch 79 yd 1 TD

I'll be honest. Wasn't the guy I was expecting to step up with DJax and Garcon gone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:10 am

Doctson is showing his skills.. The catch would've been super impressive if he held on, the hand is his face mask defiantly made things harder. Hope he gets more opportunities and proves his talent

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:51 pm

riggofan wrote:
REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

He's got the potential to be a legit #1 WR, no doubt about it. I've heard people making the case that the team should just start playing him like a #1 guy and let him take his lumps this year. There's a lot riding on him.

That ball in the end zone was a heart breaker. It looked like he put one arm down to break his fall, might have hung on to the ball if not.

btw Am I crazy or is Ryan Grant actually delivering this year??? Look at the guys so far:

Grant 10 catches 119 yds 2 TDs
Pryor 13 catches 186yds 1 TD
Doc 3 catch 79 yd 1 TD

I'll be honest. Wasn't the guy I was expecting to step up with DJax and Garcon gone.

Yeah, I am seeing what Jay sees in Grant.

And WHERE the HECK is Crowder.......???
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby oj » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:18 am

Yup, Ryan Grant is showing up in critical situations where we'd see Crowder and, I too, am wondering why we haven't seen more of him. Maybe we have too many 3rd down weapons an dthe strategy is evolving on how to use them in other situations.
Molon Labe

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 am

words of wisdom from back in August
Irn-Bru wrote: ... Say what you want about Doctson, it is still way too early to say he's a bust and should be traded, cut, put on the practice squad, etc.
I'd prefer to wait until mid-season before even considering this topic, let alone making a call one way or the other.

looks like Doctson is of more 'value' to the Redskins coaches and players than to the fantasy crowd - :lol:
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football