Skins 53

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Skins 53

Postby riggofan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:42 am

Any big surprises for you guys? Disappointments? Shockers?

Sudfeld stands out, maybe they'll get him back on the practice squad. But stands out to me for all of the happy horses*** over the offseason about grooming him to take over when Cousins moves on. ROTFALMAO

Glad to see Mack Brown make the team. I kind of thought they might hang on to Jones for some reason, but seems like those bridges are burned.

I was a little surprised that Quick beat out Harris at WR. Completely bummed that Fish Smithson didn't make it. Would have enjoyed hearing announcers try to say that name. Its like talking with a mouthful of caramel.

Lastly - I know I can't be the only one beating my head on my desk that we're going into yet another season as a supposed 3-4 defense and still don't have a freaking NT. I'm not saying they should have kept one of these guys, but damn... ](*,) Maybe one of these guys ends up on PS. I'd like to see Lynden Trail there too.

OFFENSE

Quarterback (2): Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy
Final Cuts (1): Nate Sudfeld

Running Backs (4): Rob Kelley, Samaje Perine, Chris Thompson, Mack Brown
Final Cuts (2): Matt Jones, Kenny Hilliard

Wide Receivers (5): Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson, Terrelle Pryor Sr., Ryan Grant, Brian Quick
Final Cuts (7): Robert Davis, Maurice Harris, Matt Hazel, Levern Jacobs, Zach Pascal, James Quick, Jamari Staples

Tight Ends (4): Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Niles Paul, Jeremy Sprinkle
Final Cuts (2): Manasseh Garner, E.J. Bibbs, (Derek Carrier traded to RAMS for 7th round 2018 pick)

Offensive Linemen (8): Shawn Lauvao, Spencer Long, Morgan Moses, Ty Nsekhe, Brandon Scherff, Trent Williams, Chase Roullier, Tyler Catalina
Final Cuts (8): Lucas Crowley, Kyle Kalis, John Kling, Arie Kouandjio, Kendall Pace, Vinston Painter, Ronald Patrick, Isaiah Williams

DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen (6): Jonathan Allen, Ziggy Hood, Anthony Lanier II, Stacy McGee, Terrell McClain, Matt Ioannidis
Final Cuts (4): Brandon Banks, Joey Mbu, Ondre Pipkins, A.J. Francis

Linebackers (10): Ryan Kerrigan, Zach Brown, Mason Foster, Preston Smith, Will Compton, Martrell Spaight, Chris Carter, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Junior Galette, Ryan Anderson
Final Cuts (5): Nico Marley, Pete Robertson, Ron Thompson Jr., Lynden Trail, Zach Vigil

Cornerbacks (6): Josh Norman, Bashaud Breeland, Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Joshua Holsey, Kendall Fuller
Final Cuts (2): Tevin Homer, Jeremiah McKinnon

Safeties (5): D.J. Swearinger, Su'a Cravens, Deshazor Everett, Montae Nicholson, Stefan McClure
Final Cuts (2): Will Blackmon, Fish Smithson

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker (1): Dustin Hopkins
Punter (1): Tress Way
Long Snapper (1): Nick Sundberg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Re: Skins 53

Postby riggofan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 am

Smart move btw by McVay to trade for Derek Carrier. That guy can play. A 7th rounder for him is a steal. And good move for us because we wouldn't have been able to keep him. win/win.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:26 am

The NT situation is stupid. If it's that difficult to find one, or one that's good enough at the right money, then it's time to give up on the system

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm not very excited. :-?

Neither the team nor the fanbase are showing any energy at all.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:05 pm

Hooligan wrote:I'm not very excited. :-?

Neither the team nor the fanbase are showing any energy at all.

I agree 100%, it's like what difference does it make?

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:22 pm

I can't believe how some posters feel about the Skins now...REALLY?? if you're not excited or "what difference does it make?" -- my only comment to those of you feel this way....go the hell away and root for the Pats! They're good and apparently that's what you want. Why would you even "waste" your time to come here and post something like that? I've been rooting for the skins for more than 30 years, saw all the Super Bowls, celebrated in DC at the parades. I always have hope...and am excited for games to start ever week. Can't wait!

For those who aren't excited -- Goodbye...

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm

fredp45 wrote:I can't believe how some posters feel about the Skins now...REALLY?? if you're not excited or "what difference does it make?" -- my only comment to those of you feel this way....go the hell away and root for the Pats! They're good and apparently that's what you want. Why would you even "waste" your time to come here and post something like that? I've been rooting for the skins for more than 30 years, saw all the Super Bowls, celebrated in DC at the parades. I always have hope...and am excited for games to start ever week. Can't wait!

For those who aren't excited -- Goodbye...

Fredp45 - Calm down, I have been a Redskin fan since the mid 50's when we had Norm Sneed. Yes some seasons are more exciting than others and when the Redskins don't have a fun team to watch I don't waste my time. I didn't say they had to win as I always enjoyed the games when they had Sonny and would score 30 pts but still not win. If you want to watch a boring team, good for you but it is not for me. This doesn't mean I am not a Redskin Fan and I have no intention of going anywhere. When you get my age you pick and choose how you spend your time more carefully. :D

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Our new 3rd string qb Alex Togerson, I think is a downgrade http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-red ... tice-squad

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Calm down?

SO, you're not excited about the team but you're coming to a message board a helluva lot to post about them? haha

I would not say, they're boring at all. Jay likes to throw the ball around the field and runs only occasionally.

I could see fans getting frustrated (and bored) when Danny and Vinny were in charge but not with this offense.

I can't wait for the (boring) season to begin!!

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 am

I'm looking forward to watching the Redskins this season - I'm not excited or enthused about the team like I used to be

R E A L I T Y
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Well, the drama off-field certainly did not stop during these months.

Lots of back office power-struggles and contract disagreements we'll never really get to know.

Some other nuggets here and there, such as Cousins stating that the offense will maybe start to clic until October. But nothing really incendiary.

But this last week has been terrible, though: lost the starting NT and a starting safety. That will impact the start of the season.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:24 pm

I agree losing Taylor and Cravens is bad but clearly our depth is so much better. At least 5 of our cuts got picked up for another teams 53 or PS. That wasn't happening for a long time!!!

Are we even sure Cravens would have been a good Safety? Maybe Everett turns out to be better. A little surprised Blackmon didn't get resigned.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:36 pm

ferryrich wrote:The NT situation is stupid. If it's that difficult to find one, or one that's good enough at the right money, then it's time to give up on the system

Yes. Exactly right.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:41 pm

I wish it were simply a matter of the players playing and the coaches coaching ... it's more than that - this is a 7-9 win group if we're lucky

PLUS - Gruden is not a really good HC and Cousins is not a really good QB
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:54 am

welch wrote:
ferryrich wrote:The NT situation is stupid. If it's that difficult to find one, or one that's good enough at the right money, then it's time to give up on the system

Yes. Exactly right.

I think the truth is that it really IS hard to find a good NT. I'm with you guys on this. Quit trying to play a system where we don't have the right guys.

Weird and kind of disappointing story about Sudfeld btw. Skins made him an offer for the PS. Signing to Philly's PS instead of ours was kind of a b**** move IMO. He should be enough of a professional to understand why most teams including the Redskins carry two QBs on the active roster. Not to mention with our dicey QB situation and a couple years learning the system, you'd think he would have a chance to move up if he was any good. Screw that guy.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football